L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

NYLON-12 • PTFE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE • MAGNESIUM STEARATE • CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE • BORON NITRIDE • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL / HUILE MINERALE • LAUROYL LYSINE • ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • SILICA • BENZYL SALICYLATE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • COUMARIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • ISOEUGENOL • EUGENOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • CITRONELLOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES • CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE • CI 77000 / ALUMINUM POWDER • CI 75470 / CARMINE]

on 8/20/2013 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product!
In fact I even prefer it over Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinsh setting powder. I don't know what's on the ingredient list but whatever it is, it works like a charm! I'm oily and especially during these sporadic waves of humidity I can become very oily but this powder keeps my oilies at bay for at least 5-6 hours before I have to touch up again. It's great for setting under eye concealer without the area looking cakey. 100% recommend this product!

on 7/23/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I didn't really like this powder just because it literally makes you sparkle, I thought it was going to give me at least a dewy look because of the "luminous" advertising they give with this product but instead it made me glitter. But it does do a good job mattefying because I have a oily T-zone but you do have to use alot of product to get some coverage which I didn't like because it looked way cakey before I got to some decent coverage. But it smells nice and has a light/not there feeling. But comes off easily and you can see the sparkles on your hand, so I'm probably going to return it.

on 1/15/2013 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This powder did not work for me. It does not give a flawless finish whatsoever and it's staying power is maybe two hours, tops. I would have returned this if I had not gotten it through ebay, after seeing all the good reviews on it.

I generally use pressed powder instead of loose powder, but decided to give this a try because I have heard many good things about loose powder. You have to apply SO much of this to even get any results, and the container is a tad too deep so when you pour a tiny bit into the lid to dab with the brush, it all gets everywhere and is very messy.

This product never claimed that it mattified the skin, but a lot of people said it would mattify a little bit! I never saw any matte going on! This product does claim to make skin luminous, which is a taddd true. It does have more of a glow-ish effect than other powders but most of that "glow" is because it fades so quickly, leaving the skin oily and shiny. I'm all for a natural glow, but not for oiliness that I'm trying to get rid of by putting this powder on!

on 10/16/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I bought this in light translucent. Overall, I didn't see anything special about it. My light beige shade actually makes my pores larger, and makes my face look oilier. My face looked like another layer of beige being piled over my foundation. I'd rather have a powder that doesn't have this kind of layering effect. Based on the excellent reviews I've read, I think this product is made for women with normal skin or older women who want a slight radiance. For people with oily skin, there are more flattering powders out there.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

HG. perfect setting powder. No cakiness amd doesnt dull the finish of foundation. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is a good powder given it's cheap cost (about $42 NZD). I use it over my Dior Capture Totale liquid foundation. It mattifies shine and I have no need to touch up during the day. There are two colours available in New Zealand, light and medium. I use it in light...It is slightly peachy, no shimmer, just pure powder. I have acne prone but also dry skin...This did tend to accentuate my dry patches but not as much as other powders (er erm Smashbox Halo or Dior capture totale powder!) This was a basic, cheap but good product, but I have found my HG powder foundation that provides coverage and mattification in priori minerals. Whereas this did not provide big enough coverage so I had to use it over liquid foundation

on 3/7/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the only powders that I actually like! I have dry, sensitive skin and this powder sets my foundation without accentuating my dry spots. I apply it with my Ecotools bronzer brush and it looks flawless (I currently use translucent but am eager to try the light one!). Like other reviewers have said, it does have a strong perfumey smell, but it doesn't linger.

I bought this powder mostly for shine control. While it doesn't absorb more oil than the oil-control powders I've used before, it blends in to the skin better and has a very pleasant scent.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder is my favorite powder right now. I wear shade Deep & I love how it matches my skin tone. I know everybody's going to be like 'what?' but I actually wanted it because it's shimmery I like body glitter & sparkly makeup. I have oily skin, so I mostly wear this alone. Like I said, shade Deep matches & I notice the redness in my face doesn't look so bad. This powder is lightweight & doesn't look caked on like a lot of other powders do if you have oily skin due to oxidation. After I prime my face, I apply with a simply kabuki brush to cut the shine on my face. As much as I like this, I don't think I'd buy another one because it's too expensive to be a drugstore/non-luxury product.

on 4/24/2011 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product in the translucent shade to mix into my smashbox halo that's too dark for me.
I was looking for something slightly luminous. Halo promised to deliver that and hasn't.
I really really like Translucide. It offers an appropriate amount of luminocity (I really hope that's a word...)- it isn't glittery or shimmery like most cheap luminous powders. I don't look shiny when I use this, but my skin just glows. I have received multiple compliments since I began using it.
It is very finely milled and feels like a much more expensive product. Usually I'm not that thrilled by Lreal in the least- but I'm definitely glad that I gave this a try.
The only downside for me is that it doesn't do a great job of oil control. I have normal skin, but my forehead gets oily because I have heavy bangs. So really- that's not the product's fault, it's probably just me.
I can't vouch for the tinted versions of this because I got translucent- but I'm smitten with this powder.
I've heard that it is very difficult to find these days, so I hope they haven't discontinued it!!