Stila Smudge Pot in Cobalt

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tried this cream eyeliner about 7 years ago. Don't know if it's been reformulated. Not crazy about this product @ all. If left unopened while using it...it dries out awfully fast. If anyone is looking for a GREAT cream eyeliner...try the one by ELF!! Make sure to use it w/the ELF Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush. This product goes on smoothly & lasts quite a while. Can't go wrong for $3!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like cobalt eyeliner since it is not as boring as black or brown. But you have to get up really close to see that it is cobalt. Unfortunately the lasting power is just not there. I will not repurchase.

Initially I was impressed with this product, but within a month it dried up and became unusable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I never thought that a royal blue liner would look good on me. From a distance, you almost can't even tell that this is blue, it looks almost black. I like that it's unexpected and fun but doesn't look over the top. I usually wear this with a nude lid or with a medium brown which turns it more navy and looks very nice. This lasts all day, even on my super oily lids and it doesn't fade or flake at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this from MECCA store in town & I love it to bits. It doesn't sting my eyelids (I have rather sensitive lids) and last a long time.

Must be quick to use as it does dry quick, which mean you also gotta make sure the lid is on properly when finished otherwise you have dried up eyeliner (a little bit of water may resurrect it if you're lucky).

However, the price was a little ridiculous as well for the packaging. Why aren't there smaller sizes? I paid $42AU for mine & it saved me like $4 from eBay/other sites but seriously? Smaller packaging would be better for someone like me who doesn't use make up every day/night.

So I was really excited to try this gorgeous color-it was the very shade I had hoped Buxom Bulldog would be. I used UDPP underneath and my Buxom cream shadow brush to apply. Again the color is fabulous but the cream started pilling and flaking on my eyelid within minutes of putting it on. I had no time to change anything before work and really didn't think about it again until about 3 hours later when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked diseased, and no in a cool gothabilly intentional way. I had blue flakes drifting below my eyelid in a triangular arrangement. I was aghast I had been running around looking like this and no one had told me! I need to know I can trust my makeup not to malfunction in this manner. Never again. Shame that because it is a lovely color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is a great color and formulation for someone who is into brights, or just wants a small pop of color.

pros-has amazing glide
- has small silver particles which help capture light
- very bold and pigmented deep blue.
- screw top glass jar
- does not dry out quickly
- is quick drying once its on the skin
- is long lasting
- you get a ton of product

cons-
- large amount of product can dry out without normal usage
- dries quickly on skin, must work fast

I have used this as a base for shadows and its not entirely ideal, but does the job. I adore this for liner and blended out as a shadow itself.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful blue, soft and easy to apply like all the smudge pots...
I use Stila brush # 28 with this to tighline and line upper lash line.

BOY THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT!!!
I love love love it!!!! I hope they never discontinue it.
none of the pics I've seen does justice to the girl.
If you can try it out at a store near your home - apply some on the hand and twist the hand in artificial bright light, or - even better- sunlight. the colour will go from very dark marine blue (which it looks like in the pot when you look down upon it) to an indescribable mid-metallic blue.
It is gorgeous. Stays on well, goes on well. Lovely.

Will I purchase again? HEEEELL, yeah!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own many Smudge Pots:
-the trio of minis in Gray (a true dark grey), Black (true, intense black) and Bronze (a shimmery brown without orangey or red tones)
-Cobalt (a darker blue, not quite navy, with a sheen)
-Cobalt Clutch (a vibrant primary blue with shimmer)
-Jade (a lovely olivey green with a sheen)
I use my Ecotools angled eyeliner brush with these, and they work great.

PROS: Great creamy texture (not too firm or not soft). Very highly pigmented (although Cobalt Clutch and Purple Pumps are less so). Lasts all day without flaking or smudging, even on my lower lash line AND on my waterline! Can be used to make precise lines or can be smudged out when still "wet." Sturdy packaging. Gorgeous colors.
CONS: A bit expensive. More product than you can use before it dries up. (Although none of mine have dried out at all, and I've had the minis for almost a year! Even if I use up only half of the product, it'll have been worth the $20 for this product--you get more product and applications than you would for some $20 eye pencil, and I have yet to find a pencil or any other liner product that I love as much as these, besides MAC Fluidlines!)

Overall, these are HG products for me. (I actually purchased a backup of Cobalt when it was on clearance at SiJCP, because I'd be so upset if it was DC'd!!) I absolutely love the pigmentation, the texture, the lasting power, and the colors. I hope they don't discontinue any of these great colors, and they they do keep adding to the line!