L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This powder did not work for me. It does not give a flawless finish whatsoever and it's staying power is maybe two hours, tops. I would have returned this if I had not gotten it through ebay, after seeing all the good reviews on it.

I generally use pressed powder instead of loose powder, but decided to give this a try because I have heard many good things about loose powder. You have to apply SO much of this to even get any results, and the container is a tad too deep so when you pour a tiny bit into the lid to dab with the brush, it all gets everywhere and is very messy.

This product never claimed that it mattified the skin, but a lot of people said it would mattify a little bit! I never saw any matte going on! This product does claim to make skin luminous, which is a taddd true. It does have more of a glow-ish effect than other powders but most of that "glow" is because it fades so quickly, leaving the skin oily and shiny. I'm all for a natural glow, but not for oiliness that I'm trying to get rid of by putting this powder on!

I bought this powder mostly for shine control. While it doesn't absorb more oil than the oil-control powders I've used before, it blends in to the skin better and has a very pleasant scent.

on 11/27/2011 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for years, it's so fine and has very fine shimmer, it's perfect for setting my makeup and I can wear it over tinted moisturizer too :) I've re-bought this about 3 times and it's always worked a treat.

Only con is that it's so fine it always makes me sneeze lol.

on 5/20/2010 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only loose powder I can use that doesn't settle into my fine lines that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, i'm 46 years old and love this product. I use a face powder brush and lightly use on my face after using my favorite foundation. I am a light-med skin color and the colors run light so i buy the medium color and it's perfect! U can still purchase this product at drugstore.com

on 1/20/2010 2:41:00 AM

I purchased this product based on the glowing reviews here. Unfortunately, I had to stop using this powder (although I did like its performance) because every single time I would use it I would have to sneeze. Every single time. And a big sneeze, not a little cutesy one. Since I had never had a reaction like that to a powder ever before, I looked it up in the online makeup safety database www.cosmeticsdatabase.com and saw that this product has a very high hazard rating. Although I liked the powder, I decided it simply wasn't safe enough for me to continue to use it.

Just be careful out there ladies--there are safer loose powders on the market than this one! I'd recommend trying some powder other than this one.

on 8/7/2009 1:13:00 PM

This is a great loose powder. It's talc free, yea! Sets foundation beautifully and is finely milled and very silky soft. Doesn't look cakey at all. Great DS find...

on 1/7/2009 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG powder. I loved MAC's loose powder, but when I went through a container of it in less than six months, I realized that it didn't hold very much powder for the price. I only use powder once, in the morning to set my makeup, so I was very disappointed at how quickly I ran out. I tried Translucide because of the MUA reviews and I'm definitely impressed. This powder imparts a sheer luminosity that makes your skin look radiant and pretty. Also, this powder is half the price of MAC's and contains almost twice as much product. I was using MAC's NC 20 and I bought the Light in Translucide and the color match is good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loooooove this loose powder. It controls my shiny forehead and nose. It doesn't look cakey or powdery when I apply it after my foundation, or even during touch ups. It actually makes my skin glowy and luminescent. I get a little sad when I'm opening it up for a touch up and powder blows around, but I'm careful because this is a powder to go through anything for.

on 6/5/2008 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is an excellent loose powder. I have this in the light, medium and deep shades. The powder is so sheer that I can use the light and medium inter-changeably without a noticeable difference on my winter skin. I use the medium as a finishing powder when I want my natural skin colour to shine through, and deep whenever I need to match up my much paler face to the rest of my body (especially since I've paled considerably since using Retin-A and hydroquinone).

The texture is lovely - very fine and soft. There are super, superfine micro-glitter in the powder, but the specks aren't discernible once applied. I avoid anything shimmery or glittery like the plague, but I don't notice the micro-particles at all on my skin and I suppose this is what helps lift the powder from appearing completely flat. I like my skin to not look dry or made-up and I like that when I use this, my skin doesn't look like I've powdered it at all. I think this is comparable to most high-end powders. The packaging could be improved as it's too bulky and messy to carry around. If you take this anywhere, powder will end up everywhere once you unscrew the cap so don't completely peel off the plastic cover over the holes. I don't use the accompanying puff as this is better applied with a brush. This would be great if they also made it in a pressed version.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe L'oreal doesn't do good foundation and powder. This loose powder is not as great as it claims in reviews nor is it the most fantastic / value for money powder.

Coverage is very minimal and tone too yellow based. Despite the range of colours, I personally find it very hard to find a suitable colour. Chose light beige but unlike most loose powder and to my complete dismay, it makes me look sullen and yellowish!

Moreover this isn't exactly a cheap drugstore brand. $25.90 from Watsons. Packaging is ok but the powder puff is silly as I had to dig my fingers in to get the puff out. Would not repurchase or consider anything from this particular L'oreal range. continued >>