Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a heavy duty exfoliator for me. It's extra effective at refining skin texture. Just make sure you don't use it too often (I'd say once a week is enough) or you don't let it sit on your face too long. I did, and it made my super oily skin flaky and super dry ...not cool at all.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

on 9/25/2016 6:02:00 PM

This is a MUST! MUST MUST MUST HAVE
I haven't tried so many clay masks because they mostly irritated and dried out my skin but i saw some good comments about this one so i wanted to try! and yaaaas!
My skin?
Dry/combo-sensitive-blackheads-some acne scarring
How I used?
*I mixed the product with a %100 natural apple cider vinegar,I put two spoonful of each product and mix them in a non-metal holder with a spoon.
*Next I apply it evenly, i prefer to use a foundation brush because its less messy
*You should wait for 5 min if u have sensitive skin / 15-20 for normal skin. i waited like 10 min
*Wash it off with warm water. And voilaa
After you remove the mask you will get some redness and nervousness in your skin but it gets better in 20 min.
*After mask i applied a skin oil (kiehls midnight recovery one) and a moisturizer(cetaphil)
I kept using the mask twice in a week for a month now
Results?
*My skin is brighter and smoother and definitely i got less blackheads and breakouts. I donno how but this thing has done quite a good job. I will continue using it
PROS:
Affordable
Can be used for multiple things(blackhead,acne, dull skin, scarring etc)
Large amount of product
All natural just clay
Not weird ingredients
Most importantly it actually WORKS!

CONS:
A bit painful while removing
Dries out the skin a bit(definitely use a moisturizer afterwards)
All in all,highly recommended. Because it's pretty cheap even if you are not gonna satisfy, there will be no problem at all!

on 8/19/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hm... I'm torn about this product, as I am very often. But I will try do review this.

+ Does really cleanse my skin out
+ Lasts for a very, very long time
- Kind of annoying to blend it together, I always make too much = wastes product
- Leaves my skin really, really red after using it. I mean; you can see the exact line from where I've put it on my face. It says on the backside that that's normal, but i don't appreciate it.

I don't think I'll buy this again, I like Lush masks and other more gentle masks more.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a HUGE tub of this off iHerb 4 years ago and I still use it - it's my HG mask. Mixing a fresh batch of clay mask each usage is awesome in my opinion - no extra ingredients needed, no preservatives, completely customisable. This tub will last me another 10 yrs and my daughter will probably use it. I keep it stored in a cool dark place but the screw on lid seems fine. Packaging is plastic and cheap but effective. Not expensive at all! For anyone disliking this, please try it with apple cider vinegar as the liquid. I ran out and mixed it with water and its crap. Somehow the vinegar turns it into a mousse texture and it exfoliates as its sucking all the gunk out of your pores. I have not bought any masks since I bought this as I just don't need to. Mixing your own does cause some wastage because takes time to figure out exactly how much powder to use vs liquid. But it's still uber cost effective! I mix it in a little glass bowl that I keep in the bathroom. It's hard to remove for a clay mask as it can be applied thickly so I hop in the shower to wash off. Do it at the same time as a hair mask! I used to do this weekly but forget a lot of the time now. But when I remember and do it, my pores are so minimised they're almost gone. It's truly magical. Also I used to have oilier skin and it was great. I'm now combo/normal and it's still fine. I have left it on for up to an hour to really feel the sucking feeling but it's recommended to only leave for 15 mins. When you wash it off you'll see red marks as if you took a vacuum cleaner to your face but they go away. The sucking feeling can be addictive to those who really like a product to feel like it is doing something.

Edit: I bought a weird apple cider vinegar with honey in it - not a substitute! Doesn't create a mousse and no sucking feeling! Stick with normal apple cider next time

on 3/12/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

THIS IS SUPERB!!! First time, I mixed it with apple vinegar, well the smell wasn't good but this mask is even better than my glamglow youthmud. My blackhead and whitehead seem disappeared. And the price is cheaper than any masks.

on 2/8/2016 10:38:00 PM

This works so amazingly that my skin feels like a baby's bum! Only complain that it's such a pain to remove and also I prefer face mask that are not in powder form but that's just because i'm lazy! Other than that I will definitely repurchase EVERY time i run out but that won't be anytime soon because it has so much product to last you probably a year or even more. Definitely worth so much more than the amount you pay for!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! It's dirt cheap for how much you get and how effective it is. I have very dry, acne-prone skin with larger pores and many acne scars. I use this product with water for a weekly face mask and I'd have to say it's my HG skincare product. It itches when you put it on, but for me that's tolerable for the results you get. It gives your skin that tight, clean feeling but I know it's safe because it doesn't use any basic soaps. Also, for me it seems to melt away (?) my dry patches when I rinse this off. Any flaking skin I have (usually due to acne drying creams) turns to a white mush when I splash my face with water, and then rubs off easily with a soft washcloth. This stuff is pure magic. I've been using it for 3 months now and my skin has never been so smooth and hydrated looking. It doesn't help or hurt my acne, as I have found.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'v been using this clay mask for a few months now with water & Braggs ACV.

I initially used it with water a couple times & it did help slightly with bringing my pimples to a head, it didn't do much for my existing pimples/pores/blackheads. I figured I would take the plunge & use this with ACV since a lot of people raved about it.

Within a few uses I had small itchy red bumps on my inner cheeks & decided to completely stop using it with ACV & go back to water since it helped a tiny bit.

I used it every night, with water, for 2 weeks with no real improvement in my skin or acne with the exception of some pimples coming to a head. I decided to try with ACV again, but I diluted it with water. I would scoop out the bentonite clay into my bowl, pour enough ACV to break up 50% of the clay & added water to fully "saturate" the clay to make the consistency for my mask. Once again my face broke out in those tiny, itchy, red bumps on my inner cheeks.

It's been about 6 months since I start using this mask, only with water now, anywhere from 1-3 times a week with no real improvement on my skin. I spilled some of this clay before cause I accidentally knocked the opened container into the sink so there isn't much left at the bottom of this container. Once I use it up I don't think I'll buy it again. I'm considering trying the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. My younger cousin who's going through some hormonal/teenage acne has been using it & I've seen his skin slowly clearing up (although he is using other acne products)