Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.6

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Most effective mask tried so far. This works wonder on the acne. I'm having adult acne all of a sudden and nothing is working. I tried numerous product but everyday I'm seeing 1-2 new pimples. This mask is only thing which is helping to drying out the active pimples. I've used it with water but will use it with ACV. My skin is normal to mildly dry. I cannot keep it more than 10mins. I'm applying it 2-3 day/ week. After that I'm applying my toner,serum and night cream as usual. I'll repurchase it again.

on 11/12/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My one holy grail beauty product. I am blessed to have good skin. I have never broken out and my complexion is even. Seldom has a beauty product impressed me because they never seem to make a difference. This is one of two or three beauty products that I have ever used that impressed me. I've been using it for 8 or so years and without fail it delivers results. Ideally I would use this mask 1- 2 times per month. When I slack on using it I can tell that my skin is just missing that tightness and glow. After using the mask, it's like I had a miracle facial. My skin just feels good. Before using the mask I rinse and scrub. I mix the mask with full apple cider vinegar and leave it on until completely dry (~20 minutes). Then I pick off any of the chunks so they don't clog my drain and rinse the remainder off in the shower. A little toner and some face oil and my skin is perfection.

Bonus - this stuff is ridiculously cheap and last forever. I think I had the small-sized container for 2 years before running out. I

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This mask a little bit drying for my face, so after use aztec mask i use mask sheet pearl or snail essence and in the morning my face look great, my face look glowing not dry or red, firm and smooth. But it didnt bring deep cyst acne to surface,,,

After countinously using this mask i see improvement in my pores, no more whitehead and blackhead.

on 7/1/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this mask as a replacement for evanhealy's Green Tea Clay mask and it failed. First of all, the packaging is not very convenient, but most powdered masks are packaged in jars, except this big, bulky, plastic jar is not easy on the eyes like others. Second and most important, this clay is just a nightmare to prepare. I took about a teaspoon in the palm of my hand and added an equal amount of water to it. As I mixed, I noticed it began to clump up and ball into small dry clay bits so I added more water and it just became more and more clumpy but water-y. It was a mess and impossible to apply to my face. So I removed it with tissue and threw in the trashcan, as I read a reviewer mention it can clog pipes.
After using EH's Green Tea mask this not only pales in comparison, but fails to an ultimate low. I've never tried a powdered mask like this one. It was rather strange when it clumped up and became hard to dissolve for a creamy paste application.
So I would not recommend this mask.

Update: I've changed my rating for this mask because I now use it only with Apple Cider Vinegar and it works fantastic. I think the label states you can use it with water, but I do not think that's optimal as it clumps and does not spread easily. The ACV gives it a bit of an expanding, foamy action and the clay becomes easier to apply on face. Of course, like any clay, this can be a bit drying therefore, it is important to moisturize afterwards. I will use it more often when temps are higher, in the colder months I use Now Foods Moroccan clay. The big container makes this a very good value.

on 5/22/2012 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best mask ever. I only use it on my oily t-zone because I have very dry cheeks. Be careful- this will clog your drains! I live in an apartment on the top floor so washing the mask off in a pail of water to avoid clogging my drains,then running down three sets of stairs with the pail, and then dumping it out in the bushes.....is well, inconvenient for me. Plus, my nosy neighbors are probably wondering what the heck I am doing! So my next best mask is the Queene Helene mint julep mask.

on 11/23/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is the business. Back in the day when I was kid, I found a tub of this in my aunt's bathroom cabinet and surrepticiously gave it a try. The suction was so intense I was like, whoa, that was an experience. Fast foward about 15 years later, and I'm watching this woman on TV get a facial with some kind of vaccuum tool sucking a bunch of pink gunk out of her seemingly clean skin, and I thought, that's what I need, some intense suction, and then I remembered this mask. Had to google a bit ot figure out the name and then immediately went out and bought a tub at Whole Foods.

