Oscar Blandi Balsamo di Jasmine Smoothing Shampoo

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I received a two week sample of this, not including the conditioner or oil so I cant comment on how they all work together.
I used this consistently until it was empty and was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would weigh down my hair (wavy, color treated, long, layered) because it is a smoothing shampoo and in my past experience this usually left me with heavy greasy hair that simply hung but with this it was shiny soft and actually bouncy! Again though I dont know how it would work with all 3 products.
The shampoo is milky and medium consistency and it took more than my usual shampoo to get a good lather but then once it did, it lathered well. I would say it's a strong tuberose scent that fades within 2 hours on my hair.
I used it with swiss o par argan oil hair mask (hard to get in US, so check out sally's for something similar) and bumble and bumble hairdresser's oil.

Oscar Blandi's Jasmine smoothing shampoo and conditioner are wonderful products which I have used for about two years. Before that, I used multiple products in the expensive Kerastase line to achieve a similar smooth, silky finish for my fine, dry hair. Now I only use these two. That's all that's necessary. A very big savings for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample and love it. It makes my hair smell good and does help with the frizz! GREAT! Will buy in the future! <3

Oh how do I love thee! I am a S&C junkie, always looking for my next fix on a new brand. I received this and the conditioner for Christmas and JOY TO THE WORLD! It is thick like yogurt and has a shampooy scent, don't be fooled by the Jasmine in the name, it doesn't smell like an old lady or anything. This rich and creamy shampoo cleans and moisturizers my color treated hair like a dream and leaves it smooth and shiny. This may sound weird, but I also noticed my scalp looked extra clean and sparkly after using this...even my DH (who is a hippie long hair ha ha) loves to use this on his long locks. It is his favorite and I agree!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bleh - This did NOT work at ALL for my hair. It did help with the blow out process (i.e., it straightened well), but after it and the matching conditioner, my hair felt hard and dried out. It felt disgusting - like a Brillo pad, no joke. Both are going back to ULTA tomorrow!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have thick, naturally wavy hair that is prone to frizzy's and flyaways. I have never found a shampoo that actually gets rid of my frizzies no matter what it claims...and this one wasn't any different. After I dry my hair it's a hot mess of poofy volume and waves, but that's with every shampoo/conditioner I've ever tried so I wasn't really expecting miracles from this one. With that said I still liked the shampoo. It has a light refreshing scent, and my hair was super soft and shiney after blow drying. I'd buy this product again.

This is without a doubt THE best shampoo I've ever used. I have long, blonde, highlighted hair and as the years have passed (I'm in my 50's), it's become drier and frizzier with a lot of flyaways. I had seriously considered cutting my hair short before I found this product. No more dryness and frizzies! My hair is smooth, sleek, and shiny and in the best condition of my life. I can't believe it! The only drawback is that I'm not awfully fond of the jasmine scent, but it doesn't last very long. Yes, it's more expensive than the shampoos I previously used, but the results make it well worth it. The only way this product could be better would be if they came out with an unscented version.

I have tried almost all of the shampoo & conditioner combos at Sephora and to be honest, this was not the worst I tried. The smell is terribly bad, it almost smells like a pesticide rather then a shampoo. Lather was ok at best and my hair was not shiney or soft after using it. I would say save your money and buy something cheaper because this is 100% not worth the money. Read my other reviews for Oscar Blandi stuff as I have used almost all of them.

I have dry, damaged. very fine.. long hair

and i bought this and the conditoner together sold as a pack on sephora..

This is very different kind of shampoo...different consistency..wonderful, smell ! A jasmine smell...its very pleasant ! i love it ! The best smelling shampoo I have ever used.. not a cheap or offensive smell either.. a rich sweet very very nice smell !

Its not a heavy shampoo..the consistency is a fine almost cream kind of consistancy...somewhat opaque and somewhat translucent..kinda milky in a way..think of lubriderm lotion consistency thickness is how this shampoo is ..

very light,. so us fine haired ladies don't have to worry about this weighing our hair down or making it look greasy !!!!

It seems to contain a lot of oils in it..so it isnt going to strip your hair at all...now, this is the tricky part it didnt hydrate my hair that well..but also keep in mind that i have damaged hair form coloring highlighting and flat ironing and blow drying !!

so its suppose to 'smooth' hair and thats what it did.. i havent used many other smoothing shampoos so i dont have much to compare this to...but Katie Holmes used Oscar Blandi and she has wonderful, shiney natural looking hair that looks always clean..

will buy agian !

Note.. this is a great product for people who dont have damaged hair.. if u have damaged hair.. better top use a more heavier smoothing shampoo

Hair type: Thick, slightly wavy, dry, colour treated, yet sometimes limp.

I always have issues with frizz, dullness and flyaways. Some days, I feel like scalping myself!
I bought this as a set with the conditioner and protein restyling mist from Sephora, as I was due to travel and was growing tired of the limp, flyaway mess that my hair had become (I had been using the Frederic Fekkai Glossing line religiously). I figured I'd try it out, as I like the smell of jasmine.
I'm seriously happy I bought this. I've never been so pleased by any product(s) before. I used to say this about Fekkai, but I really mean it! First of all, this, in conjunction with the conditioner, restored a healthy sheen to my hair. It performed well in a humid environment, because no longer was I dealing with my usual puffy, frizzy look due to moisture in the air. My hair looked sleek, but not in a greased down sort of way. My hair had a nice body to it-- the weight it has feels as it did when I was a young'in, before I molested my hair with chemicals and rubbish.
My SO, who has fine, limp hair used this and it left a nice body in his hair. He usually deals with products weighing down his hair, as well as buildup. This seemed to adequately wash out all buildup, left his hair looking healthy and manageable, and left a healthy shine behind (he used this in conjunction with the conditioner, as well).
I highly recommend this shampoo, and the rest of the Jasmine products to those dealing with the hair issues I deal with. Yes, it's a bit pricy, but I find it to be better than any of the salon brands out there. It's a bit more difficult to obtain, but worth it, to me.

Popular Shampoos