Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.6

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has done wonders for my skin! I use it once a week and it shrinks any existing pimples, prevents breakouts, and cleans out my pores. It leaves my skin feeling clean, which I love in a mask. It also fades my dark acne marks. It won't make them go away after one use, of course but it will help them heal faster. The only problem I have with this mask is that it can be a little painful when it dries. It feels as if it is pulling and tightening my skin. I can stand the feeling but towards the 10 minute mark it can get intense. But, for what it does to my skin I can endure the uncomfortable feeling for 20 minutes. I would recommend this product for people with acne and occasional breakouts, you will see amazing results.

lets go back to a year ago. i was breaking out (like crazzy) and nothing helped. my father bought this for me on amazon. first off, its not the most nice thing to put on your face. the consisticy was lumpy and slimy. i put it on my face. left it on for 20 minites. washed it off. the pimple on my forhead (that was super ugly and made me look like a ghouel) was not so red anymore and less puffy. you wanna know something? i was with my bestie when i put this on and we laughed and joked about us being wicked witches of the west. 4 stars for the consisisy. oh, and it got mixed with water.

on 2/19/2017 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying so many prescription creams etc that didn't work for me I decided to go with a more natural alternative. I bought this after reading rave reviews basically everywhere. I have comedonal acne as in closed comedones, tiny bumps everywhere which are very difficult to get rid of. Many reviewers that had the same problem as me said that this has helped them get rid of it, and i figured it wouldn't hurt to try, but i was wrong.

I've used this quite a lot, I would say more than 15 times. I mix it with organic ACV (with the mother in it) so it turns into a paste like texture, I then leave it on for like 15-20 min, until it dries. The first times I've used this I kinda understood the hype, after washing the mask of, my face was red as a tomato, but after the redness faded my complexion looked so much better, my skin was more even, pores were smaller and I had somewhat of a glow afterwards. But as far as the closed comedones go it was a disappointment, maybe because my expectations were really high, I thought this would help clear them or at least draw them to the surface, but it didn't do any of that. I still kept using it though, maybe once or twice a week, I wanted to give it a fair chance, I thought maybe it requires more frequent uses to make a difference, I mean hundreds of reviews can't be wrong.

During the time I used this the most I noticed I was getting more and more closed comedones, so i started to cut products that I suspected, moisturisers, serums etc. I introduced a lot of new natural products at the same time which in hindsight wasn't the best. I didn't stop with the aztec mask right away, I really thought it couldn't be because of the mask, it was supposed to get rid of the bumps not cause them.

Anyways I stopped using everything basically, only using hemp seed oil as a moisturiser, after a while my closed comedones were slowly but surely getting better, I definitely wasn't getting any more of them. So at this point i decided to reintroduce the mask into my regimen (I still didn't think it could be causing the problems) and after a few days I noticed at least 10 more closed comedones on my chin and jaw area. So I think it is safe to say that this was the culprit. It unfortunately didn't work for me, personally. The cons definitely outweighs the pros, the closed comedones takes forever to go away and nothing seems to work to get rid of them. I gave the rest to my sister, she has a completely different skin type and it seems to work just fine for her. We are all different, just because it works for a lot of people doesn't mean that it will work for all people, unfortunately.

PROS:
inexpensive (5 dollars at iherb)
tightens my pores
brightens and evens out my skin tone
made my skin feel clean and smooth right after
lasts forever (I've used it a bunch of times and its still almost full)

CONS:
caused closed comedones on my skin
difficult to remove
made my skin really red after (fades after 30 min but still)
very drying (moisturising after is a must)
messy and can clog your drain
smells bad (not unbearable but not pleasant)
uncomfortable (pulsating feeling)

In conclusion, if you are prone to closed comedones beware, this might make your skin worse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

on 9/25/2016 6:02:00 PM

This is a MUST! MUST MUST MUST HAVE
I haven't tried so many clay masks because they mostly irritated and dried out my skin but i saw some good comments about this one so i wanted to try! and yaaaas!
My skin?
Dry/combo-sensitive-blackheads-some acne scarring
How I used?
*I mixed the product with a %100 natural apple cider vinegar,I put two spoonful of each product and mix them in a non-metal holder with a spoon.
*Next I apply it evenly, i prefer to use a foundation brush because its less messy
*You should wait for 5 min if u have sensitive skin / 15-20 for normal skin. i waited like 10 min
*Wash it off with warm water. And voilaa
After you remove the mask you will get some redness and nervousness in your skin but it gets better in 20 min.
*After mask i applied a skin oil (kiehls midnight recovery one) and a moisturizer(cetaphil)
I kept using the mask twice in a week for a month now
Results?
*My skin is brighter and smoother and definitely i got less blackheads and breakouts. I donno how but this thing has done quite a good job. I will continue using it
PROS:
Affordable
Can be used for multiple things(blackhead,acne, dull skin, scarring etc)
Large amount of product
All natural just clay
Not weird ingredients
Most importantly it actually WORKS!

