L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 7/23/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I didn't really like this powder just because it literally makes you sparkle, I thought it was going to give me at least a dewy look because of the "luminous" advertising they give with this product but instead it made me glitter. But it does do a good job mattefying because I have a oily T-zone but you do have to use alot of product to get some coverage which I didn't like because it looked way cakey before I got to some decent coverage. But it smells nice and has a light/not there feeling. But comes off easily and you can see the sparkles on your hand, so I'm probably going to return it.

My favorite powder to date. Great color, sets my makeup without doing that weird coagulating mixture with my foundation or oily skin, doesnt settle into my lines to make my look old and dry, ...what more could I ask for! Pretty solid go to powder.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG. perfect setting powder. No cakiness amd doesnt dull the finish of foundation. Love!

on 12/4/2011 5:31:00 PM

This is my HG loose powder. I have combination skin and when I put on my face sunscreen, whether it's the chemical kind or physical kind, I'm always left with a sheen on my face. This powder takes care of it quite nicely and gives the most natural finish I have seen yet (I use the translucent shade). It comes with vitamin C, but I think that's just a gimmick. I can't imagine how the vitamin C is supposed to interact with the skin in dry form, but maybe I am showing my ignorance. I never use the powder puff included in the package. Instead, I shake some powder onto the lid, tap a large powder kabuki brush onto some powder, and swirl the brush over sections of my face. I still get a slight sheen by the afternoon, but it helps keep the oil in check until then.

on 11/29/2011 3:57:00 AM

This is a product that is new to me. I have seen it on the shelves a thousand times but never even gave it a closer look. I was at Ulta when I finally decided to pick this up and it was mainly because they were having a bogo 50% off on L'Oral, and I needed a loose powder. I like it, it definitely sets my foundation well, has a nice finish (I like a glow) and its relatively inexpensive for how large the container is. I don't think its out of this world awesome, I don't really see a difference between this and other loose powders, but it is quite good. I'm glad I own it and I will keep it around, maybe at some point I will gain more appreciation for it. But at this point I do not see myself re-buying this, I will probably just move on to something else once this is gone and then long for it once its discontinued like I do with everything else.

on 9/7/2011 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am sensitive to fragrance, and this product is highly fragranced. It actually made my skin burn and itch. Back it went.

on 4/24/2011 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product in the translucent shade to mix into my smashbox halo that's too dark for me.
I was looking for something slightly luminous. Halo promised to deliver that and hasn't.
I really really like Translucide. It offers an appropriate amount of luminocity (I really hope that's a word...)- it isn't glittery or shimmery like most cheap luminous powders. I don't look shiny when I use this, but my skin just glows. I have received multiple compliments since I began using it.
It is very finely milled and feels like a much more expensive product. Usually I'm not that thrilled by Lreal in the least- but I'm definitely glad that I gave this a try.
The only downside for me is that it doesn't do a great job of oil control. I have normal skin, but my forehead gets oily because I have heavy bangs. So really- that's not the product's fault, it's probably just me.
I can't vouch for the tinted versions of this because I got translucent- but I'm smitten with this powder.
I've heard that it is very difficult to find these days, so I hope they haven't discontinued it!!

on 1/4/2011 4:34:00 PM

I have been using this as a setting powder for 4 years now. I have this in the translucent color and it is nice. Not chalky. I have strayed to try other brands but I keep coming back to this because I like the finish. I also like the fact that it keeps me matte longer compared to other brands.

I bought this because I was running low on BE Mineral Veil and wanted to see if a less-expensive powder would work in its place.
I also needed to avoid bismuth oxychloride as I think I'm sensitive to it.

The powder works well for setting/finishing with a nice appearance - not too dry or too shiny.
The smell though - I cannot deal with the fragrance. I tried for over a month, hoping I would eventually just get used to it but that's not happening. I'm sensitive to some fragrances and they can be a migraine trigger for me. Unfortunately, this falls into that category.
For those less sensitive, it may be a viable option. Those who have fragrance sensitivities, use with caution.

on 1/25/2010 1:37:00 AM

I used to wear this for years and it was a great setting powder. But then about a year ago a noticed a change in the formula, and it lost its quality. It didn't set well and looked very shiny when applied. I don't buy it anymore because there are many other powders on the market that do a better job and look better for the same price. Another disappointment by L'Oreal.