Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.1

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a HUGE tub of this off iHerb 4 years ago and I still use it - it's my HG mask. Mixing a fresh batch of clay mask each usage is awesome in my opinion - no extra ingredients needed, no preservatives, completely customisable. This tub will last me another 10 yrs and my daughter will probably use it. I keep it stored in a cool dark place but the screw on lid seems fine. Packaging is plastic and cheap but effective. Not expensive at all! For anyone disliking this, please try it with apple cider vinegar as the liquid. I ran out and mixed it with water and its crap. Somehow the vinegar turns it into a mousse texture and it exfoliates as its sucking all the gunk out of your pores. I have not bought any masks since I bought this as I just don't need to. Mixing your own does cause some wastage because takes time to figure out exactly how much powder to use vs liquid. But it's still uber cost effective! I mix it in a little glass bowl that I keep in the bathroom. It's hard to remove for a clay mask as it can be applied thickly so I hop in the shower to wash off. Do it at the same time as a hair mask! I used to do this weekly but forget a lot of the time now. But when I remember and do it, my pores are so minimised they're almost gone. It's truly magical. Also I used to have oilier skin and it was great. I'm now combo/normal and it's still fine. I have left it on for up to an hour to really feel the sucking feeling but it's recommended to only leave for 15 mins. When you wash it off you'll see red marks as if you took a vacuum cleaner to your face but they go away. The sucking feeling can be addictive to those who really like a product to feel like it is doing something.

Edit: I bought a weird apple cider vinegar with honey in it - not a substitute! Doesn't create a mousse and no sucking feeling! Stick with normal apple cider next time

on 4/26/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mask based on the good reviews here. I was hoping it would help settle down the breakouts on my face I get from time to time but also the horrendous bout of bacne I have been battling for over a month now. Got a massive tub of it from Amazon for less than AU$20 inc shipping (can't remember exactly what I paid). I don't know if it is sold in health shops here in Australia but Amazon was convenient and I think it was sold out on iHerb.
Anyway the first few times I tried it I mixed it with water and the consistency was always a bit weird, like it wouldn't mix properly. It did do a good job of calming down my inflamed skin on my face and my back, drawing large under-skin pimples to the surface and getting rid of the crap that had accumulated in my pores.
However, last night I tried it with ACV (just Skipping Girl brand from the supermarket, nothing fancy) and wow! Results were a million times better. The mixture kind of foams up and spreads really easily. I don't think I got any of that "pulsating" feeling but I left it on my face for about 45 minutes, until it had dried, and washed it off with hot water and a face washer. I left it on my back overnight and washed it off this morning. The skin on my face was a little red but quite clear and the couple of pimples I had had subsided in size and in redness. This morning when I woke up my face looked amazing, like my pores had been vacuumed out. My skin was really even toned with no redness and the pimples were flat and far less inflamed. It did bring a couple of little whiteheads to the surface but I wasn't surprised about this. The pimples on my back are way flatter, much less painful and feel like they are on their way to healing. I plan to use this on my back and on the pimples on my face as a spot treatment until they are all healed.
For the price and the effectiveness this stuff can't be beaten.

on 4/23/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this yesterday for the first time. Ordered from Amazon for less than $10 for a 1lb tub. I suspect this will last months which is awesome.
Do not bother following the directions on the tub, it will not work well. It says to mix 1:1 of the clay to water or apple cider vinegar. You really need more acv because this is dry powder dust and if you want a smooth paste you will need more liquid. I put in a bit of water too just to dilute the acv smell.
It also says to apply 1/4-1/2" layer. Don't!! That's such a waste of the product, plus it does not work as it will take like two hours to dry that way. Who has time for that?!

I mixed it according to the directions and left it on for about 35-40 minutes. Did not notice and pulsating and the mask just was not drying but it was cracking and coming off in chunks though still moist. I peeled off big chunks of it, threw them in the trash, and spread the rest on my face somewhat evenly. Since I had it on already for almost an hour I got impatient and dried my face with a blowdryer. My skin was really tight and weird, but still no pulsating.
After washing it off, which took like 5+ minutes, my face was a bit red but that only lasted for about 10 minutes or so. My pores definitely look smaller and face is smoother.
I plan on using it again today, correctly, as I can tell this is a really good product that actually works if used correctly in a thin layer.
No other mask has worked for me and I have tried many.

I don't have skin issues other than large and clogged pores for which this seems to be perfect. Use a moisturized afterwards as it is very drying.

All in all, great, inexpensive product that I look forward to using regularly.

Tip: This is clay, so do not wash it down the drain in clumps as it will clog up everything.

Update: After using it everyday for a few days now I have figured out better ways to mix and apply. I mix only about a teaspoon to two depending on if I'm using it on my whole face or just areas that need it, like nose and cheeks. A very thin layer is all thats necessary otherwise it won't dry for at least 30 minutes but will still crack. The pulsating happens only when it's super dry and tight on ur face, but I never let it get that far bcs it takes sooooo long to dry.
Pores are cleaner but not significantly smaller or super clean. There is still oil that I can see so I should probably just get a good bha for that. I'm taking away a point because I really don't see why the product is so highly rated by everyone other than it is good for the price and amount you get. I will probably still repurchase.

