Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product because it was recommended to me by a friend. When I have a breakout, I use this and my pimple eventually dries. This product can dry your face so much so use it with caution. 3/5

lets go back to a year ago. i was breaking out (like crazzy) and nothing helped. my father bought this for me on amazon. first off, its not the most nice thing to put on your face. the consisticy was lumpy and slimy. i put it on my face. left it on for 20 minites. washed it off. the pimple on my forhead (that was super ugly and made me look like a ghouel) was not so red anymore and less puffy. you wanna know something? i was with my bestie when i put this on and we laughed and joked about us being wicked witches of the west. 4 stars for the consisisy. oh, and it got mixed with water.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Live this stuff. It sucks out oils on your face. I suggest keeping it longer than 20mins so maybe 30mins. Then wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then moisturise. Skin feels fresh and renewed. Try it. Def something to try :)

on 8/30/2016 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great CHEAP clay mask for oily skin. I have used this since my teens. It is great to help with blackheads also. In my teens, I used this once a week. I don't use it that often any more. I'm approaching my 30s, and my skin is not as oily as before. If one day my skin feels too oily and looks too clogged, I use this. I never use it if my skin feels dehydrated, as that will only make things worse. Benonite clay has a highly alkaline pH that can be irritating to the skin. It is important to mix it with something that will lower the pH to a more skin-friendly level. You can mix it with ACV or Aloe Vera Juice, depending on your skin's sensitivity. It says on the instructions you can mix it with ACV or water, but don't follow the water advice. Water will not bring down the pH and will leave you with a clumpy mess. Make sure to mix the ACV or Aloe Vera Juice with a non-metal spoon in a non-metal bowl. When taking the mask off, do not rub. That will irritate your skin. Pat and repeatedly throw water onto your skin. It takes a minute, but it will come off.

on 4/27/2016 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly does nothing. It's fun though! No imperfections were reduced whatsoever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Most effective mask tried so far. This works wonder on the acne. I'm having adult acne all of a sudden and nothing is working. I tried numerous product but everyday I'm seeing 1-2 new pimples. This mask is only thing which is helping to drying out the active pimples. I've used it with water but will use it with ACV. My skin is normal to mildly dry. I cannot keep it more than 10mins. I'm applying it 2-3 day/ week. After that I'm applying my toner,serum and night cream as usual. I'll repurchase it again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I recommend using aloe vera gel to mix with this clay if you dont want to use apple cider vinegar. The aloe vera gel also keeps the mixture smooth, unlike with water which doesnt allow it to spread well and turns clumpy. Even though I do not use this mask much anymore (I did this mask once a week), I used to mix it with aloe vera gel, ground oatmeal, and turmeric (these ingredients have lots of benefits such as helping inflammation and scarring, and is overall great for your skin). Also I stopped mixing the clay with apple cider vinegar because it gave me cystic pimples on my chin and also on my nose (which you could barely see, it just felt like I had a bruised nose. I was possibly just purging but I definitely do not have the patience to go through that.) Even though the mask felt really good with my mixture of aloe, oatmeal, and turmeric, it gave me rough patches on each side of my nose which did not go away for a month. I have stopped using the clay mask for my face because it was just too strong and did not really get rid of my blackheads either, just dried me out. I use this clay mostly for spot treatments and armpit detoxes now. (for the armpit detox, i mix this clay with apple cider and apply it to my armpits, this helps pull out all the toxins that are from deodorants. This probably sounds weird but search "armpit detox" on youtube for more info!)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff! It's definitely not for everyone because it is pretty strong (especially when mixed with raw ACV), but if you don't have super sensitive skin, this works super well for clearing everything up! I've been lucky to not have massive breakouts, but have had problems with lots of tiny clogged pores all over my forehead and general oiliness. I started using this with ACV twice a week a few days apart. Once over my entire face, then again in just my t-zone and chin. I leave it on for anywhere from 15-45 minutes. And yes, it will make your skin pretty red. For some people it might get really bad, but after about half an hour my face was back to normal. all in all, It really helped unclog my pores, reduce general oiliness, and smooth out my skin tone and texture.

This is by no means a miracle product, it really does take time. I was using it for nearly two months before I saw a noticeable difference, but given that time it has changed my skin more than any other thing I've tried! I stopped using it for a month or so just to see what would happen, and my face got pretty oily pretty quickly. It's really cheap and lasts forever, so I would give it a try. If you don't like it, I bet you can find a friend or someone who can use it!

on 1/18/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this both with apple cider vinegar and with just water and I can honestly say this doesn't do anything for my skin except make me break out. I understand that it is designed to pull out any dirt that clogs pores but it just leaves me with redness and eventual scars from the newly formed breakouts. My friends rave about this but I will just stick with my Origins Charcoal mask.

I wanted to absolutely rave over this like everyone else that inspired me to purchase, but this can be just as harmful as it is helpful if you don't use it correctly. I have combination, sensitive skin and this really turned me BRIGHT RED. Which I thought to myself, "Okay, lots of blood flow to the face to regenerate cell turn-over and regenerate itself." but it almost irritated my skin. I used it and noticed it surfaced a bunch of under the skin bumps. I was purging out all the gunk, but was also stripping my skin of it's essential oils in the process. Clay is used to absorb excess oils, but can soak up too much if used too often or if the skin is already overly-stripped/sensitive like mine. I used it with raw, ACV and it really aggravated my sensitive areas (chin, around nostril, jawline) causing cystic pimples. I since have been using just warm water to mix and I notice it works way better! I suggest this for even non-sensitive skin types. You'll notice with ACV it bubbles and breaks down the powder to a gritty texture. Where as with water it just mixes and stays muddy and clumpy, but not at all gritty. I feel as though the water method makes it a true to form mud mask. It dries much more clay-like in texture and in my opinion does a better job. I would repurchase for when my skin needs a deep down clean and blood-flow, but this isn't a weekly product for my sensitive, overly- stripped skin. I use it about 2 times a month and leave it on for an hour. I also like to use the clay mixed with my cleanser as an exfoliant on days when my skin is congested and flakey. It's priced very nicely. You get a ton of product for under ten dollars and it lasts forever! Haven't tried it on bug bites or as a hair mask yet, but will in the future.