Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.

on 4/27/2017 2:28:00 PM

Ok, I've used this for about a month now so I figured it was time to review.

I have combination non-reactive skin and get random zits/hormonal acne. With the use of this (currently every third day), I have noticed that my pores on my cheeks and nose absolutely look smaller and it seems to have helped reduce the appearance of random whiteheads. It is slowly seeming to even my complexion out a bit, which is more than I can say for most of the chemical peels I've tried and pretty much everything else under the sun. It's not something sudden, at least for me, but it's a very gradual process that does seem to be getting better with time.

I mix with ACV only, which doesn't seem to irritate my skin, which I know others had problems with. One of the tips I read on amazon was that when you go to remove it, put a warm heated washcloth over your face for about 30 seconds to loosen the clay, then use that to gently rub the mask off. Let the washcloth dry out overnight and crackle the clay out in your grass or whatever, so you don't get it down in your drain, then wash it like normal. Works like a charm! Also, I use the super soft baby washcloths instead of regular ones because they're gentler on my skin.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

on 4/26/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mask based on the good reviews here. I was hoping it would help settle down the breakouts on my face I get from time to time but also the horrendous bout of bacne I have been battling for over a month now. Got a massive tub of it from Amazon for less than AU$20 inc shipping (can't remember exactly what I paid). I don't know if it is sold in health shops here in Australia but Amazon was convenient and I think it was sold out on iHerb.
Anyway the first few times I tried it I mixed it with water and the consistency was always a bit weird, like it wouldn't mix properly. It did do a good job of calming down my inflamed skin on my face and my back, drawing large under-skin pimples to the surface and getting rid of the crap that had accumulated in my pores.
However, last night I tried it with ACV (just Skipping Girl brand from the supermarket, nothing fancy) and wow! Results were a million times better. The mixture kind of foams up and spreads really easily. I don't think I got any of that "pulsating" feeling but I left it on my face for about 45 minutes, until it had dried, and washed it off with hot water and a face washer. I left it on my back overnight and washed it off this morning. The skin on my face was a little red but quite clear and the couple of pimples I had had subsided in size and in redness. This morning when I woke up my face looked amazing, like my pores had been vacuumed out. My skin was really even toned with no redness and the pimples were flat and far less inflamed. It did bring a couple of little whiteheads to the surface but I wasn't surprised about this. The pimples on my back are way flatter, much less painful and feel like they are on their way to healing. I plan to use this on my back and on the pimples on my face as a spot treatment until they are all healed.
For the price and the effectiveness this stuff can't be beaten.

I feel like this REALLY cleans out my pores!
note: I have sensitive, combo skin and this doesnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all!
I've only used this as a face mask & acne spot treatment.
I purchase this at the vitamin shoppe, or order online. It's totally worth it because you get SOOOO much product and only use a little bit at a time. I can barely use it all up before it expires. Considering how much product you get it really isn't a bad price.
I mix equal parts of this powder with bragg organic apple cider vinegar (highly suggest this mixture, it is definitely better than just mixing with water)

I mix it in a bag, then rub on my face and leave on for about 15 minutes.
The sensation is hard to explain, it is like a pulsing/pulling/tightening feeling!! I can't handle it for more than 15 minutes until I have to take off the mask. my face is a little red afterwards but that goes away. I take it off with water then usually use a gentle hydrating cleanser like cerave or even cetaphil, then put on a gentle moisturizer since the mask can leave me dry.
but once I use this, HOLY COW my skin is sooooo clear and I feel like all the gunk in my pores is out. it feels SO CLEAN
once a week I do it all over my face and other than that I use it as a spot treatment or just around my nose/tzone/acne prone areas.
the only cons are the smell, it's kind of messy, takes time to prepare, and difficult to take off. The pulling feeling it gives when it's on your face is odd, but not a big deal. the end result is definitely worth it

IMPORTANT:
When you mix this with water or the organic apple cider vinegar it makes this gross paste. (if you spill some powder, vacuum it up.. do not use a damp towel to wipe it up bc it'll turn into that paste). That paste should NOT be put down your drain. this is why I mix it in a plastic bag, put it on my face via plastic bag so nothing has to be washed. IMPORTANT: when you take off the mask do not let any go down the drain!! I use damp paper towels then throw them in the trash.

