Clinique Color Surge in Daybreak

Clinique Color Surge in Daybreak
Left: Mac Hey, Middle: UD Virgin, Right: Clinique

4.6

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, sorbitan sesquioleate, nylon-12, aluminum myristate, potassium palmitate, tin oxide, alumina, silica, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [/- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) [] ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), carmine (ci 75470)]

on 1/10/2017 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a shimmery champagne gold color. I've used it for under the eyebrows to highlight, but it also works well as an all over lid color. For reference, I'm NC 20 (warm, neutral and fair) with dark brown eyes.

It's creamy, with minimal kick up of product, or fall out. Blends very well. Wears well even without a primer.

It's a great product but the reason I would not repurchase is the price (it's $33 AUD). From my limited collection of e/s, it's similar to Mac's Hey, but Hey is a slightly darker gold. UD's Virgin is more pink in comparison. I have a swatch seen in the above pics - to the left is Mac's Hey, middle is UD's Virgin and to the right (towards the knuckle) is Daybreak (I used a brush to swatch/blend, no primer).

Also I've had this product for 10years now and the formula hasn't changed, it's still just as nice to use as the day I bought it.

on 5/12/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I ran out of this shade a couple years ago, and I've been meaning to repurchase but the price makes me hesitate a little (I got it as a sample the first time). However, this is one of the most gorgeous highlighting shades ever. I used to use it just all over the lid with a black gel liner and the shadow just made me look so bright and awake. The staying power and pigmentation were fantastic. I miss having this shade in my collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Beautiful, shimmery champagne with a hint of glowing gold. The formula lasts well without primer, and will stay put for hours with primer. The eye shadow has a nice texture that doesn't kick up dust or have fallout. This is a versatile color that works as either a highlighter or all over the eyelid. Makes the gold tones in my brown eyes really pop.

on 3/28/2015 5:55:00 PM

This shadow stays well with out primer. It may look orange-ish in the pan. But it is not. I would so go to a store and do the free makeover. Ask them to use this color and then make up your mind for your self with out spending lots of money on a color that may be a maybe. So be smart and have a chick day out! Enjoy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolutely gorgeous champagne shimmer, and my favourite use of it actually isn't as an eyeshadow but as a cheekbone highlight. They could seriously just increase the pan size and sell it as that! Will definitely repurchase it if I ever run out, it's beautiful!!

on 2/4/2014 11:08:00 AM

A beautiful soft beige/gold shimmer eyeshadow, fab for highlighting & brightening the entire eyelid. A staple of any make up bag- great colour for hazel eyes too.

Super shimmer, indeed. But it works well for just under the eyebrows, so I give it high marks.

on 3/23/2013 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I had been on the hunt for the perfect highlight color. When I found this I stopped looking. When I put this on it seems like it is same color as my skin with a beautiful, fine shimmer. I LOVE it! I can't help myself. I just really enjoy a shimmery pearly highlight on me. Sometimes I apply this all over the lid up to my brow bone and then a dark color in the crease. Love the packaging also. Although it does tend to get smudged, it looks lovely. So glad I found this. HG status for me. Wouldn't want to ever be without it.

on 3/22/2013 2:22:00 AM

Daybreak totally deserves its high ratings. It works well with a variety of different shades and gives a natural look. Very pigmented -- isn't chalky white, unlike a lot of other highlighters.

perfect all over the lid collor, and looks nice paired up with any colour.