Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/3/2017 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Got this a few months ago in Toronto after watching and reading tons of reviews. The first time i tried it i only used water and the clay to make my mask and it turned into a lumpy paste. It was very okay to say the least. The next time i mixed it with apple cider vingear?! It was amd has been amazing! It pulls everything out the skin and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh. I leave it on at least 15-20 mins and prefer it to get hard. One of the best masks i have ever used. Great price and tons of product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've only used it a couple times so far, but I LOVE this stuff! I mix it with the apple cider vinegar, both bought at Whole Foods Market. I have acne-prone skin and I can tell a difference in pimple size after using this mask. It's worth the try.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This healing clay is better than going to the spa and paying a ridiculous amount of money when you can do it yourself and use better product like this stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is amazing ! I seen a vast improvement after just one use. I use a plastic bowl and spoon to mix it (metal should be avoided). You a spoon to scoop out because if you try to pour it out it will spill everywhere. I mix mine with Bragg's ACV but if it feels too strong just use water. Sometimes I add tumeric powder just a pinch which helps to lighten dark marks and remove facial hair. I leave the mask on for 30 mins and you can literally feel it pulling out the toxins. If you have dry skin follow up with a moisturizer it can be a bit drying and use only once per week. If you have fair skin follow up with a toner to remove any tint or residue left. The clay will last you close to forever and works the best to clear my skin next to a large water intake. I purchased it at a natural market in my neighborhood but Whole Foods and Iherb have it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I ordered this product from Amazon because I had read a few reviews online and I watched some YouTube reviews. At first I was skeptical because the price was cheap and I figured, you get what you pay for. Now that I've been using it 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks, I'M IN LOVE... I have oily skin and dark scars (I'm a picker) and at first it seemed like my face was oilier but now I'm noticing my skin isn't as oily as it typically has been for years. Also, my scars seem to be fading. I'm having to use less foundation and conceiler and my daily makeup routine is starting to take less time. I usually mix 1 tbsp Clay Mask with 1 1/2 tbsp ACV (apple cider vinegar) in a small mixing bowl with a plastic spoon. I use extra ACV so it won't be so thick (the thicker it is, the harder it is to take off) Then I use a foundation brush to apply it to my face and set the timer on my phone for 30 min. After about 7 min I can feel the pulsating. When the timer goes off, I take a warm wet washcloth to dampen the dry clay. Then I use my Clairsonic face brush to gently wash the mask off... After my face drys, I apply a water based moisturizer and #BangBang I'm done... This product is one that I will use for the rest of my life. With that being said, GOTTA GO DO MY MASK BEFORE I FORGET...

on 3/11/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Has helped my skin so much and you can really feel it pulsating.

on 11/24/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this product! I use it for face masks as well as hair treatments when mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. It's so inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!! To give you some background, I've struggled with acne my entire life. BCPs cleared up most of it, but after my 25th birthday, my skin started freaking out again. I had small red bumps on my jawline and my PMS breakouts were worse. I've tried pretty much everything from prescriptions to drugstore products. I finally tried this and the results have been amazing! I just take one spoonful of the mask and mix it with half a spoonful of unfiltered ACV.
Some things to keep in mind:
- This mask brings everything to the surface! The first two times I used it, I broke out a little bit, but the pimples healed in half the time. If you have pimples that are already forming, this mask will bring them to the surface. Do not stop using it!
- Use this before bedtime because your face will be very red after you rinse it off. Put on a nice thick moisturizer after you rinse it off!
- I use this twice a week and my acne has cleared up completely, even my dark spots and old scars.
- It is great for oily skin! My skin doesn't get as greasy during the day.

Give it a try!

on 12/24/2013 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Im going to make this review as concise as possible. Let me give you some background on my skin. My skin is acne prone. I have visible pores on my cheeks and nose, so of course i have an oily t-zone and my pores clog easily. My chin area tends to be very dry. The other areas of my face is normal. So overall i have combination skin.

I purchased this product at my local Whole Foods Market for $8.56 total. It comes in a one pound tub. Ive used it for almost 2 months (about 12 facials) and ive only used about 1/8 of the tub. I use it once a week by mixing 1 1/2 teaspoon with equal parts Braggs Organic ACV in a bowl until it forms a thick, creamy consistency (like yogurt). After its prepared i spread it on my cleansed and towel dried face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin the instructions suggest 5-10 minutes only.

The very first time i used it i experienced a tingling and pulsating sensation. It was very intense and itchy. After youve used it 2 or 3 times, it doesnt feel that way on your skin. It only gets itchy for me now after it becomes really dry and flaky (after about 25 mins). But its not that bad. It dries very hard and it adheres to your skin tightly. You want to make sure your face is very moist with water before you try to rub it off.

I rinse it off with luke warm water using only my hands, until all of it is gone. Using your hands. will leave a thin film on your face but it comes off once you cleanse your face. When i first used it, i noticed a lot of white heads sitting on the surface of my skin. I was grossed out and amazed at the same time. It really does its job of deep cleansing and removing impurities. I waited a few minutes and then i mixed sime baking soda with my normal cleanser and lightly scrubbed the whiteheads out of my face. Note, your skin will be very dry! So make sure you moisturize with a thick moisturizer. If you have open pores like me, and youre afraid that a thick/creamy moisturizer will break you out, you would want to tone and close your pores with Rose Water or Witch Hazel before moisturizing.

The first week that i started using this mask, I used it on alternating days. Then i noticed it was drying my skin out bad and i switched to using it once a week. Be advised, this mask will seem to make your acne worse. In my opinion its a part of the deep cleaning process. It brings all the dirt to the surface. So have patience, its doing its job!

I love this mask so much because its cheap, long lasting and natural. Plus it actually does what it promises. Ive used it for two months and i dont break out as much and my skin isnt as oily as it used to be. I recommend it to all my family and friends and i will buy it over and over. Nothing else that Ive tried compares!

on 11/19/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing product, so far!

A little about me, I've had acne, pimples and spots since puberty and very oily skin. I've been on many types of medicated face washes, creams, antibiotics, and even Roaccutane. I have also tried many many natural remedies with no success only Roaccutane worked for a little while. Which I found amazing, it got rid of my oily skin, which it turn got rid of the spots. Unfortunately when I finished the course the oil came back and then so did the spots. :-(.

After reading many many reviews on here I have decided to try Bentonite clay masks with apple cider vinegar. I purchased the clay from eBay 250g for £2.75 (free postage). I tried the first one on Sunday, I use a plastic bowl and plastic brush (hair dying kit) to mix and apply. Which I apply in two thin coates. The mask really smells and makes my eyes water and I get the tingling and pulsating sensation (people have mentioned) apply on my face, neck and chest. I manned up, a little discomfort will not kill me, lol. Current skin condition is oily and I have small spots all over my face and a few deep and painful spots.

The mask dries very well and tight, someone mentioned the fish lips lol, which I definitely get. I kept it on for 30 to 40 minutes, I wash off by wettig the mask then rubbing off in circular motions to exfoliate. My skin is very red afterwards.

I then pat my face dry and I think it is very important to use a good and heavy moisturiser as this mask is very drying (even) for my oily skin. The following day I had really soft and smooth skin despite the spots I currently have and no oil! :-).

Overall I have done the mask twice in one week. It's too soon to say weather it's helping the spots but my oil and spots dried up for a day and skin felt amazing. I will be buying when I run out, if you have similar skin to mine (oily and spot prone) you should try it. Xx