I initially used water, but switched to apple cider vinegar and I think it works better that way. The only downside to this product, as far as I'm concerned, is that it comes in powder form and is a bit of a hassle and slightly messy to mix up before each use, but I get why that's necessary, as it would otherwise completely dry itself no matter kind of container you put it in. It's also nice to be able to adjust the thickness according to your preferences.

As everyone else has said, the suction is incredibly intense. It's uncomfortable. My nose always start to itch shortly after application, which bugs me to death, but that passes as it dries. Also, I have to stay hidden away in my bedroom with this on because I look absolutely freakish as it dries. I also leave it on for some time--it takes quite a while for it to fully dry and if you put it on really thick it never will (it's sill sucking away though, dry or not). Anyway, I try to give it at least and hour. I usually apply the mask and then do my nails.

I have acne prone skin and use prescription meds to control it, but it does something the meds can't and will absolutely clear up and prevent and beakouts and promote faster healing. I had this awful stubborn breakout after trying some new skincare products--my forehead was absolutely covered with ugly little bumps and few bigger once and after I stopped using the products it would not go away despite my continued use of the the acne meds. Well, I knew this mask would solve the problem, so I resolved to use it nightly for a week or two and sure enough my skin's clearing up nicely. Welcome back attractive forehead. Do I need to say that I love this mask? I'm not always consistent about using it because I'm lazy, but I should be. Once or twice a week is probably ideal.

In summary, it's extremely effective, natural, and inexpensive (a tub lasts forever). Do give it a try.

on 7/24/2011 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My esthetician started using this on me in lieu of the Dermalogica I was using... it worked better and is much cheaper. Mix equal parts of the clay with apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a glass dish with a non-metal spoon (I just use a clean foundation brush). I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil, which takes care of the vinegar odor and adds a soothing quality to the mask. I paint it on with a clean foundation brush and leave on for about 15 minutes. I scrub off with a hot washcloth, then splash with cool water. This clay can clog drains, so I rinse my washcloth in the tub (bigger drain) and wipe out the dish with paper towels, disposing of the extra mix in the trash rather than in the sink. First time I used this, I stayed clear for 2 weeks- not a blemish in sight.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used thisover 6 years now,having oily acne prone skin.It really pulls(pulsate)as it says it will.It does clean your pores like sucking clean and tightens them.However it can be a bit drying in some areas,so just be sure to moisturize afterwards.It's difrent for everyone,maybe for some a t-zone mask would be fine,others may can only handle spot treatments.HTH

on 3/29/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this mask. It can do amazing things, but it can also wreak havoc on your face. I use it mostly as a spot treatment when I have a stubborn zit that won't come to the surface. If I use it as a mask, I notice that it makes me have some breakouts. I would suggest that people take it very slowly with this mask! It is a good value at around $8.00 for a container that will last you the rest of your life. I had a blackhead for months that I would not go away, saw a dermatologist and used prescription medication for and nothing would work. I used this as a spot treatment twice and it finally came to the surface. I was thrilled...Wish I had known about it before I spent 20 bucks on a co-pay and 40 bucks for some Finacea from the Dermatologist. I prefer to use my Proactiv mask for usual mask maintenance but every now and then, this could be a life saver. Tread softly with this one, ladies! PS. I hate how everyone always raves about a product the first time they use it...give it some time to see if it's really all that, people. Just sayin'.

on 10/23/2010 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

A very good cleansing mask. I thought that it wouldnt pulsate, and people were exaggerating in their reviews - but it does! I didnt measure anything - just mixed half vineagar and a bit of water until it had a creamy consistency. The first time I applied, I used lots of it, and it dried very hard and was difficult to remove. The second time, I did a thinner application, it worked just as well, and rinsed off much easier.

I have been a faithful user of Queen Helene Mint Julep and Mud Mask - this will be added to the aresenal too. For those wanting to step up the suckling action, this is your pick. I also like that it will last forever - and you can customize your formulations to add more moisture/cleansing action with different ingredients.