Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.8

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/3/2017 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Got this a few months ago in Toronto after watching and reading tons of reviews. The first time i tried it i only used water and the clay to make my mask and it turned into a lumpy paste. It was very okay to say the least. The next time i mixed it with apple cider vingear?! It was amd has been amazing! It pulls everything out the skin and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh. I leave it on at least 15-20 mins and prefer it to get hard. One of the best masks i have ever used. Great price and tons of product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great product and makes loads of face masks for the fraction of the price of a store bought mask. The small tub lasts me about a year and I make face masks about twice a week (max.)

This mask helps to detoxify and clear my skin although I wish it could peel off but can't change what nature made lol

My recipe for a facial mask is
1 tsp clay (draws out toxins and increases blood circulation which helps bring nutrients to the skin)

1 tsp turmeric (to reduce inflammation and redness, too much can leave yellow tinge on skin but will easily come off with a facial wash, best done at night just in case)

3 capsules of charcoal or 1 tsp of charcoal (draws out impurities)

1/4 tsp camu camu powder (highest source of vitamin c in the world) or pinch of vitamin c powder (this helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate skin and increase collagen production)

1 tsp apple cider vinegar (removes dead skin cells and counteracts the alkaline pH of the clay), I often leave this out as the camu camu or vitamin c are acidic and so also balance the alkaline pH of the clay

(1/4 tsp oil, I use coconut oil because this mask can dry your skin out, but any oil or moisturiser you skin likes will work)

1 - 2 tsp water, its better to have a liquid consistency than too thick because a thick mask wont spread over the skin as well and a liquid consistency can get into the pores better and consequently get more out of your pores. If you try a liquid consistency you can see after it has all dried completely there are tiny dark circles on the surface of the mask where your pores are (there are pictures of this on google images as I can't explain it well). Basically these circles are where the clay has absorbed the impurities and excess oil in your pores, and my point is when you use a thick mask you can't see these circles so you won't know if its done. It doesn't mean a thick mask won't draw out impurities but at least with a thin mask you can see when its done.

Make sure the tea spoons aren't heaped and don't use metal utensils (bowl, spoon etc) because the clay can interfere with the metal and reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Your face make look red after using this because the clay increases blood circulation in the face, it will return to normal in about 20 minutes, its better to do this at night rather than wasting time by waiting for your face to return to normal in the morning. This mask is best followed up with a nourishing serum, oil or moisturiser as the clay can dry out skin temporarily.

This mask helps to clear my skin, exfoliate and make my skin look glowy, absolutely love it , you can also use the clay on your hair and there are many recipes out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Skin type: oily, acne prone - had chronic acne and blackheads for 12 years until i became strict with diet and adalpalene, bha, ahas & bp every day, pores will seemingly be blocked by 90+% of products instantly, highly reactive to fragrance, alcohol and clogging ingredients.

I LOVE this stuff. Natural, cheap, and feels like youre in a spa when you wear it. You get a TON. don't bother with glamglow overpriced crap - this is amazing. I use it mixed with water more than ACV, but both are fine with my skin. I find I don't even need to use this because my acne and blackheads are all gone, but its a treat to use and I'm glad I have it to hand. I use it for 'home spa' nights in with the girls :)

on 11/24/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this product! I use it for face masks as well as hair treatments when mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. It's so inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Okay, only 3/5 because my first experience was not good.

I mixed this with Apple Cider Vinegar, left it on too long and it burnt my face. I had a black cast around both eyes and burns on my cheeks. I then broke out a few days later into what seemed like BILLIONS of tiny whiteheads all over my face!

I'm thinking this may not have been due to the clay, but maybe more my leaving it on for as long as I did. My face was tiiiiiiiiight to the point of washing it off in a slight panic.

This was about 2 months ago. Now my skin in healed, no black burn cast, no whiteheads. I will reattempt with just plain water and update soon.

However, I have used this as a fully body mask and it was alright, nothing special, although I didn't know what I was expecting. It was pleasant, but boy is it messy!

Overall, it's clearly working wonders for others so that's a great sign! I am positive that it will go better next time with just water! :)

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This clay, really helped me through my rough times with my skin.
Rewind to 2 years ago. My skin is broken out, the texture is disgusting, red and puss filled pimples with sprinkling of black heads all over my face. My confidence was non existent and I was becoming desperate.
I found myself in my local health food store, and picked this up just because i really had nothing to use.
The first time i used it i added acv like it says you can. I could feel the clay literally pulling the dirt and oil from my skin as it hardened.

So back to the present. It's been 2 years since i purchased this, and i'm only half way through the pound that you get. I do not use this regularly, just whenever i feel like.
I am not telling you this is a miracle in a jar. What i am saying is that if you think that the reason your skin is acting up is because you have toxins in your body/skin, i strongly feel this product is for you. if your skin is acting out due to hormonal issues, i'm not too sure. try is none the less. It's not like it's extra expensive. I paid $5 on sale.
Today i still do have pimples but the red and pussy ones are few and far between. What i have now are those very fine pimples that you could rub off your face easily but they come back and you can pnly really see them in certain light at certain angles, as well as hyperpigmentation left behind from previous acne.
The only cons about this are after i washedit off, my face is red for about an hour. So it is not a good idea to put this on right before something important like an event, date, anywhere you'll be seen.
And it is annoying to make. It also can get a little messy but you can minimize the mess by using a fan/foundation brush to apply it to your face.
This is a stable for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love, love this mask! It took me a while to get used to the "pulsating" sensation. At first i could only to stand to keep it on for about 2-3 minutes, but after about a month of using it I sometimes sleep in it. It really leaves my acne- prone skin super smooth! I have huge pores, but after using this they are a lot less visible! I also love the way it keeps my skin balanced throughout the day, I'm a lot less oily! I also love the fact that any skin type can use it! It's great, especially for the price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Best for spot treating whiteheads, blackheads and cystic pus bumps.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

What can I say, it does what it says. I have very acne-prone skin and this stuff seems to suck up the excess oils my face produces. I have tried using plain water and also apple cider vinegar (ACV) and both work equally well, although the ACV tends to sting a bit more on me since I use glycolic acid based products from time to time. I mixed some Neem powder and also some other Indian skin powder to make a herbal clay mask, with the ACV. My goodness it was strong, next time I will dilute the ACV with some water. But after 18 hours my face feels firmer. It was a beast to rinse off so I did it in the shower. Some of the active acne seemed to calmed down a bit so I will use this mix like twice a week.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I've absolutely never had anything work well on my cystic pimples that was easy. This is a good mask, but it's also a great spot treatment. I mean put it on a spot for 20-30 min, wash it off and the next day there a huge reduction and couple more days of it and it's gone. I'm super happy. I had no clue it would be that effective. I mix mine with ACV as per instructions. Also the price is unbeatable.