Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.6

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i hv oily skin this prosuct give me 100 % result no oil on face used a twice a week feeling good excellent result

on 10/26/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product doesn't give me outstanding or noticeable results like it says on the packaging. I bought it after I saw many people's review saying they saw obvious results from the first use.
I don't know if I'm mixing it wrong or something. I use 1 part clay powder to 1 part apple cider vinegar as recommended but the mixture still comes out as a clumpy texture. I use a plastic bowl and plastic mixing tool set that other reviewers suggested to buy with it because using metal destroys the properties in the clay (or something along those lines).
I keep it on for 15-20 mins and while it's drying I do feel that tingling, tightening sensation which makes me feel like, oh shit! the clay mask is working and actually doing something for my face, but after I've washed it off with warm water I feel like my face looks exactly the same as before I used it. I have an oily t-zone but my face is also quite dry. I don't know if the clay clears my pores or anything, my face is still just as oily, yet super dry the next day. I moisturise with an oil free product after each use. My face does feel super soft for a bit though!
I bought this product a couple months ago this year and I've been using it regularly once a week. I use it religiously just because I paid a lot for it and don't want to let it go to waste. The Indian Aztec Clay & the pure Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar came to quite a bit of ££'s you know.
After this finishes I will be looking for another clay that might be more helpful for my skin.

on 10/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

You know, I think this is about the best beauty purchase I've made in a very long time (and the most cost-effective :P). I had seen many beauty bloggers raving about Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay for years, but I was finally done in when I came across it on an article about skin products everyone in their late twenties "needs" (not that this is by ANY means only for people in their late twenties, anyone can benefit from a deep pore cleanse). I put this into my Amazon shopping cart, and it was all history from there.

Wow. What a gem. The product itself is a gray powder that comes in a massive jar. For 1lb of product (which is a TON), I paid about $16 CAD. You have the option of either mixing the powder (which is all natural calcium bentonite clay. Simple as that) with either water or apple cider vinegar. I've only used it with ACV, as I've heard it creates a much better consistency than water...Not to mention ACV in itself has tons of skin benefits (aids in cell turnover, balances pH levels, kills bacteria etc). There are no specific measurements. Just use enough clay and ACV to create a thick paste. WARNING: Do not use a metal utensil to mix this, as the clay is charged and the metal interferes. I just use a wooden spoon.

Anyhow, after creating your mix (a messy, but worthwhile process), apply it to clean, damp skin. The jar suggests a 5-15 minute time-frame, and I find that 10 minutes works best for me. Just be careful and listen to your skin (be extra cautious if your skin is sensitive). This is NOT a mask you want to keep on any longer than suggested, as it can dry out and irritate the skin, which has happened to me.

However, when used correctly, this little guy is a lifesaver. It hardens on the face and you can literally feel it pulsating and "sucking" the gunk out of your pores. The first time I used this I literally could not believe how smooth and clean my face felt. You really don't realize how much dirt, sweat, makeup and general gunk are clogging your face until you clear it all out. And what's more? This will literally pull "hidden" pimples to the surface. So don't be surprised if you break out after using this for a few days, it's just all the gunk rising to the surface and being expelled, to reveal clear, healthy skin. Even my pesky nose blackheads had surfaced!

I had gotten to a point that my skin was so congested and clogged that I felt like my skincare products weren't even sinking in. They just sat on my face! Even regular exfoliation was't working, but this came through like a charm. After a treatment, your skin will literally drink up whatever products you apply afterwards. It's kind of amazing actually.

Anyhow, long story short, this is a Godsend and I will never be without it again. I don't use it all the time (and I would NOT suggest using it more than once per week), but when my skin feels clogged and congested, this is a miracle. The results are both instantaneous and cumulative overtime. I want to give a jar of this to everyone I know for Christmas. That's how strongly I feel about it. Funny isn't it? With the plethora of overpriced products that claim to reverse aging, revert your skin to an almost newborn state, and repair your credit, it's often the most simple, natural, and cheap products that work best.

