Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.1

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not good not bad

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

on 4/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

This was amazing!!

I mixed it with apple cider. Was a bit tingly but my face is so smooth now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

on 4/23/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this yesterday for the first time. Ordered from Amazon for less than $10 for a 1lb tub. I suspect this will last months which is awesome.
Do not bother following the directions on the tub, it will not work well. It says to mix 1:1 of the clay to water or apple cider vinegar. You really need more acv because this is dry powder dust and if you want a smooth paste you will need more liquid. I put in a bit of water too just to dilute the acv smell.
It also says to apply 1/4-1/2" layer. Don't!! That's such a waste of the product, plus it does not work as it will take like two hours to dry that way. Who has time for that?!

I mixed it according to the directions and left it on for about 35-40 minutes. Did not notice and pulsating and the mask just was not drying but it was cracking and coming off in chunks though still moist. I peeled off big chunks of it, threw them in the trash, and spread the rest on my face somewhat evenly. Since I had it on already for almost an hour I got impatient and dried my face with a blowdryer. My skin was really tight and weird, but still no pulsating.
After washing it off, which took like 5+ minutes, my face was a bit red but that only lasted for about 10 minutes or so. My pores definitely look smaller and face is smoother.
I plan on using it again today, correctly, as I can tell this is a really good product that actually works if used correctly in a thin layer.
No other mask has worked for me and I have tried many.

I don't have skin issues other than large and clogged pores for which this seems to be perfect. Use a moisturized afterwards as it is very drying.

All in all, great, inexpensive product that I look forward to using regularly.

Tip: This is clay, so do not wash it down the drain in clumps as it will clog up everything.

Update: After using it everyday for a few days now I have figured out better ways to mix and apply. I mix only about a teaspoon to two depending on if I'm using it on my whole face or just areas that need it, like nose and cheeks. A very thin layer is all thats necessary otherwise it won't dry for at least 30 minutes but will still crack. The pulsating happens only when it's super dry and tight on ur face, but I never let it get that far bcs it takes sooooo long to dry.
Pores are cleaner but not significantly smaller or super clean. There is still oil that I can see so I should probably just get a good bha for that. I'm taking away a point because I really don't see why the product is so highly rated by everyone other than it is good for the price and amount you get. I will probably still repurchase.

It does purify your face quite well. I can see a difference in the face after using it. The pores are not so clogged, and appear to look lighter in colour. No miracle here, but a very good job. And the price is good too.
The drawback is the necessity of mixing it all yourself, and the strong clay smell. A small amount is enough for the whole face: around 20 ml.

I would never have found this stuff without reading about it on reviews on this site. Then, I looked at Acne.org (where it was reviewed highly) and Amazon (also reviewed highly)---there's a lot of consistency. Plus, I found it on Amazon for less than 10 dollars. For the tub you get, this will last you forever.

It does, after about 10 minutes for me, feel like its "pulsating." It also is extremely tightening---to the point that it is a little bit uncomfortable. The directions say to mix it with apple cider vinegar, which I do and do not find to be irritating (though a bit smelly). Organic, raw apple cider vinegar is best with the "mother" still in it as many reviews mention. I notice some reviews say it works with water as well but I have not tried that. I imagine it may be a bit more challenging to mix, as with the apple cider vinegar---it fizzes and makes it easier. Also, the directions say to keep this away from metals (with mixing or storage). I put it in a little plastic bowl and store with a wooden stick.

I was a bit concerned that it would be too drying based on some of the reviews. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I do sometimes get a bit of dry skin afterwards, but if you follow this up with jojoba oil (see the reviews for that with acne prone skin), you can get great results if you are prone to dry skin. It does lead my skin red as it warns that it might---due to increased circulation---so this is definitely best as a before bed kind of thing. The redness lasts a few hours for me.

