Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.6

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Not good not bad

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3

on 9/9/2016 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this package off of amazon for around 7 dollars for a large jar. It is a green powder that you mix with liquid of your choice to make a mask. Here is my favorite recipe:

I mix one tablespoon of aztec with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a half a teaspoon of tumeric. If I happen to have acne I add in either a drop of tea tree oil or toner. You could also mix in rose water.

It foams up and you paint it on your face. The smell is not totally terrible but apple cider vinegar is strong. It will tighten ALOT as it dries. To the point where the mask cracks and you can't talk without moving your face.If you dont like that feeling I suggest moving your face a lot while it is setting so it cant lock in place. Sometimes it is extra strong and I can feel it pulsating (for me personally I take that as a sign it is working!) I leave it on until it is totally dry (usually a half an hour). Then I apply warm water to my face and let it loosen up the mask. DO NOT TRY TO WASH IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING IT WITH WATER FIRST! And do not peel it off. ouch ouch ouch. Then I wash it off. HERE'S the deal... I am fair skinned. I do not dilute the mix with water. After removing the mask, my face is as red as a tomato for at least an hour.

I try to do this mask once a week before bed. When I wake up my skin just looks and feels better. If used regularly it really does diminish dark spots, however, they do appear again after discontinuing. This mask is really really good. And amazing for the price. I dont find it too harsh (breaking capillaries or drying out my skin excessively.

If you have the opportunity to try this mask I highly recommend it. I did see some reviews on amazon where it seems to have bad reviews with some people. If you are worried, definitely spot check first.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.

on 10/26/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I have never used any other acne product that works so quickly, so well, and is so affordable! Anyone who's struggled with acne knows you can spend a ton of money looking for something that works. If you're wondering whether or not to try this-- do yourself a favor and do it! 9 times out of 10 I would say it lives up to the hype. When I first started using this, I used it every night and it worked so quickly to dry up any blemishes and cystic acne I had. I noticed a difference after 1 use! As I continued to use it, my skin improved and I no longer needed to use it everyday. Sometimes when my skin is acting up I apply a thin layer on blemishes and leave on overnight. This leaves your skin soft but make sure to moisturize well as it could be drying. I use it with Braggs Apple cider vinegar and it works great. Someone on the sensitive side might wanna try using it with just water or a little bit of ACV diluted with water. This stuff is definitely worth a try. Whenever I use up the jar (it lasts a long time..I've been using the same har for 6 months and have barely made a dent in it) I will be repurchasing!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a really nice product to have around the house. It's a beauty item, but also should be part of your first aid arsenal. We use this on bug bites, or any other skin irritation. I use it with Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and it works wonders. The clay alone has no scent, but with the Braggs it just smells like vinegar. It doesn't leave any lingering smell. I don't use it on my entire face because my skin is combination and could dry out your dry areas too much, but it makes a great spot treatment for acne or any blemishes. Its great for removing blackheads from the nose area or chin you can feel it tightening and pulling out the impurities when you apply it. I once had a painful ingrown hair near my bikini area and after 2 applications of this bentonite clay it went down and was no longer an issue.

on 11/23/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is the business. Back in the day when I was kid, I found a tub of this in my aunt's bathroom cabinet and surrepticiously gave it a try. The suction was so intense I was like, whoa, that was an experience. Fast foward about 15 years later, and I'm watching this woman on TV get a facial with some kind of vaccuum tool sucking a bunch of pink gunk out of her seemingly clean skin, and I thought, that's what I need, some intense suction, and then I remembered this mask. Had to google a bit ot figure out the name and then immediately went out and bought a tub at Whole Foods.

I initially used water, but switched to apple cider vinegar and I think it works better that way. The only downside to this product, as far as I'm concerned, is that it comes in powder form and is a bit of a hassle and slightly messy to mix up before each use, but I get why that's necessary, as it would otherwise completely dry itself no matter kind of container you put it in. It's also nice to be able to adjust the thickness according to your preferences.

As everyone else has said, the suction is incredibly intense. It's uncomfortable. My nose always start to itch shortly after application, which bugs me to death, but that passes as it dries. Also, I have to stay hidden away in my bedroom with this on because I look absolutely freakish as it dries. I also leave it on for some time--it takes quite a while for it to fully dry and if you put it on really thick it never will (it's sill sucking away though, dry or not). Anyway, I try to give it at least and hour. I usually apply the mask and then do my nails.

I have acne prone skin and use prescription meds to control it, but it does something the meds can't and will absolutely clear up and prevent and beakouts and promote faster healing. I had this awful stubborn breakout after trying some new skincare products--my forehead was absolutely covered with ugly little bumps and few bigger once and after I stopped using the products it would not go away despite my continued use of the the acne meds. Well, I knew this mask would solve the problem, so I resolved to use it nightly for a week or two and sure enough my skin's clearing up nicely. Welcome back attractive forehead. Do I need to say that I love this mask? I'm not always consistent about using it because I'm lazy, but I should be. Once or twice a week is probably ideal.

In summary, it's extremely effective, natural, and inexpensive (a tub lasts forever). Do give it a try.

on 7/24/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My esthetician started using this on me in lieu of the Dermalogica I was using... it worked better and is much cheaper. Mix equal parts of the clay with apple cider vinegar (ACV) in a glass dish with a non-metal spoon (I just use a clean foundation brush). I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil, which takes care of the vinegar odor and adds a soothing quality to the mask. I paint it on with a clean foundation brush and leave on for about 15 minutes. I scrub off with a hot washcloth, then splash with cool water. This clay can clog drains, so I rinse my washcloth in the tub (bigger drain) and wipe out the dish with paper towels, disposing of the extra mix in the trash rather than in the sink. First time I used this, I stayed clear for 2 weeks- not a blemish in sight.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've used thisover 6 years now,having oily acne prone skin.It really pulls(pulsate)as it says it will.It does clean your pores like sucking clean and tightens them.However it can be a bit drying in some areas,so just be sure to moisturize afterwards.It's difrent for everyone,maybe for some a t-zone mask would be fine,others may can only handle spot treatments.HTH