I feel like this REALLY cleans out my pores!
note: I have sensitive, combo skin and this doesnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all!
I've only used this as a face mask & acne spot treatment.
I purchase this at the vitamin shoppe, or order online. It's totally worth it because you get SOOOO much product and only use a little bit at a time. I can barely use it all up before it expires. Considering how much product you get it really isn't a bad price.
I mix equal parts of this powder with bragg organic apple cider vinegar (highly suggest this mixture, it is definitely better than just mixing with water)

I mix it in a bag, then rub on my face and leave on for about 15 minutes.
The sensation is hard to explain, it is like a pulsing/pulling/tightening feeling!! I can't handle it for more than 15 minutes until I have to take off the mask. my face is a little red afterwards but that goes away. I take it off with water then usually use a gentle hydrating cleanser like cerave or even cetaphil, then put on a gentle moisturizer since the mask can leave me dry.
but once I use this, HOLY COW my skin is sooooo clear and I feel like all the gunk in my pores is out. it feels SO CLEAN
once a week I do it all over my face and other than that I use it as a spot treatment or just around my nose/tzone/acne prone areas.
the only cons are the smell, it's kind of messy, takes time to prepare, and difficult to take off. The pulling feeling it gives when it's on your face is odd, but not a big deal. the end result is definitely worth it

IMPORTANT:
When you mix this with water or the organic apple cider vinegar it makes this gross paste. (if you spill some powder, vacuum it up.. do not use a damp towel to wipe it up bc it'll turn into that paste). That paste should NOT be put down your drain. this is why I mix it in a plastic bag, put it on my face via plastic bag so nothing has to be washed. IMPORTANT: when you take off the mask do not let any go down the drain!! I use damp paper towels then throw them in the trash.

I'm so sick of masks not doing anything, so this mask is totally worth the extra trouble. It is more time consuming than squeezing product from a tube and jumping in the shower to rinse off. I'm seriously so lazy but I will definitely spend time on this mask. Once you do it a couple times it's not a big deal
I know it's hard to find, smells bad, you have to be extra careful, can't go down the drain, feels weird, etc but I SWEAR THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH IT. it has made such a difference in my skin. I've stopped using other face masks because this one is amazing. it seriously gets my pores soooo cleaned out. definitely worth it. it's my secret weapon and i highly recommend it.

It does purify your face quite well. I can see a difference in the face after using it. The pores are not so clogged, and appear to look lighter in colour. No miracle here, but a very good job. And the price is good too.
The drawback is the necessity of mixing it all yourself, and the strong clay smell. A small amount is enough for the whole face: around 20 ml.

on 7/12/2014 10:19:00 AM

My skin has been unusually congested the past couple of months, so I decided to try this. I purchased the 1lb. Jar off of Amazon (I believe it was approximately $5.00, so it is very cheap), and it comes as a dry powder, so you can add either apple cider vinegar to it (as I did), or water to make your paste.

I mixed mine in a small ziplock bag, and applied with my fingers. I let it dry approx. 20 minutes and then took a warm, wet paper towel and placed that on my face to loosen up the dried clay. I closed my sink drain and put a plastic shopping bag in the sink to catch any loose chunks of clay, and then just wiped the rest off with the wet paper towels. I then rinsed my face with warm water and applied Cerave lotion. There was a small amount of redness on my forehead, almost like when you get a little too much sun, but nothing bad.

This morning, I could see a major difference in my skin. The pores on my nose looked better, a few blemishes on my cheek had flattened completely, and the area which has been plaguing me the most (between my eyes on the top of my nose) had no bumps. No dryness or flaking, and the slight redness from last night is completely gone.

I'm glad that I used it all over my face, and I'll probably continue to do so on occasion, but I now plan to use this as a spot treatment a few times a week (mainly on my nose or chin). I put a little more on my nose today and also a dab on the spots which still remain.

This time, I used the plastic cap from a bottle of toner (so any clean, plastic cap will work) and a q-tip to mix and apply this, so there was no mess. I'll do it this way from now on when I only have to use this on specific areas.

Hope this helps! I definitely think this is worth a try for anyone with clogged pores. The price is right and I'm happy with the results I've gotten...

on 7/16/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The drawing power of this stuff was proven to me after I put it on a brown recluse bite that was getting hugely infected on the side of my knee. I was about to head to the doctor, but tried this instead. I covered the whole red area with a thick layer of this stuff and put a big waterproof bandage over it to keep it moist. It pulled out the whole infection in about 24 hours. It saved me from needing antibiotics and a huge doctor bill (or possibly worse...just google pictures of staph infections from a recluse bite! Ugh!). I know this is a gross story, but I wanted to get it out there that this can be used for more than just beauty purposes.

I do use this as a face mask, as well, and find that if I use it around my "Time of the Month," it completely eliminates and prevents the blemishes I usually get around my chin and jawline. Yes, it leaves your skin red for an hour or so, but the benefits are totally worth it.

on 9/18/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I saw no improvment, nor did I get any warming or pulsating that others got, just a boring useless clay powder