CONS:
A bit painful while removing
Dries out the skin a bit(definitely use a moisturizer afterwards)
All in all,highly recommended. Because it's pretty cheap even if you are not gonna satisfy, there will be no problem at all!

I really love this mask for both its efficacy and price point. For starters my skin type is normal/dry, has a tendency to look dull, with occasional hormonal breakouts around my chin and sometimes my cheeks (normally from makeup/skincare).

Anyway, I never knew this mask was supposed to be mixed with ACV, so for the first handful of times I was using it, I was applying a thin patchy layer on my face, leaving it for 20-30 minutes and rinsing. I prefer wearing the mask this way because I achieve the best results: Glowing skin, clarity, and blemishes are reduced. This effect even lasts me the next 2 days!

I took off one star because, when visiting my mother and using the one she purchased, it turned my face BRIGHT red. I'm not sure what happened? Either I have very hyper sensitive skin or the ingredients aren't consistent.

p.s. mixing this with ACV is a no no for my skin, it's just too strong, and left my skin feeling very irritated.

I was in the search for masks that will be able to reduce my pimples and acne and now its over. At first, I felt hesitant purchasing this mask because of its packaging and the big amount of this product I thought would go to waste. I purchased it anyways. I arrived home and immediately tried this after removing my makeup. I used a tablespoon and a half and I wasted much product that I did not realized a little goes a very long way. I mixed it with milk and it ended up a bit clumpy. I steamed my face, applied and wait until I feel the "pulsating" effect, much feels like the skin is compressing. I find it so relaxing that I actually left it for 25 minutes. My forehead really hurts when I pull my head upwards, which means the mask is so dry like a cement. It took almost forever to wash the mask off. I pat my face dry and first thing I noticed is my nose. It looks so polished and less blackheads are visible and those white gunk surfaced on my nose, scrubbed it of to get rid of it. My temples and forehead, jaw are really red but faded after a few minutes. My face felt really velvety and soft, appeared glowing but dry at the same time so it is recommended to apply moisturizer afterwards or even a face sheet mask. The next day, I noticed a few small pimples, like a whitehead appeared on my forehead, nose and chin and I am sure my skin is just purging. Later in the night, I applied the mask focusing on those areas where it purged, this time with ACV and water. I recommend to fill ACV first before water. I noticed that ACV completely made the clay in a paste form, not clumpy at all. When it starts to dry, I felt a burning sensation while it is pulsating, and I think the ACV caused it. I washed it off and here goes soft skin. Purging more and more, I continued to use this the same way I did the second time every 2-3 days interval. After just 4 days, I got rid of those pimples caused by purging 100% and the pimples I actually have by 70% especially on my cheeks. I also got rid of the small bumps on my chin and the forehead. Now I have like 5 pimples left on my forehead and I tried to make my face rest from the Aztec Healing Clay for a week or two since I don't have much problems on my face now and another reason is that this dries out my face, I will just use this for foot soak and knee mask. So far I do not need to purchase deep cleansing products and by the way, this makes also a good nose and chin pack. What I only need to purchase are moisturizing masks and some serum. I love this stuff, saved me lots of money. Just worried that this clay expires in 2 years, 2016 - 2018 that I might still have alot of this product left. Now I will stick to this mask FOREVER. Definitely worth the messy preparation haha. Repurchasing this every YEAR or two.
(ps: I have combination skin, very very dry on the cheek and eye area and slightly oily in the t-zone)

I recently purchased this at my local Whole Foods store, and I'm so glad that I did. I'm trying to transition into natural/organic skincare products, and I needed to figure out a new face mask routine. I followed the directions on the packaging, and used a cheap synthetic-hair makeup brush to apply to my face, felt very cold to apply, but in a relaxing spa-like way. After washing it off, I had redness, but it goes away shortly after. I had no skin irritations, and it really surfaced black heads and my under-skin texture/stubborn acne. I definitely recommend using an oil to moisturize right after though.

So far, I've used it twice and am very pleased with the results. Will happily re-purchase and recommend to my friends and family.

on 4/16/2016 2:31:00 AM

This product is amazing!!! I struggled with acne 7 years ago for about 3 years. My skin has been mostly clear for over 4 years now with a few hormonal breakouts here and there. Recently, I've been under a lot of stress with school and my face flared up so bad, the worst it's been in years! I was so embarrassed to even go to class or interact with people. I found this product and have only been using it for 2 days and I see incredible results already. I use it with ACV and 3 drops of tea tree oil after I cleanse my face. The first day I used it I noticed a few more pimples on my forehead and my cheeks. THIS IS NORMAL!!!! Don't give up on it. It is pulling the dirt and bacteria out of your pores and making your skin fresh and clean, even if it doesn't look like it for the first couple of days. I used the product tonight and almost all of the new pimples decreased in size and redness and many of them disappeared. My pores are almost invisible now and my skin is glowing. I recommend this product for anyone with acne-prone skin because it won't excessively dry your face out like some salicylic acid medications will. My face has never felt so clean and refreshed in my entire life. This mask is honestly a miracle!!