Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

on 5/2/2017 5:38:00 PM

Standard clay mask IMO. Wasn't blown away by this by any means. Maybe if you have oily or even normal skin, this would be better. However, I have dry skin and this did that no favors. I much prefer the Dead Sea mask over this. I found this very uncomfortable. I ended up giving it to a friend (who doesn't have dry skin, BTW) and she did not really care for it either as she felt the same way about it as I did. (dry and uncomfortable)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

on 9/1/2016 12:32:00 PM

Here is an important tip when using this product, you must NOT use metal spoons, or metal anything while mixing or scooping. When you do, you break down the ions. When you break down the ions, there is less "pulling power" and that means you are ruining the effectiveness of the mask.I see all these great reviews, rightfully so. But everyone fails to mention no metal.
Anyways, I have combination skin, I'm 32, I love this product. All though at first it broke me out a little around my chin, I kept telling myself that it was happening because it was working. I always use this mask with Mother Apple Cider Vinegar. It makes for a much smoother mask. You can use water, but you end up with a clumpy mask. Also, I use a brush to apply this to my face. As using fingers can get messy very quick. I leave it on for about 15 minutes (anything longer and it's drying) I then get in the shower and wet a face cloth. I press the face cloth against my face to re-dampen the mask. It wipes off WAY easier that way and if you try to take this mask off dry, you could make microscopic cuts in the skin, and scratches. You're way better off pressing and making it damp again. Then wipe.
When I'm done, I immediately apply Argon Oil to my face while it's still damp from the shower. I do this before I even towel dry myself bc I want all the moisture to be locked in. My face feels so smooth and healthy after this mask. It improves the dull look I get once and a while. Also it helps with the white/blackheads. Not to mention this tub will last you FOREVER. Good stuff. I never use any other mask now, other than this. Everyone I've recommended this to, has loved it also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Most effective mask tried so far. This works wonder on the acne. I'm having adult acne all of a sudden and nothing is working. I tried numerous product but everyday I'm seeing 1-2 new pimples. This mask is only thing which is helping to drying out the active pimples. I've used it with water but will use it with ACV. My skin is normal to mildly dry. I cannot keep it more than 10mins. I'm applying it 2-3 day/ week. After that I'm applying my toner,serum and night cream as usual. I'll repurchase it again.

on 11/12/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

My one holy grail beauty product. I am blessed to have good skin. I have never broken out and my complexion is even. Seldom has a beauty product impressed me because they never seem to make a difference. This is one of two or three beauty products that I have ever used that impressed me. I've been using it for 8 or so years and without fail it delivers results. Ideally I would use this mask 1- 2 times per month. When I slack on using it I can tell that my skin is just missing that tightness and glow. After using the mask, it's like I had a miracle facial. My skin just feels good. Before using the mask I rinse and scrub. I mix the mask with full apple cider vinegar and leave it on until completely dry (~20 minutes). Then I pick off any of the chunks so they don't clog my drain and rinse the remainder off in the shower. A little toner and some face oil and my skin is perfection.

Bonus - this stuff is ridiculously cheap and last forever. I think I had the small-sized container for 2 years before running out. I

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

on 2/28/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wanting to buy the Nu Skin Epoch Mud Mask but I've read a lot of reviews here on this mask. It's my first time to try this with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar on equal parts. I have stubborn acne and oily skin. I bought this out of desperation to end this acne life! It's cheap and a tub would last me maybe more than a year. I felt the strong pulsate like pulling my skin, like blood circulating to the surface. it dried hard on my face and rinsing is a lot of work. Mind the clay clogging the sink! As expected my face was red, I toned and moisturize afterward. Acne is still visible but it came to the surface. I will repeat after 2 days. Overall I'm satisfied!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. This. Stuff.

… I've struggled with congested skin for years - the only time I've been truly happy with my face was a two-year stint on a now discontinued birth control. It's not that bad - my pores are small, but each one is clogged with a small grain of sebum or sebaceous filament that I have to manually extract every night. My skin is oily deep underneath, and super-dry on top. Also, since I'm no longer on BC, I get several (read - 3 to 5) cysts that take forever to heal during my period (though Mario Badescu's drying cream has definitely helped.) I've had a little help from MUAC's retinol and Paula's BHA - they make me look fresh, but still - clogs, refilling every day. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing for me - nothing for the clogs, nothing for the cysts.

