L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Other
L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 12/20/2009 11:11:00 AM

Agh! What happened? I used to buy this all the time, but I haven't bought it lately. I went ahead and picked some up at Walgreens, because I was hoping it would perk up my winter dull skin. In the past, I could count on this product to give me an almost magically gorgeous luminous sheen that looked really good and warmed my skin up. They must have changed the formula, though, because this time around, it made me look like I had an ashen mask-face -- NO luminosity AT ALL and bizarrely, even though I bought Medium -- no color at all!! Honestly, I would be better off putting baby powder on my face. A miss! I gave it two lippies because it does soak up oil and stays on forever. It might be OK for very pale gals with oily skin.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

amazing to set foundation and even to use as a oil-control powder. the packaging is messy though so i dont recommend you carrying it. great stuff though, and it's cheap!

A true drugstore gem, though not always carried by all stores, I contacted L'oreal and it is NOT being discontinued, thank goodness. I use this in the Translucent shade, which suits me fine whether or not I self-tan or not. It goes on almost invisible, and finishes my makeup like a soft-focus lens. Dreamy. Doesn't feel like I have powder on, even if I was heavy-handed with application. Like the screw-on type top, so there isn't a powder explosion in my makeup bag. It does have a sweet scent, but it immediately goes away after I apply, don't mind it at all. No breakouts! Wish I discovered this sooner, I've been using almost a year, and it's almost empty. It's a pain to find, so next time I find it, I am gonna buy 2!

on 8/27/2006 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

My HG loose powder ^^.I picked it up a few years ago at my local drug store for $10. I love it's non-drying but still control oil really well. I look poreless for hours with this on. 1 big jar last me forever...only thing I don't like is the smell...it smells bitter after hours when it's blended with my natural oil...yuck...xD

on 7/5/2006 3:21:00 PM

I'm not impressed with this one. I bought it in translucent. It's definitely that. It looks like nothing on. I can't even tell I've powdered after applying. It has Nylon-12 in it instead of talc. It may be good as a finishing powder over foundation. I don't like it worn alone. I like a matte, powder finish from a loose powder. This doesn't do that. Also, I don't think it has any oil absorbing capability at all. It didn't make my face matte at all right after applied. Definitely not for me.

on 11/28/2005 1:23:00 AM

This is a great loose powder which is talc free, and with vit c, suitable for those who want something for everyday use. It is silky fine, and gives a sheer coverage, don't expect it to cover anything, but it will even skintone. This is matte and has a glow, no visible shimmer. 1 lipstick down b/c it doesn't control much oil,so those with oily skin, or want gd coverage for a loose powder, u may not like this.

on 7/30/2005 9:11:00 AM

I'm wowed by this stuff. I eyed it everytime I went to Target but kept putting off buying it. I finally did yesterday. I got it in Light, and I couldn't be happier. It gives this unholy perfect look to my face--not fakey looking, but just a 'best skin day ever' look. There's no crazy shimmer or anything, just a healthy, non-shiny glow. I looked brighter and healthier and didn't get oily skin at all. Amazing product. Not leaving the house without it again. ;-)

on 3/26/2005 6:42:00 AM

Translucide is surely the best low-end loose powder on the market. I've been using high-end powders (Dior, Laura Mercier, etc..) for years but I think this one even surpasses them. It has light-reflecting properties that aren't obvious on the skin's surface, unlike some other luminiscent powders. Very finely milled and the Translucent shade is perfect for me. Great value for money (AU$28) and I will repurchase this for many years to come. Please don't ever discontinue it, L'Oreal!

on 4/28/2004 1:13:00 PM

This is my favorite powder. I have this in Translucent. It is a matte, finely milled powder. I just bought my third one. This is very good quality, especially for this price.

on 2/6/2004 1:23:00 PM

At first I really didn't like this powder. It just didn't seem to do much-especially not make me look luminous (or translucide), as its name suggests. But after wearing my normal powder for a few days (Alma pressed powder), and then switching back to this one, I realized that it does let your skin shine through more than other powders. Nothing extraordinary, but a nice, not-too-made-up looking powder.