Filtered by skin tone : Tan age: 30-35

4.2

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Who would have that a very simple clay mask sourced from 'Death Valley' could make such a difference? Twice a week I apply a thick layer of this on my face and wait until it's dried out before splashing with warm water and then removing with a damp wash cloth. Sure, my skin looks slightly irritated for 15 or so minutes but give it a couple of hours (or better still overnight) and my skin is at its very best. I follow with a sleeping mask such as PC Skin Recovery Mask which is ideal as no fragrance in it to irritate and locks in any moisture that's depleted after masking.

I mix with an equal part of ACV and water before applying and leave on for a maximum of 20 minutes. Have also tried with cold brewed green tea instead of ACV/water mixture and liked this equally as much if not more so. Pores are smaller, cleaned out and skin smoother too. Any acne seems to dry up in half the usual time. I would only use this if you're anywhere between normal to oily. Definitely wouldn't suggest for dry skin types unless you add honey to the mix but even then don't leave on for more than 5 minutes.

Also be aware that clay although great for puffiness is generally too drying (if left to dry out) to use around the eye area. If using there be sure to spray with a water mist or spritzer and keep it moist, otherwise if it dries out repeatedly every time you use, this could contribute to dryness and fine lines as skin is very thin around eyes. Had to mention as I've noticed some MUA reviewers are using around eye area and probably unaware.

Can't believe I've only just gotten around to using Aztec Secret clay mask now. I never imagined something so basic (it's literally 100% bentonite clay) could pack such a punch. A new staple in my skincare routine!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference- my skin is normal with an oily T-zone at times. I don't think this mask lived up to the hype or at least up to all the glowing reviews on Amazon. Yes, it makes your skin pulsate, but aside from that it seemed average. It's pretty similar to other masks in terms of soaking up oil and maybe leaving your skin a little smoother afterwards but nothing exceptional. A personal preference- I decided I don't really like mixing with another ingredient (you can either use water or apple cider vinegar according to the package), it's just another step to deal with. I also don't like the smell of this stuff either. I don't need my masks smelling like flowers or anything, but this was a little too earthy and muddy for my liking so it definitely doesn't help the experience. I have a lot of it left and am looking to give it away, not worth it for me to keep.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
I purchased this at Whole Foods and it was inexpensive, under $10 so I imagine it may be even less expensive elsewhere. This is natural. It works great. Super economical because you mix a small amount of the clay with water or apple cider vinegar. It lasts forever, I keep dipping into it, sometimes I even mix up too large of a batch, but my container doesn't seem to dwindle down much. My skin feels amazing after use. I recommend putting a layer across the skin on your face, neck, and maybe upper chest. I love that you can get an effective product at this low price-point. FYI > when it dries it cracks and it is difficult to remove. Use a very wet cloth or maybe wash off in the shower. You'll need to rinse/wipe several times, make sure you get all of it off. You will look "alienish" so warn your household you're doing the mask so you don't startle them.

on 10/26/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I have never used any other acne product that works so quickly, so well, and is so affordable! Anyone who's struggled with acne knows you can spend a ton of money looking for something that works. If you're wondering whether or not to try this-- do yourself a favor and do it! 9 times out of 10 I would say it lives up to the hype. When I first started using this, I used it every night and it worked so quickly to dry up any blemishes and cystic acne I had. I noticed a difference after 1 use! As I continued to use it, my skin improved and I no longer needed to use it everyday. Sometimes when my skin is acting up I apply a thin layer on blemishes and leave on overnight. This leaves your skin soft but make sure to moisturize well as it could be drying. I use it with Braggs Apple cider vinegar and it works great. Someone on the sensitive side might wanna try using it with just water or a little bit of ACV diluted with water. This stuff is definitely worth a try. Whenever I use up the jar (it lasts a long time..I've been using the same har for 6 months and have barely made a dent in it) I will be repurchasing!

on 5/23/2010 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the effects that this mask has on the face. It really feels like it is working because of the tingly feeling and the fact that it really does feel like it is purging/pulling all of the toxins out of your skin like the packaging claims. I always use apple cidar vinegar to mix the powder in with a few drops of tea tree oil to fight breakouts. The mask also feels like it is drying out any current pimples that I have and helping to heal them faster.
The ony downside that I have with this product is that the clay mask really does clog up my drain really bad after a few uses. It took me three bottles of Draino to unclog the drain. Not a good thing because the drain cleaners tend to start eating away at the drains if used too much. So I'll probably have to use this very sparingly, only if the I feel that I really could benefit from using this with the downside.