Filtered by skin tone : Tan

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 3/3/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing product, I use this on my face and my back, I have back acne and over the years it left me with scars. I felt insecure about wearing anything that shows my back and I keep my hair long. I was breaking out badly at one point and had to do something so after hearing reviews I bought this and omg it's a god send. I use this with apple cider vinaged once a week on my face and back. I also use this clay mixed with yoghurt, honey, turmeric and leave it in the fridge and use it every second day on both my face and back for 20 minutes. I think the yoghurt helps clear my scars but now I have no more back acne and no pimples on my face. Now just waiting for my skin to repair itself. I'll have to try it in my hair and see how that goes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow,no words to describe other than it really does the job!My skin feels clean and supple.Ever since i started using this clay mask i don't get breakouts as often as i used to. I strictly use this mask twice a week,and YES IT IS THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL FACIAL MASK! and BTW I use apple cider vinegar to mix the clay;half and half.

on 1/3/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

tldr; no visible changes. No irritation for papulopustular rosacea, even using the apple cider vinegar.

I wanted to like this as it is highly recommended but it didn't really do anything for me. I mixed it according to the instructions with apple cider vinegar and applied as a mask. There was the tightening sensation as it dried. Washing this off was a B*TCH - it was simultaneously flaky and stuck on? I used a wet cloth in the end but it made such a mess that I am happy it didn't clog my drain (I was really worried tbh and you should keep hot water running in your sink while removing).

My skin immediately after felt very clean, in a dry, not pleasant way. My pore size remained unchanged (the most notable effect I've heard of). I think this may be an effective drying mask for those with acne prone skin, but since I don't suffer from that, I'm passing on it. My husband is using it (he has oilier skin than me) but he also doesn't think it's a miracle product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great product and makes loads of face masks for the fraction of the price of a store bought mask. The small tub lasts me about a year and I make face masks about twice a week (max.)

This mask helps to detoxify and clear my skin although I wish it could peel off but can't change what nature made lol

My recipe for a facial mask is
1 tsp clay (draws out toxins and increases blood circulation which helps bring nutrients to the skin)

1 tsp turmeric (to reduce inflammation and redness, too much can leave yellow tinge on skin but will easily come off with a facial wash, best done at night just in case)

3 capsules of charcoal or 1 tsp of charcoal (draws out impurities)

1/4 tsp camu camu powder (highest source of vitamin c in the world) or pinch of vitamin c powder (this helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate skin and increase collagen production)

1 tsp apple cider vinegar (removes dead skin cells and counteracts the alkaline pH of the clay), I often leave this out as the camu camu or vitamin c are acidic and so also balance the alkaline pH of the clay

(1/4 tsp oil, I use coconut oil because this mask can dry your skin out, but any oil or moisturiser you skin likes will work)

1 - 2 tsp water, its better to have a liquid consistency than too thick because a thick mask wont spread over the skin as well and a liquid consistency can get into the pores better and consequently get more out of your pores. If you try a liquid consistency you can see after it has all dried completely there are tiny dark circles on the surface of the mask where your pores are (there are pictures of this on google images as I can't explain it well). Basically these circles are where the clay has absorbed the impurities and excess oil in your pores, and my point is when you use a thick mask you can't see these circles so you won't know if its done. It doesn't mean a thick mask won't draw out impurities but at least with a thin mask you can see when its done.

Make sure the tea spoons aren't heaped and don't use metal utensils (bowl, spoon etc) because the clay can interfere with the metal and reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Your face make look red after using this because the clay increases blood circulation in the face, it will return to normal in about 20 minutes, its better to do this at night rather than wasting time by waiting for your face to return to normal in the morning. This mask is best followed up with a nourishing serum, oil or moisturiser as the clay can dry out skin temporarily.

This mask helps to clear my skin, exfoliate and make my skin look glowy, absolutely love it , you can also use the clay on your hair and there are many recipes out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
I purchased this at Whole Foods and it was inexpensive, under $10 so I imagine it may be even less expensive elsewhere. This is natural. It works great. Super economical because you mix a small amount of the clay with water or apple cider vinegar. It lasts forever, I keep dipping into it, sometimes I even mix up too large of a batch, but my container doesn't seem to dwindle down much. My skin feels amazing after use. I recommend putting a layer across the skin on your face, neck, and maybe upper chest. I love that you can get an effective product at this low price-point. FYI > when it dries it cracks and it is difficult to remove. Use a very wet cloth or maybe wash off in the shower. You'll need to rinse/wipe several times, make sure you get all of it off. You will look "alienish" so warn your household you're doing the mask so you don't startle them.

on 10/26/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I have never used any other acne product that works so quickly, so well, and is so affordable! Anyone who's struggled with acne knows you can spend a ton of money looking for something that works. If you're wondering whether or not to try this-- do yourself a favor and do it! 9 times out of 10 I would say it lives up to the hype. When I first started using this, I used it every night and it worked so quickly to dry up any blemishes and cystic acne I had. I noticed a difference after 1 use! As I continued to use it, my skin improved and I no longer needed to use it everyday. Sometimes when my skin is acting up I apply a thin layer on blemishes and leave on overnight. This leaves your skin soft but make sure to moisturize well as it could be drying. I use it with Braggs Apple cider vinegar and it works great. Someone on the sensitive side might wanna try using it with just water or a little bit of ACV diluted with water. This stuff is definitely worth a try. Whenever I use up the jar (it lasts a long time..I've been using the same har for 6 months and have barely made a dent in it) I will be repurchasing!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OMG !! This is the best mask I have EVER used! I've tried everything, from all of the Origins mask to Glamglow to mint julep from dollar general, also other very prestigious EXPENSIVE brands. This Aztec clay mask is by far the BEST. Well I purchase online from a vitamin store 2lbs for $13 with shipping. (I seen that you can also buy off of eBay) It took maybe about a week and a half to arrive, I was so excited to try. I learned about this mask off of YouTube, not sure who was using it. I mixed it with Braggs acv, & after ONE use I noticed the dark marks on my cheeks were lighter and all my blackheads surfaced. My skin was SUPER dry afterwards of course so I just followed up with some Clinique moisturizer. I'm sooo in love with this stuff. I've never noticed such quick results. I'm going to try to do this mask at least once a week. This mask is definitely worth a try! ----my longest review :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

BEST FACE MASK HANDS DOWN!!! This mask does wonders! You can literally feel the mask pulsating and tightening your skin! I use product once during week and every sunday after a long weekend. This mask keeps my face hydrated and fresh. Skin feels incredibly soft after use and looks detoxified. Great investment!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

HOLY COW. "feel your face pulsate" is RIGHT. you can honestly feel this product working on your face it tingles and pulses and pulls all your imperfections out of your face. This stuff is amazing and pretty cheap definitely something that people need in their bathroom. :)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I was surprised how much I like this. I have dry skin and mixed this with honey and warm water instead of just water (you could also use milk). I made a sticky mess, but the results were nice. I mixed it up in a plastic dish and painted it on with a large makeup brush for added luxury. Since my skin is drier and I live in a dry climate, I think it would have been too drying if I hadn't used the honey, which is a humectant. You could also try mashing this up with an avocado. That will provide nice results as well.