I'd read about this stuff in a magazine once, but somehow forgot about it. Now, with my skin worse than ever, overproducing oil after a long dry Chicago winter, and too much dairy that made me break out in five major cysts, I decided to go for a clay mask. I looked at GlamGlow, but decided I'd rather spend 70 bucks on a good serum versus a generic mud mask - and then I remembered this stuff.

I used it for the first time last night, and wasn't overwhelmed… It was easy to use (1 to 1 with apple cider vinegar), the pulsating was kind of hilarious (though I couldn't laugh; the mask had stretched my skin SO tight, as if it had been botoxed all over!)... I wiped it off with a warm washcloth, and was more pleased than shocked at the results. My skin looked fresher, it (surprisingly) didn't dry me out, and some small plugs came out easier than normal, but otherwise there were still filaments, a few PMS cysts trying to come out. So I slapped a mini-mask on the cystic spots as a spot-treatment in those areas and left it on for about three more hours.

When I washed that off - I was stunned. The cystic lumps had disappeared. Completely. My skin was a little red, but I went to bed super happy and optimistic, hoping the effect would stick. When I woke up this morning - Oh. My. God.

I was looking at the best skin of my life. No clogs had reappeared. The cystic red spots were gone without a trace. Everything glowed, and my face actually felt lighter, and more supple, where it usually feels weighed down and tired - probably from the excess oil. This is something I plan to use every other day as maintenance, versus a weekly special treatment, since it seems to have absorbed all excess oil from deep inside my skin and actually PREVENTED congestion.

It's so cheap, and there's so much of it, I can't imagine anyone not trying it out. It actually is the miracle for my congestion I've always wanted. HG.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

You wouldn't expect it looking at it, but the Aztec clay is pretty awesome. I have oily, ruddy skin with big pores on my cheeks, nose, and chin - pores so big that applying anything opaque on my face (foundation, concealer, this stuff) will suddenly be dotted with pinprick holes. I have only occasional acne problems though, usually on my jawline where I'm resting my chin in my hands or hormonal breakouts. The big issue with me is redness.

I picked this up at Sprouts for about 9 bucks. Since you're only using a teaspoon of it, it will last years. Be careful when opening it because there is only the plastic lid between you and the powder - there is no cardboard circle like some companies do with moisturisers and stuff. Because my skin is not particularly sensitive, I tried it with apple cider vinegar which makes it smell godawful, but it starts fizzing and bubbling and then turns the clay powder into a sort of mousse-textured paste. This is the best form and I think is the easiest to apply. I use it once every three days. Some people with dry or sensitive skin might want to stick to weekly.

Smear it all over your face in a relatively thin layer because any thick areas take a lot longer to dry. A lot of the time there are patches that have not completely dried after 20-30 minutes on my face, but I wash it off at that time anyway, because much longer and my skin will itch like crazy. The process of it drying and tightening on the skin is what makes it "pulsate" and your skin will very likely be quite red after you take it off, as if you got a sunburn. This fades in about 30 minutes after the first time - my first time using it took 45-60 minutes to fade. I noticed that the skin on my neck really doesn't like the clay, so I try to only apply it to my face and the very edge of my jaw.
To take it off, I like to have a washcloth on hand whether I am in the shower or not and wet the cloth, then press it gently to an area of my face to loosen the stuff that has really dried. The clay will soften and then come off pretty easily on the washcloth. It'll leave a bit of a stain, but it comes out in the washer. I work on one area at a time so that I don't do any damage by scrubbing. Make sure to moisturise afterward no matter what kind of skin you have. I attempted to re-try argan oil as a moisuriser after this and it continued to not work out for me very well, so I just use my regular Clinque gel instead.

What I didn't get: any visible pore gunk pushing to the surface, noticeable pore disappearance, breakouts caused by skin purging, or any scar fading.
What I did get: smooth, soft skin that was notably less red after the "sunburn" faded with maybe a slight shrinking in pores, a good time rocking around my house singing Wild Thing with all the wilds replaced by the word swamp, and it seemed like my foundation (Hourglass Immaculate) went on smoother and easier.

Overall I really like this mask and would repurchase.