Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not good not bad

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this on my skin since I was a pre-teen.....and at 37 I still use it once a week. It helps so much with controlling oil, clearing up blemishes, shrinking pores. It saved me as a teenager when I had horrible skin issues. Yes your skin is red for a while after and you need a good moisturizer. Yes it smells funny-it's ACV and clay, so don't expect something that smells like roses. This is a mask, not a facial treatment, so take it for what it is and don't expect it to be like a day at the spa.
I don't think this is for everyone but if you have the skin type it's made for it can be your best friend for skin care.

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

on 9/21/2016 7:02:00 PM

Before purchasing, I read a ton of reviews about the product and people said that their skin "pulsed" as the mask dried on their skin. They said that the pulsing was the skin literally pulling out the impurities within their pores while the clay dried on their face...

I didn't experience that pulsing sensation, but I could feel it drying up and really tightening my skin (much like wearing face paint). This was fun to wear because the mask tightened up so much that it (gently) pulled my lower eyelids down and my face appeared puckered as everything was pulled ...downward. Rinsing this mask off was a relief - my skin bounced right back to its proper place!

Here is a link to my FULL review on this product if you are interested.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this multi-use, clay powder! I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a mask, but this deep-cleaning wonder is perfect for me. Clay masks are for drawing impurities out of the skin and this one does just that and it's 100% clay...unlike most other "clay" masks. It's a simple concept but gives great results. The price is excellent and the product lasts forever. The first few uses may cause a few, scattered zits but those are just from all the embedded crud being brought to the surface. To keep it from being too drying, I use a heavy layer of Josie Maran Argan Oil to replenish moisture immediately after rinsing the clay off. Coconut oil works great too. Using it at bedtime allows for the redness to fade. It is AWESOME (and cheap) as a full body mask too. It deep-cleans my back and chest so I rarely have breakouts in those areas any more and the exfoliation keeps me from getting ingrown hairs when I shave. I could go on-and-on with all the uses for this stuff (clay hot and cold packs for sore muscles, clay hair/scalp mask, clay foot soak...etc.etc.) but you'll find your own if you try it.

on 4/27/2016 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly does nothing. It's fun though! No imperfections were reduced whatsoever.

on 4/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

This was amazing!!

I mixed it with apple cider. Was a bit tingly but my face is so smooth now.

on 2/9/2016 12:12:00 PM

Best mask I have every used. Period. It transforms your skin right before your eyes. Excellent for break outs, large pores, and oil skin. Give this a try you will not be disappointed.

I wanted to absolutely rave over this like everyone else that inspired me to purchase, but this can be just as harmful as it is helpful if you don't use it correctly. I have combination, sensitive skin and this really turned me BRIGHT RED. Which I thought to myself, "Okay, lots of blood flow to the face to regenerate cell turn-over and regenerate itself." but it almost irritated my skin. I used it and noticed it surfaced a bunch of under the skin bumps. I was purging out all the gunk, but was also stripping my skin of it's essential oils in the process. Clay is used to absorb excess oils, but can soak up too much if used too often or if the skin is already overly-stripped/sensitive like mine. I used it with raw, ACV and it really aggravated my sensitive areas (chin, around nostril, jawline) causing cystic pimples. I since have been using just warm water to mix and I notice it works way better! I suggest this for even non-sensitive skin types. You'll notice with ACV it bubbles and breaks down the powder to a gritty texture. Where as with water it just mixes and stays muddy and clumpy, but not at all gritty. I feel as though the water method makes it a true to form mud mask. It dries much more clay-like in texture and in my opinion does a better job. I would repurchase for when my skin needs a deep down clean and blood-flow, but this isn't a weekly product for my sensitive, overly- stripped skin. I use it about 2 times a month and leave it on for an hour. I also like to use the clay mixed with my cleanser as an exfoliant on days when my skin is congested and flakey. It's priced very nicely. You get a ton of product for under ten dollars and it lasts forever! Haven't tried it on bug bites or as a hair mask yet, but will in the future.