I'm so sick of masks not doing anything, so this mask is totally worth the extra trouble. It is more time consuming than squeezing product from a tube and jumping in the shower to rinse off. I'm seriously so lazy but I will definitely spend time on this mask. Once you do it a couple times it's not a big deal
I know it's hard to find, smells bad, you have to be extra careful, can't go down the drain, feels weird, etc but I SWEAR THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH IT. it has made such a difference in my skin. I've stopped using other face masks because this one is amazing. it seriously gets my pores soooo cleaned out. definitely worth it. it's my secret weapon and i highly recommend it.

on 7/12/2014 10:19:00 AM

My skin has been unusually congested the past couple of months, so I decided to try this. I purchased the 1lb. Jar off of Amazon (I believe it was approximately $5.00, so it is very cheap), and it comes as a dry powder, so you can add either apple cider vinegar to it (as I did), or water to make your paste.

I mixed mine in a small ziplock bag, and applied with my fingers. I let it dry approx. 20 minutes and then took a warm, wet paper towel and placed that on my face to loosen up the dried clay. I closed my sink drain and put a plastic shopping bag in the sink to catch any loose chunks of clay, and then just wiped the rest off with the wet paper towels. I then rinsed my face with warm water and applied Cerave lotion. There was a small amount of redness on my forehead, almost like when you get a little too much sun, but nothing bad.

This morning, I could see a major difference in my skin. The pores on my nose looked better, a few blemishes on my cheek had flattened completely, and the area which has been plaguing me the most (between my eyes on the top of my nose) had no bumps. No dryness or flaking, and the slight redness from last night is completely gone.

I'm glad that I used it all over my face, and I'll probably continue to do so on occasion, but I now plan to use this as a spot treatment a few times a week (mainly on my nose or chin). I put a little more on my nose today and also a dab on the spots which still remain.

This time, I used the plastic cap from a bottle of toner (so any clean, plastic cap will work) and a q-tip to mix and apply this, so there was no mess. I'll do it this way from now on when I only have to use this on specific areas.

Hope this helps! I definitely think this is worth a try for anyone with clogged pores. The price is right and I'm happy with the results I've gotten...

on 7/16/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The drawing power of this stuff was proven to me after I put it on a brown recluse bite that was getting hugely infected on the side of my knee. I was about to head to the doctor, but tried this instead. I covered the whole red area with a thick layer of this stuff and put a big waterproof bandage over it to keep it moist. It pulled out the whole infection in about 24 hours. It saved me from needing antibiotics and a huge doctor bill (or possibly worse...just google pictures of staph infections from a recluse bite! Ugh!). I know this is a gross story, but I wanted to get it out there that this can be used for more than just beauty purposes.

I do use this as a face mask, as well, and find that if I use it around my "Time of the Month," it completely eliminates and prevents the blemishes I usually get around my chin and jawline. Yes, it leaves your skin red for an hour or so, but the benefits are totally worth it.

on 9/18/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I saw no improvment, nor did I get any warming or pulsating that others got, just a boring useless clay powder

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Be careful with this mask if you have dry skin. I have thin, sensitive, fair skin that tends to be dry. I use this mask only rarely, as I know it has a tendency to make my skin red and irritated, but I can get desperate with the occasional breakout. I sometimes get a few (deep and swollen) spots on my face at a certain time in my cycle, and the mask can bring them to the surface, calm them, and clear them out faster. The price is red and dry skin though. I've read through the reviews, and, for most people, the redness seems temporary. However, I can expect it to last about 48 hours, and that's not a good look on fair skin that generally has a smooth, porcelain appearance. As well, no matter how much I moisturize, I will get dry, flaky patches. This holds true even if I use jojoba, almond, or coconut oil on my face after the mask. I think this is probably a good product for most people, but it's not really going to control acne on anyone with dry skin, especially as it can exacerbate dryness to an extreme degree. My skin is usually under control, thankfully, so I probably use this mask only a few times a year. Next time I will probably try a VERY thin layer that can dry quickly. It might help if I left the mask on >10 minutes.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used thisover 6 years now,having oily acne prone skin.It really pulls(pulsate)as it says it will.It does clean your pores like sucking clean and tightens them.However it can be a bit drying in some areas,so just be sure to moisturize afterwards.It's difrent for everyone,maybe for some a t-zone mask would be fine,others may can only handle spot treatments.HTH