L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 3/26/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Vial smell, I can't stand the smell. esp. b/c i use makeup that are frangrance-free! this is going to take getting use to, it smells like an old lady!!!! Ugh, I'm thinking of just returning this b/c of the awful stench.

on 12/20/2009 11:11:00 AM

Agh! What happened? I used to buy this all the time, but I haven't bought it lately. I went ahead and picked some up at Walgreens, because I was hoping it would perk up my winter dull skin. In the past, I could count on this product to give me an almost magically gorgeous luminous sheen that looked really good and warmed my skin up. They must have changed the formula, though, because this time around, it made me look like I had an ashen mask-face -- NO luminosity AT ALL and bizarrely, even though I bought Medium -- no color at all!! Honestly, I would be better off putting baby powder on my face. A miss! I gave it two lippies because it does soak up oil and stays on forever. It might be OK for very pale gals with oily skin.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

amazing to set foundation and even to use as a oil-control powder. the packaging is messy though so i dont recommend you carrying it. great stuff though, and it's cheap!

on 4/20/2009 11:20:00 PM

Great product - much less expensive than my Laura Mercier loose powder and very similar. I'm pretty fair and the Translucent has a very light, fine texture. Will definitely re-purchase.

on 1/21/2007 11:42:00 AM

I use this as a finishing powder to lock in my liquid foundation. I have pretty dry skin, so usually using any powder makes me look cakey but not this stuff! I shake a *tiny* bit into the lid, swirl my powder brush in it, dab off the excess on my hand and then apply in big downward strokes. Even the tiniest amount works well for me. I've had this stuff for like a year and even with daily use, the jar is still half full. The only thing I didn't like is the sifter top, it makes for a pretty messy application so I took it off. I also threw out the puff that comes with it. It applies much better with a good brush.

on 7/5/2006 3:21:00 PM

I'm not impressed with this one. I bought it in translucent. It's definitely that. It looks like nothing on. I can't even tell I've powdered after applying. It has Nylon-12 in it instead of talc. It may be good as a finishing powder over foundation. I don't like it worn alone. I like a matte, powder finish from a loose powder. This doesn't do that. Also, I don't think it has any oil absorbing capability at all. It didn't make my face matte at all right after applied. Definitely not for me.

on 5/26/2006 5:45:00 PM

I have always despised any kind of powders in general, and i still do, but this is one of my all time favorite products, regardless of category, period! Nothing controls oil or sets and keeps make up in place like this, and nothing looks as natural and un-powdery as this. I am a make up artist and have plenty of experience with products. I have one in each of the four shades(although every shade allows for a lot of wiggle room on different skin tones) and it is the only setting powder i use on clients, models, and myself. The ingredients in this product are different from typical talc based powders and those waterbased cooling illuminating powders from Prescriptives and Awake. It isn't a rice or corn starch based powder either. I can't find any powder w/ similar ingredients, and i've looked. This is truly a singular product and one i can't live without.

on 2/4/2006 3:16:00 PM

Love this stuff! I have really light skin so the translucent shade works perfect for me and it doesn't change color while I'm wearing it. It does a great job of keeping my really oily skin from getting shiny. I have to reapply about half way through the day, but other than that it's perfect. Like other people have said, it's a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but it lasts a long time and does the job so well it's worth it.

on 12/20/2005 9:05:00 AM

This is an ok loose powder. Keeps the shine away quite effectively. Feels comfortable on the skin.

on 10/4/2004 4:22:00 PM

I was shopping for a cheap loose powder to hold me over until I could get somewhere to buy a department store brand. So there I was at Target picking up every loose powder they had and this caught my eye. Originally I only bought this because it was the only loose powder they had that didn't have talc as the first ingredient or in it at all for that matter.
I am satisfied with this though. You get a good amount of product. It applies well with a brush or a puff. I have this in light, but it doesn't add any color to my face at all. I think it does a great job at setting makeup, but I don't use it for touch ups. Unless I find a different loose powder that has super great qualities, I think I may just stick with this.
EDIT: I recently switched concealer and when I try and set it with this it turns orange. It is probably just the concealer, but I am switching to the translucent shade to see if it is just a reaction between the two or not. continued >>