L'Oreal Natural Match haircolor [DISCONTINUED]

TESTS ON ANIMALS.

on 7/9/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I tried out this product this morning and i was greatly disappointed. I tried a light brown colour out to lighten my dark brown hair and it ended up making my hair DARKER. My hair is now black indoors and outside it has a reddish orange tint to it. One thing i do like about this product is the scent. It does not have a harsh scent which is why i was happy with it before seeing final results.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this product is horrible, and ontop of that, l'oreal tests on animals!

on 4/3/2010 7:50:00 AM

Not even close to being as good as Casting or Colorsilk -- why in the world would they even focus their efforts on this very average product? This has been discontinued for a reason! Did not add any color to my hair -- I have medium brown hair and used Dark Brown -- barely covered the few grays I had -- it was like I did not even use haircolor at all. Not worth it, even if you see it on clearance (like I did).

I wish I had taken the reviews here seriously but I decided to use the box I had anyway. Big mistake!!! I bought 5N Medium Brown. On the box it seemed to be a nice light - medium brown, pretty similar to my natural hair color, I just wanted to cover up some grey hair. And now I am a dark chocolate brunette! I never felt so ugly in my life. The color doesn't fit me at all!! :( I am even thinking of taking an apointment with a hair salon to fix this. Huge waste of money and time! I am so mad!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

5 1/2 C (Soft med ash brown) is the shade i used. i hate ppl that review and dont post what color they used:/

anyways, i NEVER dye my hair with ash tones. when i did years and years ago, it pulled green, bad. my ex hair dresser chopped off my hair, which was ombred. i was depressed and looking to go back to my natural dark brown, i was previously at a medium/light golden brown after the cut. i wanted to pull out all golden tones because 2 people told me within 3 months that my hair was dark and red. i hated hearing that even though i always used warm toned hair color, i tried to keep the tones to a minimal.
my mum had this box sitting in her washroom for months, so i took it. i'm VERY pleased with the results. the application was super easy, no dripping and the smell was very bearable, unlike feria. i left it on for about a hf hr. it washes out pretty clean and the conditioner is pretty good. at first i thought i screwed myself and went too dark. once it dried, i realized my hair was very toned down on the golden red tones. i was driving yesterday and the sun was out and i noticed that my hair lacked any gold tones and i could see beige and very cool tones. not an strand of ashy green. what. a. surprise. my hair doesnt seemed damaged and it didn't turn out too dark. but of course l'oreal discontinued this hair color. i'll def look for it at liquidation outlets and what not. i'm very satisfied with the results.

on 3/10/2010 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff was absolutely awful. I bought the Dark Golden Blond, just wanting to add some gold tones to my already blonde hair. Big mistake. For being a dye with no ammonia in it, it sure does smell awful. The conditioner was equally awful, making my hair feel dry and gunky. The results I got were generally unimpressive. It actually came out a nearly reddish color. The color didn't fade immediately, which is usually a good thing. However, since I didn't like the color at all, the fact that it didn't fade was kind of annoying. When it did eventually fade, it faded to this awful yellow color that just looks so awful. The smell of the dye stayed in my hair and is still there, a month after I colored it. When I wash my hair with hot water, the smell is really overwhelming. Overall, I would never recommend this dye to anyone, nor will I ever purchase it again.

on 2/8/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This hair colour loves my hair! I've been using it for about a year now. I alternate between 5N and 5C (My hair pulls red, so the 5c balances it out when I want a richer brown)

The smell is 'nice' for a hair dye ... no ammonia, significantly less chemical smell that other products I've used in the past.

It's easy to use, doesn't drip and I always have my hair dresser compliment my highlights (it seems to take my greys to just the right shade). It will fade after a few days (I usually settle into the colour around day 5 or so) which is where I like it.

My hair has never been healthier and I really have no complaints.

Update: have since moved on.

on 3/8/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I just colored my hair today with the color 3C blackest black. I can't comment yet on longevity but I will update soon.

The dye made my hair soft and smell great prob due to the oil packet you add to he mixture. L'Oreal should do that with all their hair dyes!I was coloring my hair his dark because I had dyed my hair lighter but now I can't afford to keep up the color. This covered all the light spots evenly. I was also glad that this dye didn't have ammonia so it didn't stink at all really.

I didn't know but my friend always uses his brand and she says the lasting power isn't too hot. Maybe because it doesn't have ammonia? But I was glad to hear this because I always thought she got her hair done.

The color came out true to what it says it would. I think I should have picked a lighter color by I'm sure it'll lighten up over the week. I happened to get it on clearance for 4.50 but normally it's around 10.

Definitely give this a try if you're looking to enhance your current or natural color. On the box it definitely does not suggest this to someone who wants to drastically change their hair color.

on 2/5/2010 3:56:00 PM

I tried the L'oreal Natural Match in Dark Golden Blonde last night. I wanted it darker from Medium Blonde. Last time I colored I used Excellence Creme and it left my roots real brassy. I used that to try to correct a Clairol Perfect 10 mess that burned. Never again will I use an all over Clairol product, although I use their root touch up and love it, it blends perfectly. Go figure. Ok getting back to the original subject..the color is ok. It is lighter on the top but I have alot of gray there. The ends are definitly much darker. I dont hate it but wish it wouldnt pull so much red into my hair. Next time just dark blonde I think. The texture however is wonderful, soft and shiny and I have long hair. There was hardly any smell at all since there is no ammonia. The conditioner has a very pleasant smell and I have it on as a super moisturizer all day! We will see how long it lasts. The shampoos that are made for colored hair really do help.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

# 5 1/2 N Natural - Soft Medium Brown: This is the first time I've colored my own hair. I wanted to cover up a recent awful color done by someone recommended to me. My hair was sort of a dark caramel with red tones which I hadn't wanted. I chose the N Natural because I didn't want a drastic change. I will say that the color came out darker than shown on the box, however I'm just thrilled with it. It is vibrant, yet not 'ghoulish' (I have very light skin). The conditioner included is sub-par, so one lippie off for that. My hair feels somewhat silky and there is some shine; it's not dried out. A better quality conditioner would have made a great deal of difference. The coloring mixture was a breeze to use, and the cream consistency didn't drip at all. This color did away with the red tones as well as covered the bit of grey I have. It's a rich brown, and looks very natural. I absolutely cannot tolerate sitting in a chair at the salon for very long at all, so I was very motivated to do coloring myself. I wouldn't hesitate to use this again; in fact, it's exactly what I'll purchase. I highly recommend this, with a comment that the results may be darker than what is shown on the box.