L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 9/7/2011 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am sensitive to fragrance, and this product is highly fragranced. It actually made my skin burn and itch. Back it went.

on 1/20/2010 2:41:00 AM

I purchased this product based on the glowing reviews here. Unfortunately, I had to stop using this powder (although I did like its performance) because every single time I would use it I would have to sneeze. Every single time. And a big sneeze, not a little cutesy one. Since I had never had a reaction like that to a powder ever before, I looked it up in the online makeup safety database www.cosmeticsdatabase.com and saw that this product has a very high hazard rating. Although I liked the powder, I decided it simply wasn't safe enough for me to continue to use it.

Just be careful out there ladies--there are safer loose powders on the market than this one! I'd recommend trying some powder other than this one.

on 5/21/2008 6:22:00 PM

i bought this based on the reviews here but its rubbish,. seriously. highlights all my flaws and the packaging is a pain in the ass.. the stuff flies everywhere.

plus the colour seems to change my foundation colour, i just wanted a setting powder.

poo product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe L'oreal doesn't do good foundation and powder. This loose powder is not as great as it claims in reviews nor is it the most fantastic / value for money powder.

Coverage is very minimal and tone too yellow based. Despite the range of colours, I personally find it very hard to find a suitable colour. Chose light beige but unlike most loose powder and to my complete dismay, it makes me look sullen and yellowish!

Moreover this isn't exactly a cheap drugstore brand. $25.90 from Watsons. Packaging is ok but the powder puff is silly as I had to dig my fingers in to get the puff out. Would not repurchase or consider anything from this particular L'oreal range. continued >>

on 5/5/2006 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like the color and the coverage was alright but it made me breakout like crazy. And it turns orange after wearing it for awhile. I was using neutrogena's loose powder but I can't find it anymore. I have oily skin and have to use a powder to set my foundation.

I bought this powder at Ulta on sale in 'Light' and I'm not impressed. As other posters mentioned, this powder makes a MESS. I won't buy this again.

I would give this one a 0 for 0range and 0verpriced. I purchased the lightest shade, Pale or whatever, and it was WAY orange. I can't imagine anyone looking natural in that color, unless you had a fake tanning accident. Besides that, it seemed to not last the day. (Which is odd, since I've had no trouble with the translucent one, it seems to last better... go figure.) And what's up with the $11 price tag?

Bought this expecting a "dewy glow"--made my pores look gigantic, turned orange and made me break out horribly. Be warned!!

on 7/23/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I didn't really like this powder just because it literally makes you sparkle, I thought it was going to give me at least a dewy look because of the "luminous" advertising they give with this product but instead it made me glitter. But it does do a good job mattefying because I have a oily T-zone but you do have to use alot of product to get some coverage which I didn't like because it looked way cakey before I got to some decent coverage. But it smells nice and has a light/not there feeling. But comes off easily and you can see the sparkles on your hand, so I'm probably going to return it.

on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This powder did not work for me. It does not give a flawless finish whatsoever and it's staying power is maybe two hours, tops. I would have returned this if I had not gotten it through ebay, after seeing all the good reviews on it.

I generally use pressed powder instead of loose powder, but decided to give this a try because I have heard many good things about loose powder. You have to apply SO much of this to even get any results, and the container is a tad too deep so when you pour a tiny bit into the lid to dab with the brush, it all gets everywhere and is very messy.

This product never claimed that it mattified the skin, but a lot of people said it would mattify a little bit! I never saw any matte going on! This product does claim to make skin luminous, which is a taddd true. It does have more of a glow-ish effect than other powders but most of that "glow" is because it fades so quickly, leaving the skin oily and shiny. I'm all for a natural glow, but not for oiliness that I'm trying to get rid of by putting this powder on!