5/5 and then some.

BTW- The only downside to speak of is how hard to come by this product seems to be. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and have never seen it in stores, so I have to order online. I'm not sure if it's even really sold in stores anywhere.....But truth me, it's well worth the wait to order online if you have to. If you struggle with clogged pores or just want a good old detoxifying face treatment, you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting this.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.

on 1/31/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

An intense mud mask. This gets top results for a low price for me: smoother skin, tighter pores, and a general sense of cleaning. Follow it up with a 10 minute hydration mask like Dr. Roth and you'll a nice at home facial.

Especially great after a late night out.

on 1/4/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best product that I have ever used for my oily, acne-prone skin. I have been using it for a couple of years now and it never disappoints. I used to have extremely bad acne and this is the one product that helped turn my skin around. I love that it detoxifies my skin and unclogs my pores. It's also completely natural and inexpensive. It is very similar to the GlamGlow clearing mask but better in my opinion. Whenever my skin starts to break out even a little I immediately reach for this and do a mask. It clears my skin almost instantly.

on 10/16/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay this is absolutely amazing, ive been using this for a month and my skin was clear within days. My skin right now is completely clear and skin tone is very even. Honestly i think anybody with mild to moderate acne should try this i feel like its a miracle and it also prevents new spots from forming. Highly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally found this cheap from a big health food store a few towns over. It is my cure all. If could afford to take the food grade I would too. But I use a small scoop to get it out and keep braggs ACV on deck for best use. Ive realized its best to use on hair as clarifier if its really diluted because I can rinse out more easily. Otherwise, its great for swollen ankles, rashes, mosquito bites, combo skin on face and yadda yadda. I'm close to running out and running out the door for a re-up. This is one of my staple products. Only thing that is comparable for my hair is Terresentials...

on 4/20/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have just started using this and I have to say that this product feels amazing! I recommend anyone to purchase as it is affordable and feels phenomenal after I rinse it off. I usually take it off during a hot shower, and then put a moisturizer (I use coconut oil as my moisturizer) as my skin feels quite dry afterwards. I usually keep it on my face (I mix it with ACV) for 15 minutes to up to even an hour for 2-3 times a week.

10 minutes into it and I feel a tightening, tingling sensation just like the package emphasized. I think this would be a great product for acne prone skin or even if your skin is neutral, because you definitely feel your pores getting unclogged and all the gunk getting removed. My skin has been breaking out for the past 1 or 2 months (eeekkkkk) and I've been using this, along with my natural routine of african black soap and coconut oil OR honey with ACV and coconut oil (in that order) for the past few weeks and I have to say I'm in looove! I do have a few scars and I can say that either my other skincare methods, this product - or both, have lightened them and are now on their way to be completely unrecognizable. I feel ultra positive about this product and I would most likely buy this again as it lasts for a loong time.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have acne prone, combination skin with occasional cystic acne and acne scarring... Whew! I'm a mess. Needless to say, I've been in desperate search of something to help me battle my skin woes. I've used this product twice on a once per week basis... Though, I'll likely increase it to twice a week based off the reviews. The pulsation is REAL! I can't say that it totally cleaned out my pores after use because there was still gunk left behind after having it on for 30-45 min. HOWEVER, the existing acne has been drying out quite a bit, mostly all of them have been brought to a head. I will start using it as a spot treatment on the other blemishes as some of the other reviewers have to see how that goes. There will be some redness afterwards, I'm medium brown complected with red undertones and I could definitely see the redness, it does fade quickly. Also an added bonus that I did not know this mask would help with is the fading of dark spots. I intend to purchase an aloe Vera plant to assist with this issue as well though. Removing this mask is truly a chore and can be a bit painful. I haven't perfected a routine nor a method of removal just yet. I absolutely think for the price that this is worth trying. I will update my review again in a few weeks.