Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

on 5/2/2017 5:38:00 PM

Standard clay mask IMO. Wasn't blown away by this by any means. Maybe if you have oily or even normal skin, this would be better. However, I have dry skin and this did that no favors. I much prefer the Dead Sea mask over this. I found this very uncomfortable. I ended up giving it to a friend (who doesn't have dry skin, BTW) and she did not really care for it either as she felt the same way about it as I did. (dry and uncomfortable)

on 3/6/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am a bit torn about this mask. First the pros - it definitely works for me. I have oily, non-reactive skin and the main concern I have are sebaceous filaments (oxidized oil trapped around a hair follicle/pore) on my t-zone. They look like blackheads, but are different. Anyway, this mask is the only thing that immediately rids me of any appearance of the little black oily dots. The effect stays around for about a week and then I have to do the mask again. Since my face will continue to make the oil and some of it is good and necessary, I accept that the temporary effect of the mask is as good as it's going to get with any product.

The cons are numerous however. The mask is very harsh and drying, especially if you mix it with only ACV as directed. I can never do straight ACV on my face, so I always dilute it with 50% water/50% ACV, it still works and even diluted is very harsh.

It is also very drying, despite the fact that I have very oily and non-reactive skin, on occasion, I felt like it depleted my moisture barrier too much, as I experienced stinging even the next morning.

It smells bad and is very uncomfortable to wear. It smells like ACV and dirt, which is basically what it is. As it dries, there is a very intense pulsating feeling, which I find very uncomfortable. It also stings most of the time it's on and it pulls your skin very tightly, so much so that it slightly distorts my face (especially around the eyes).

It takes a long time to dry and is hard to wash off.

Despite the many cons, I still make myself use this mask every 7-10 days or so, because not having the little black dots on my t-zone is worth it to me. However, if you are sensitive or have delicate skin, I would be very cautious using this.

On a final note, I see suggestions of adding honey to it for a more moisturizing effect. It's true, if you use honey in the mix the mask will not be nearly as drying, but for me, the honey prevented the mask from drying it out properly and pulling out the oil out of my t-zone and it was rendered essentially useless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

on 9/1/2016 12:32:00 PM

Here is an important tip when using this product, you must NOT use metal spoons, or metal anything while mixing or scooping. When you do, you break down the ions. When you break down the ions, there is less "pulling power" and that means you are ruining the effectiveness of the mask.I see all these great reviews, rightfully so. But everyone fails to mention no metal.
Anyways, I have combination skin, I'm 32, I love this product. All though at first it broke me out a little around my chin, I kept telling myself that it was happening because it was working. I always use this mask with Mother Apple Cider Vinegar. It makes for a much smoother mask. You can use water, but you end up with a clumpy mask. Also, I use a brush to apply this to my face. As using fingers can get messy very quick. I leave it on for about 15 minutes (anything longer and it's drying) I then get in the shower and wet a face cloth. I press the face cloth against my face to re-dampen the mask. It wipes off WAY easier that way and if you try to take this mask off dry, you could make microscopic cuts in the skin, and scratches. You're way better off pressing and making it damp again. Then wipe.
When I'm done, I immediately apply Argon Oil to my face while it's still damp from the shower. I do this before I even towel dry myself bc I want all the moisture to be locked in. My face feels so smooth and healthy after this mask. It improves the dull look I get once and a while. Also it helps with the white/blackheads. Not to mention this tub will last you FOREVER. Good stuff. I never use any other mask now, other than this. Everyone I've recommended this to, has loved it also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Most effective mask tried so far. This works wonder on the acne. I'm having adult acne all of a sudden and nothing is working. I tried numerous product but everyday I'm seeing 1-2 new pimples. This mask is only thing which is helping to drying out the active pimples. I've used it with water but will use it with ACV. My skin is normal to mildly dry. I cannot keep it more than 10mins. I'm applying it 2-3 day/ week. After that I'm applying my toner,serum and night cream as usual. I'll repurchase it again.

on 11/12/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My one holy grail beauty product. I am blessed to have good skin. I have never broken out and my complexion is even. Seldom has a beauty product impressed me because they never seem to make a difference. This is one of two or three beauty products that I have ever used that impressed me. I've been using it for 8 or so years and without fail it delivers results. Ideally I would use this mask 1- 2 times per month. When I slack on using it I can tell that my skin is just missing that tightness and glow. After using the mask, it's like I had a miracle facial. My skin just feels good. Before using the mask I rinse and scrub. I mix the mask with full apple cider vinegar and leave it on until completely dry (~20 minutes). Then I pick off any of the chunks so they don't clog my drain and rinse the remainder off in the shower. A little toner and some face oil and my skin is perfection.

Bonus - this stuff is ridiculously cheap and last forever. I think I had the small-sized container for 2 years before running out. I

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

on 2/28/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wanting to buy the Nu Skin Epoch Mud Mask but I've read a lot of reviews here on this mask. It's my first time to try this with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar on equal parts. I have stubborn acne and oily skin. I bought this out of desperation to end this acne life! It's cheap and a tub would last me maybe more than a year. I felt the strong pulsate like pulling my skin, like blood circulating to the surface. it dried hard on my face and rinsing is a lot of work. Mind the clay clogging the sink! As expected my face was red, I toned and moisturize afterward. Acne is still visible but it came to the surface. I will repeat after 2 days. Overall I'm satisfied!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. This. Stuff.

… I've struggled with congested skin for years - the only time I've been truly happy with my face was a two-year stint on a now discontinued birth control. It's not that bad - my pores are small, but each one is clogged with a small grain of sebum or sebaceous filament that I have to manually extract every night. My skin is oily deep underneath, and super-dry on top. Also, since I'm no longer on BC, I get several (read - 3 to 5) cysts that take forever to heal during my period (though Mario Badescu's drying cream has definitely helped.) I've had a little help from MUAC's retinol and Paula's BHA - they make me look fresh, but still - clogs, refilling every day. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing for me - nothing for the clogs, nothing for the cysts.

I'd read about this stuff in a magazine once, but somehow forgot about it. Now, with my skin worse than ever, overproducing oil after a long dry Chicago winter, and too much dairy that made me break out in five major cysts, I decided to go for a clay mask. I looked at GlamGlow, but decided I'd rather spend 70 bucks on a good serum versus a generic mud mask - and then I remembered this stuff.

I used it for the first time last night, and wasn't overwhelmed… It was easy to use (1 to 1 with apple cider vinegar), the pulsating was kind of hilarious (though I couldn't laugh; the mask had stretched my skin SO tight, as if it had been botoxed all over!)... I wiped it off with a warm washcloth, and was more pleased than shocked at the results. My skin looked fresher, it (surprisingly) didn't dry me out, and some small plugs came out easier than normal, but otherwise there were still filaments, a few PMS cysts trying to come out. So I slapped a mini-mask on the cystic spots as a spot-treatment in those areas and left it on for about three more hours.

When I washed that off - I was stunned. The cystic lumps had disappeared. Completely. My skin was a little red, but I went to bed super happy and optimistic, hoping the effect would stick. When I woke up this morning - Oh. My. God.

I was looking at the best skin of my life. No clogs had reappeared. The cystic red spots were gone without a trace. Everything glowed, and my face actually felt lighter, and more supple, where it usually feels weighed down and tired - probably from the excess oil. This is something I plan to use every other day as maintenance, versus a weekly special treatment, since it seems to have absorbed all excess oil from deep inside my skin and actually PREVENTED congestion.

It's so cheap, and there's so much of it, I can't imagine anyone not trying it out. It actually is the miracle for my congestion I've always wanted. HG.