L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 12/5/2010 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this translucide powder for a while now. A little goes along way. It is not cakey and blends in with your makeup very nicely. If you are looking for a powder to set your liquid foundation, I would recommend this product. My only complaint was the puff that came with it wasn't the best, however since I use a face brush to put this on it really wasn't that big of a deal. I ended up throwing the puff out.

on 12/4/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

This is one of the few things that never breaks me out, so that could be enough reason to love it. However, it also looks great on. I have it in translucent, and it is somewhere between matte and not shimmery but it makes your skin look natural, not super matte but not a disco ball either. The only downside is using it under my eyes for concealer because it ends up looking wrinkly( I use benefits powderflage for that purpose). Will definitely repurchase, that is, if it ever finishes.

on 11/2/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is above average, handy and does its job, but not top-notch stuff.
Like so many powders out there, the finish is wonderfully natural. Caking & emphasis on dry skin is minimal. It doesn't change the colour of your foundation - doesn't lighten it or anything.

But in about an hour, I'm already oily and the powder starts to feel rubbery like clay. I have to reapply quite frequently. It would have been nicer if the texture was smooth, and not rubbery but I'm not too fussed.
It also makes my nose very uncomfortable (the scent!) and I literally need to hold my breath when I apply it because I'm allergic to the fragrance. Some of you may not be allergic to anything, but what I really am trying to say is that it is a very strongly scented powder.

Although I am more pleased than disappointed with this, I would not repurchase because it does not last long (oil-control problem). However, the beautifully natural finish should not be overlooked.

on 1/2/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this on sale for $5.99 at that price and after eading many glowing reviews i couldn't pass it up. i actually tried this many yrs ago, but think i bought it a shade too dark and because i was younger and my skin oilier, i didn't like the finish. lately i have been loving tinted moisturizer because they look dewier, more natural on me. but then i still needed a powder to set it with; while i have many (probably 10 from nyc brand all the way to la mer) nothing seemed right, all were too drying, or simply took away the glow i just achieved using tm.

this powder isn't at all shimmery, i see no glitter particles as i see no shimmer at all. just a finely milled powder that looks healthy on, sheer, semi matte even but glowy which to me means fresh, not a totally matte cake face. i have an oily t-zone still and am using either the carmindy for sally hansen yellow matte powder, or the maybelline dream matte, in those areas. i want to add i have highly reactive skin. i had hives around my eyes some mos back from wearing new sun glasses. so many items i can't tolerate though love, such as certain blushes and powders i once wore all the time, yet no adverse reactions to this.

so far so good, will update if anything changes, but sure hope not as this looks bealutiful on! i plan to go back and get a back up while the sale is on also because i dont see this sold many places anymore. if your skin is drier (or aside from your t zone), this is a good option as it doesn't accenbtuate dryness imo.

on 10/26/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had used this stuff for ages years ago, and for whatever reason stopped. I recently rediscovered this and wonder why I gave this up. The finish very natural not at all cakey or chalky. It's even better than MAC. The label says it's luminescent, but there is not a hint of glitter or sparkle. Just a believable ever so soft sheen. I havent even touched my old powder since I bought this..

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this for days when I just want light coverage without using liquid foundation. I have only used it a couple times, but so far I like it. It is not too mattifying. I have also used it to set the L'Oreal Visible Lift liquid foundation and I like the result. I got mine at Walgreens in a buy-1-get-1 bargain, so I don't mind the price at all. For days when I want more coverage or will be in photos, I opt for Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation and set it with Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Powder. For every day use, I think this Translucide loose powder gets the job done. I also like the color match (medium). The packaging works too, even though it is not fancy. I don't expect packaging to be fancy, as long as the product works. To minimize spillage, I covered the sifter with tape, leaving only a couple holes open. I travel a lot, so this helps decrease the mess. I will update this review if this product breaks me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is hands-down the best loose powder I have ever used. It blends in perfectly and makes my skin look flawless. For best results, I apply it with a large brush-the pad that comes with it makes it go on too heavily. It doesn't upset my very sensitive skin, and lasts all day. I stock up on it everytime there is a sale.

on 1/23/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Quite beautiful! I very rarely use loose powder but when I do, I'm always so pleased with the results that Translucide gives me. I always apply it with a large brush and it leaves my skin looking smooth, even and healthy. Adequately controls shine all day long (I might need one blotting paper in the afternoon). The jar is very plain-looking though.

on 4/13/2006 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy frikkin sheet!!! I LOVE this powder- more than BE Mineral Veil and more than the unbelievably finely milled NYC loose powder. I have a problem with slight creasing around my mouth when I smile too much by the end of the day, but no problem with this at all. It isnt sparkly or shiny, but gives you a very natural mattified sheen- completely different from any powder I have ever tried. The first ingredient is nylon and I imagine thats the magic ingredient giving it the ability to move with your facial expressions but not into lines or off of your face. I have had it on for 5 hours so far and have been out in the humidity and it hasnt migrated into the creases by my nose or into smile lines- I could really do without the fragrance but it doesnt seem to be irritating my super sensitive eyes or make me sneeze, so its definitely worth suffering the weird scent for the half hour before it subsides. I just cant rave enough about this powder!!! I purchased it in Translucent since any powder with color in it makes my undereye concealer turn orange, and while it looks alarmingly whitish/pale at first dust, after blending it in with a dense kabuki brush it just looks great- even in sunlight it looks fabulous!! Its not going to fool anyone into thinking you have perfect skin- what this does for me is make me appear to have a flawless complexion that I chose to enhance with makeup. I love this powder and it is absolutely worth the $10 price tag. I purchased it from drugstore.com and recieved it 2 days later. How did I live 30 years without it???? For reference, I am half Asian/half German, pale with yellow undertones, freckles and medium pores, with oily T-zone and have *always* had problems with needing to touch up oily shine after a minimum of 2 hours of wear. Other posters suggest tossing the puff, but I use it to press the powder into the T-zone and eyelids before blending it with a brush when I'm completely done with everything else. Beneath this fabu powder, I used Pond's Smooth Perfection Perfect Moisturizer (as primer), L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup in N2, and Maybelline NY Instant Age Rewind Undereye Concealer in Light. **None of which have oxidized or turned orange with this powder!! Every product on my face beneath this powder has stayed true to the color it was on my face when first applied!!!!********EDITED 7/13/06- Still loving it, still wish it had no fragrance, but have repurchased already and have no desire to try another loose powder! Also, it is NOT discontinued. It is still featured on the L'Oreal Paris website, and can be confirmed when you dial the 800 number. It is still abundantly available on drugstore.com. Fewer stores carry it now but that is because the focus is on the newer products being released, not a percieved discontinuation of the product itself. L'oreal Airwear is equally hard to find, but it is not discontinued as a product and its still being manufactured, many shops discontinue stocking it so that emphasis is on the newer products. ****

on 10/14/2004 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a talc-free loose powder that I would rec. for anyone w/ dry to very dry skin. This will lay on your skin like a thin silky veil & won't "discolor," (I purchased the "translucent" shade) Would prob. be great for normal/combo skins during the winter season, too.