L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! I used it a few years ago and forgot how wonderful it made my skin look! It is a bit pricey for a drug store powder, but please know this is an absolute good powder (and I have oily skin)!

It's soft, smooth, and has a silky feel after putting it on. It does not break me out whatsoever. It has a very very light "luminous" sheen (but NO glitter and doesn't make you "shiney"). Its just simply nice, and has a nice color as I use light since I use facial bronzer but the color light or translucent both work great!

This is my HG powder!!

My favorite powder to date. Great color, sets my makeup without doing that weird coagulating mixture with my foundation or oily skin, doesnt settle into my lines to make my look old and dry, ...what more could I ask for! Pretty solid go to powder.

on 8/6/2012 9:15:00 AM

Amazeballs. Will not cake. Glowy. Does not cause blocked pores. Best ever. Better than high end. Hope they keep forever.

on 12/4/2011 5:31:00 PM

This is my HG loose powder. I have combination skin and when I put on my face sunscreen, whether it's the chemical kind or physical kind, I'm always left with a sheen on my face. This powder takes care of it quite nicely and gives the most natural finish I have seen yet (I use the translucent shade). It comes with vitamin C, but I think that's just a gimmick. I can't imagine how the vitamin C is supposed to interact with the skin in dry form, but maybe I am showing my ignorance. I never use the powder puff included in the package. Instead, I shake some powder onto the lid, tap a large powder kabuki brush onto some powder, and swirl the brush over sections of my face. I still get a slight sheen by the afternoon, but it helps keep the oil in check until then.

on 1/4/2011 4:34:00 PM

I have been using this as a setting powder for 4 years now. I have this in the translucent color and it is nice. Not chalky. I have strayed to try other brands but I keep coming back to this because I like the finish. I also like the fact that it keeps me matte longer compared to other brands.

I bought this because I was running low on BE Mineral Veil and wanted to see if a less-expensive powder would work in its place.
I also needed to avoid bismuth oxychloride as I think I'm sensitive to it.

The powder works well for setting/finishing with a nice appearance - not too dry or too shiny.
The smell though - I cannot deal with the fragrance. I tried for over a month, hoping I would eventually just get used to it but that's not happening. I'm sensitive to some fragrances and they can be a migraine trigger for me. Unfortunately, this falls into that category.
For those less sensitive, it may be a viable option. Those who have fragrance sensitivities, use with caution.

on 11/21/2009 12:46:00 AM

All I can say is I felt as if I was throwing glitter all over my face. Ick. I had such high hopes for this

on 11/20/2009 9:29:00 PM

I started using this about a 2 weeks ago.. I really love it! I was surprised, I hate everything, lol. My skin is so ridiculously sensitive, I can barely use anything. Most of the loose powders I have tried that are allergen friendly, are talc based, which we all know is a great way to age your face :|

This stuff seems to meld with skin, yet float over it at the same time. It has not clogged my pores, given me rash, or invaded Iraq. It's my new HG powder.

The only reason I denied it a lippie is the paraben preservatives and the random glitters. The parabens are bad news (blah blah, I know). The glitter just irks me a bit. It would look so flawlessly real if it weren't for the glitter specks randomly spread 2-3 inches apart. =\ What are they going for with that anyway?

At any rate, I love the look it gives and I will be buying it in the future.

on 1/7/2009 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG powder. I loved MAC's loose powder, but when I went through a container of it in less than six months, I realized that it didn't hold very much powder for the price. I only use powder once, in the morning to set my makeup, so I was very disappointed at how quickly I ran out. I tried Translucide because of the MUA reviews and I'm definitely impressed. This powder imparts a sheer luminosity that makes your skin look radiant and pretty. Also, this powder is half the price of MAC's and contains almost twice as much product. I was using MAC's NC 20 and I bought the Light in Translucide and the color match is good.

on 3/8/2008 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for the past 3 years and I love it! I am very very oily, and this controls it somewhat. I dont think its possible for me to ever control all my oil, so I am quite satisfied with this product. I mix the light and medium shade together to get my perfect blend. It does have a little sparkle close up, but not noticeable, especially as the day goes on. You can put double/triple layers of this on, and it looks finsished! When I have a big pimple, this is good to build it on the pimple and give it some extra coverage. Definitely repurchse!