This pulls everything to the surface---it's like having ultra powerful biore pore cleansing strips all over your face. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

You wouldn't expect it looking at it, but the Aztec clay is pretty awesome. I have oily, ruddy skin with big pores on my cheeks, nose, and chin - pores so big that applying anything opaque on my face (foundation, concealer, this stuff) will suddenly be dotted with pinprick holes. I have only occasional acne problems though, usually on my jawline where I'm resting my chin in my hands or hormonal breakouts. The big issue with me is redness.

I picked this up at Sprouts for about 9 bucks. Since you're only using a teaspoon of it, it will last years. Be careful when opening it because there is only the plastic lid between you and the powder - there is no cardboard circle like some companies do with moisturisers and stuff. Because my skin is not particularly sensitive, I tried it with apple cider vinegar which makes it smell godawful, but it starts fizzing and bubbling and then turns the clay powder into a sort of mousse-textured paste. This is the best form and I think is the easiest to apply. I use it once every three days. Some people with dry or sensitive skin might want to stick to weekly.

Smear it all over your face in a relatively thin layer because any thick areas take a lot longer to dry. A lot of the time there are patches that have not completely dried after 20-30 minutes on my face, but I wash it off at that time anyway, because much longer and my skin will itch like crazy. The process of it drying and tightening on the skin is what makes it "pulsate" and your skin will very likely be quite red after you take it off, as if you got a sunburn. This fades in about 30 minutes after the first time - my first time using it took 45-60 minutes to fade. I noticed that the skin on my neck really doesn't like the clay, so I try to only apply it to my face and the very edge of my jaw.
To take it off, I like to have a washcloth on hand whether I am in the shower or not and wet the cloth, then press it gently to an area of my face to loosen the stuff that has really dried. The clay will soften and then come off pretty easily on the washcloth. It'll leave a bit of a stain, but it comes out in the washer. I work on one area at a time so that I don't do any damage by scrubbing. Make sure to moisturise afterward no matter what kind of skin you have. I attempted to re-try argan oil as a moisuriser after this and it continued to not work out for me very well, so I just use my regular Clinque gel instead.

What I didn't get: any visible pore gunk pushing to the surface, noticeable pore disappearance, breakouts caused by skin purging, or any scar fading.
What I did get: smooth, soft skin that was notably less red after the "sunburn" faded with maybe a slight shrinking in pores, a good time rocking around my house singing Wild Thing with all the wilds replaced by the word swamp, and it seemed like my foundation (Hourglass Immaculate) went on smoother and easier.

Overall I really like this mask and would repurchase.

This is the best mask I have ever tried and the only one I think is necessary.

My skin fluctuates between being normal and combination. A while back, I had a lot of acne and although the worst is over, I still have some mild scarring and issues with some pores. This stuff sucks everything out! It really is INCREDIBLE!

I have to plan ahead though, since I like to keep it on for at least 30 minutes and I find that it itches like crazy if I move my face in the least. So I only put this when I have time to lie down.

I've tried it with ACV. Works great! It is a little harsh that way though so I would advise people with very sensitive skin to take it off sooner. To remove, I do splash my face with warm water until the mask softens, because once it dries it really has a strong grip on your skin and rubbing it off would cause damage.

Lately, I have been mixing it with yogurt. I actually really prefer it this way. It is still really powerful, but it doesn't itch as much when I have it on and there is something soothing about the yogurt that works well with this. Anyway, you have to try it yourself.

Of course, this will not work for everyone. Chronic acne (which I once had) is often caused by something internal, such as an imbalance in the body (hormonal, bacterial, etc.) which needs to be addressed by a practitioner that has experience with balancing/detoxing the body (chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine, naturopaths, etc.) If the body needs to detox, no cream or mask can stop it from doing so.
But if you have issues with oily skin, clogged pores, blackheads, pimples, you will probably adore this stuff!!!

This clay doesn't smell (it is the ACV that has a really strong smell), it's cheap, it is natural, it lasts forever, you can mix it with different ingredients depending on what your skin needs, and it is one of those rare products that actually does what it claims to do...
PERFECTION!