Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/3/2017 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Got this a few months ago in Toronto after watching and reading tons of reviews. The first time i tried it i only used water and the clay to make my mask and it turned into a lumpy paste. It was very okay to say the least. The next time i mixed it with apple cider vingear?! It was amd has been amazing! It pulls everything out the skin and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh. I leave it on at least 15-20 mins and prefer it to get hard. One of the best masks i have ever used. Great price and tons of product.

on 11/24/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this product! I use it for face masks as well as hair treatments when mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. It's so inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend!

on 11/19/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing product, so far!

A little about me, I've had acne, pimples and spots since puberty and very oily skin. I've been on many types of medicated face washes, creams, antibiotics, and even Roaccutane. I have also tried many many natural remedies with no success only Roaccutane worked for a little while. Which I found amazing, it got rid of my oily skin, which it turn got rid of the spots. Unfortunately when I finished the course the oil came back and then so did the spots. :-(.

After reading many many reviews on here I have decided to try Bentonite clay masks with apple cider vinegar. I purchased the clay from eBay 250g for £2.75 (free postage). I tried the first one on Sunday, I use a plastic bowl and plastic brush (hair dying kit) to mix and apply. Which I apply in two thin coates. The mask really smells and makes my eyes water and I get the tingling and pulsating sensation (people have mentioned) apply on my face, neck and chest. I manned up, a little discomfort will not kill me, lol. Current skin condition is oily and I have small spots all over my face and a few deep and painful spots.

The mask dries very well and tight, someone mentioned the fish lips lol, which I definitely get. I kept it on for 30 to 40 minutes, I wash off by wettig the mask then rubbing off in circular motions to exfoliate. My skin is very red afterwards.

I then pat my face dry and I think it is very important to use a good and heavy moisturiser as this mask is very drying (even) for my oily skin. The following day I had really soft and smooth skin despite the spots I currently have and no oil! :-).

Overall I have done the mask twice in one week. It's too soon to say weather it's helping the spots but my oil and spots dried up for a day and skin felt amazing. I will be buying when I run out, if you have similar skin to mine (oily and spot prone) you should try it. Xx

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a really nice product to have around the house. It's a beauty item, but also should be part of your first aid arsenal. We use this on bug bites, or any other skin irritation. I use it with Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and it works wonders. The clay alone has no scent, but with the Braggs it just smells like vinegar. It doesn't leave any lingering smell. I don't use it on my entire face because my skin is combination and could dry out your dry areas too much, but it makes a great spot treatment for acne or any blemishes. Its great for removing blackheads from the nose area or chin you can feel it tightening and pulling out the impurities when you apply it. I once had a painful ingrown hair near my bikini area and after 2 applications of this bentonite clay it went down and was no longer an issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have acne prone sensitive skin that is dry in some places & oily in others. I was somewhat apprehensive to try this clay because of the reviews citing the drying, pulsing & tightening effects that some reviewers felt. However overall the reviews were so positive & the product so cheap I decided to give it a try with a twist tailored to my skin issues. I used the clay but added 100% aloe vera juice & Bragg's ACV in a ratio of 1:3, 5 drops of tea tree oil, & 1/4 of an avocado. I left this on for abt 30 mins. With this mixture I avoided the pulsating & drying effects of the clay. When I removed the mask my skin was glowing with no redness or irritation. After removal I put a blend of rice bran & jojoba oils on my skin.

Next I'll try adding eggs whites as well. There are many other clay recipes tailored to specific skin types online. HTH.

on 3/29/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my HG face mask. I have used others that are quite nice....but they don't even compare. I mostly use it with water, but when possible I use it with organic apple cider as the directions state. I love the way it makes my face pulsate and I can literally see my pores shinking. The price is awesome....I have been on the same jar for about 4-5 years. You can get it at natural health food stores. Btw, I have flawless skin.....in large part due to this product.

on 6/4/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best mask Ive ever used. I mix this mask with ACV and apply before bed. Afterwards I apply oil to my skin.

I have dermatits, oily, dehydrated skin. I also have large pores around my cheek area. I receive a compliment everytime I apply this mask. My pores are tight and my skin is bright.

Edit: In response to a couple of questions...I mix the clay with a generic brand of ACV. It makes the mixture a little foamy when you mix it. The mixture will be creamy when you apply it to your face.

When you wash off your mask, soak your washcloth in some warm water and apply it to your face to soften up the mask. I do this several times, before I start wiping the mask off.

on 11/20/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!! My face feels like I'm an newborn baby. My co-workers has not stopped paying me compliments today about how my skin is glowing. I can't wait to see if it really helps my acne breakouts. So far so good!!!!!!!!111

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

OK. I have used this product and I have a review. Being a self proclaimed skincare nut, I could not resist trying this product after all of the rave reviews. I purchased at Whole Foods for 7.50. Great price! I have mostly oil, but sometimes dry, acne prone, somewhat sensitive skin. I used to use and loved Clearasil TotalControl Clay mask. Sadly it was discountinued. I have searched high and low for a replacement for years. QH Mint Julep mask comes close. So given the rave reviews of the Aztec Healing Clay, I had to try.

I just used the product so my review is very preliminary. I may have applied to thick as it took a long time for it to all finally dry. I kept waiting for that PULSATING feeling everyone's reviews referenced. Finally after like 10 minutes, the PULSATING starting. Oh yea, now we're cooking. The mask draws very tight. I guess that's the magic of the clay sucking out the impurities. I did equal parts mask, ACv, water mix. I might reduce the ACV a little as I tend to be dry in the evenings after I wash my face.

Given all of the reviews on this product, I;m surprised no one mentioned that when this stuff dries, you look like a creature from the Green Lagoon (or maybe its just me:-)). When I went the bathroom to remove, I was shocked at the thick, green, cracked reflection in the mirror. ANyhoo, washing this stuf off is tough. You def need a combination of a warm wash cloth and splashes of water to loosen everything.

Much to my surprose, I was pretty red after removing. Yes, a few reviews said that but my complexion is pretty dark so I felt I was above the redneess:-). But no, I am pretty darn red right now.

I will do an update after I have more time to judge the results...but for now, the mask seems as potent as my old clay mask that was discountinued.

All in all, this seems like a solid clay mask and a GREAT value at 7.50 a pop.

UPDATE: OH NO! I think i'm having an adverse reaction to this!!!! I have quite a few pimples near my upper lip, cheek area, and one above my eyebrow. They all seem like the superficial type that go away overnight or in a day or two. i hope this is the case. I am so vain and will just DIE if these pimple dont go away. Maybe I left on too long and maybe i should have used less or no vinegar...maybe just water. If these pimples fade quickly, i might try again - but adjust the portions. I dont want t o be the lone dissatisfied MA Member :-(

UPDATE UPDATE: AS I SUSPECTED, THE PIMPLES WERE THE SUPERFICIAL TYPE THAT FADED IN A DAY OR TWO. BUT I'M STILL NOT SURE THIS MASK IS BEST FOR ME. VERY FEW THINGS MAKE ME BREAK OUT SO I'M REALLY SURPRISED WITH THIS. I MIGHT TRY AGAIN BUT JUST MAKE SURE I MIX WITH SOOTHING, LESS HARSH/ STRONG BASE (NO VINEGAR!!!). I FOUND A FRENCH GREEN CLAY MASK (SOLD AT WHOLE FOODS) THAT'S SIMILAR TO THIS THAT I HAD REALLY GOOD SUCCESS WITH. I MIGHT JUST STICK WITH THAT. BUT I REALLY WANT THE AZTEC MASK TO WORK...SO WE'LL SEE.
continued >>