Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

on 11/12/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My one holy grail beauty product. I am blessed to have good skin. I have never broken out and my complexion is even. Seldom has a beauty product impressed me because they never seem to make a difference. This is one of two or three beauty products that I have ever used that impressed me. I've been using it for 8 or so years and without fail it delivers results. Ideally I would use this mask 1- 2 times per month. When I slack on using it I can tell that my skin is just missing that tightness and glow. After using the mask, it's like I had a miracle facial. My skin just feels good. Before using the mask I rinse and scrub. I mix the mask with full apple cider vinegar and leave it on until completely dry (~20 minutes). Then I pick off any of the chunks so they don't clog my drain and rinse the remainder off in the shower. A little toner and some face oil and my skin is perfection.

Bonus - this stuff is ridiculously cheap and last forever. I think I had the small-sized container for 2 years before running out. I

on 7/29/2015 10:02:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask and apply it on the regular at least once a week. Put on a favorite show and let it sit usually 30 min, I mix it w milk (lactic acid for exfoliation ) and garlic as well as few drops of fresh lemon juice. Smell doesn't bother me, results are amazing. I usually make a batch of it once a month and freeze it in small bags so that it's not a chore but rather spa like expirience. I think you could come up w infinite recepies but I love this one the best since milk makes it really creamy and lovely to put on. I've tried Bulgarian rose oil and milk too and it's amazing. To note my skin is very acnegenic and this keeps it nice and clear. Five stars all around .

on 9/18/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my old usual mask, Queen Helene Mint Julep. I just don't like using products with added fragrance or color. This fits the bill. Its the same clay you find in almost all commercial clay masks, with the benefit of it not having anything else. I make mine with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and a dollop of honey. I find that the honey keeps it from being to drying, plus honey is a great natural humectant and has anti-bacterial properties.

I leave it on about 20-30 min and then wash off. I find that the best way to get it off is too thoroughly wet the face, let the water soak into the mask and then gently scrub it off the face. You will get the added benefit of exfoliation.

This also works as a hair mask, which I had read about as a way to deep clean the hair and scalp. It really works. Wet you hair, towel blot and mix up a generous amount of mask. my hair is about 3 inches past my shoulder and I used about 1/4 cup of the clay powder added to 1/4 cup mixture of half water/half ACV and a tablespoon of honey. I may also add a little more water as I like this thinner than the mask I make for the skin.

Section off the hair. I make 4 sections. Work the mask into the hair in scalp making sure it is all coated. You can find some youtube videos on how to do this if you look up "clay mask for hair". I then wrap my head up in a plastic bag, and cover with a towel. You don't want this to dry. Leave in about 20-30 min and then rinse thoroughly. I wash it out with Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner. But a conditioner wash with a cheap conditioner like Suave Coconut will work too. Don't use a traditional shampoo, its too drying. I find that I restore my hair softness faster if I do an ACV rinse after washing it, but its not necessary though your hair may feel a little stiff if you don't. Follow with a deep treatment. I like Curl Junkie Curl Fix, and I leave it overnight on the day I do a clay mask. Then next morning I rinse and style as usual. My hair will feel lighter, have a lot of shine and be very clean.

on 5/2/2010 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

If you have issues with black heads, then this product will be a miracle for you! I use it twice a week and, as soon as I wash it off, I see results. The large pores and blackheads that I have always had in my T-Zone are dramatically reduced. I have been using this mask for about 6 months now and have found that twice a week really does the trick for me. I leave it on from 30-40 minutes. The easiest way to remove the mask is to run a cloth under almost hot water, don't wring it out much, get over the sink and just lay the saturated cloth on the mask. Hold it there for about 10 seconds, then repeat one or two more times. By this time, the mask will be soft enough to wipe off.
I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

on 9/8/2008 3:40:00 PM

While this stuff isn't pleasant feeling while on (I only leave on for 10 mins), I feel it's really the only thing that makes a noticeable difference in my skin right when I wash it off. My skin is softer and just cleaner looking. I wouldn't use it more than once- maybe twice per week for fear of making my already dry skin, more dry. You just need to be sure and moisturize afterwards.
I have dry, acne prone skin and I haven't noticed this causing breakouts or anything- but, I haven't used it in a while either and just started it up again last night. Though, I could see it purging your skin a little because of the strength, but I put BP on after I use the mask, then moisturize so that will hopefully curb breakouts.
Oh, and I mix it with mik. I cannot handle the vinegar that that it says to mix with.

Video Reviews & Tutorials