Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 1/12/2018 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yessss. I've been using this for years to help my acne. It really makes a difference for me. It dries like cement and that's my only complaint. Will purchase again and again.

I´ve used this only once but I have to say, it´s GREAT for oily skin.
My skin is the oiliest, seriously. I need to blot less than an hour after washing my face.
I used this mask on my t-zone only and my skin has been wonderfully matte for the last 2 days, it does feel tighter than usual but hey, i´d never makeup could last this long on my face so I love it :D
I feel the need to mention though, it´s called Aztec Secret and the label has a picture of a pyramid that´s in Chichen Itza, which is Mayan, not Aztec (fun fact, lol).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

I love to use this to reset my skin from the chemical it gets from all the makeup and skincare. Definitely detoxifies the skin and leaves it clean. I would recommend to use an extra hydrating moisturizer tho as it tends to dry out the skin after use. This mask is best mixed with apple cider vinegar AND honey.

This mask is my life saver. I know this sounds crazy but let me tell you my little story why: I have combo skin, and I suffer from several pimples from week to week. Last week I did a stupid thing: I thought baby powder would help drying out my pimples. On two following nights, I applied a generous layer of baby powder with a Beauty Blender on the areas where I had pimples or little bumps. I went to bed without removing the powder. After those nights my skin texture changed. I had bumpy skin texture all over my face and my skin changed from combo to dry skin. Foundation showed up in a horrible way, I couldn't wear it since my skin has become sensitive and so dry like I've never experienced it before. It was horrible since I didn't know what could help me fast. Then I thought about this product and its effect. I applied this clay with apple cider vinegar to my face, removed it with warm water after it was dry on my face and applied a rich moisturizer. Day after day my skin texture felt smoother, like it would become my old skin again. Today, I can confirm that one use of this mask brought back my beloved smooth skin texture. I'm so glad I believed the hype about this mask because without it I'd still suffer from my mistake. I've used this mask before this story happened a few times. But this was the the ultimate proof that this clay really works. And I'll never use any other clay mask again (ok, maybe healing earth, maybe). EDIT 11/02/2018 (FEBRUARY): This stuff is addicting. It is that amazing! I have used my big jar and it's empty. It lasted for over a year! And I do not always mix a thin layer. Before I went out of this mask, I bought the standard size on since the big one wasn't available at this time anymore (ugh). But I saw it the other day and bought it even though I have 1 unused standard jar and 1 that is still more than half full. This is a godsend! I use it on my body, too, especially my chest/breasts, feet and underarms. My skin improves use by use and I hope they will never be out of stock in Death Valley because this would be the nightmare of many ASIHC fans.

on 7/2/2017 9:48:00 AM

Of course, nothing 100% works on everybody so I figured I should give the 'other' kind of review to help those who might be a little fearful of how this thing might be too good to be true.

I've very acne-prone, sensitive skin and this mask did as promised and as everyone's raving -- gunk out, healed pimples yada yada yada. I decided to stop after four months of weekly masks because I had a face FULL of scars that I was still patiently waiting to heal, while newer pimples were still coming to surface.

This was the process with EVERY pimple: mask > all sorts of things come to surface > pimple pops (on its own) > pimple heals, bumps go down within two weeks or so > blemishes left > still waiting to lighten after three months

I understand that the skin requires more time to fully heal, but imagine this went on four months in, and my face was at least 50% clearer before I started this mask. Even with moisturizer.etc and even when I had the best concealers on, my skin looked so torn apart, dull and was obviously begging for a break. I took that as a sign to stop.

My suggestion is that if you've a very bad case of acne, don't put all eggs in one basket: try it out on one spot for a month or two before deciding if you are able to commit. This is a cult product because everyone can claim its detoxing effects; it breaks everyone's face out, it heals everyone's pimples -- but the aftermath is subjective to your own skin.

I'm now working with my dermatologist to clear everything up and have used the mask in different areas as I don't wanna waste it. I've found that it works very well on the armpits (all the gunk's out in 20 mins!) and gets rid of dead skin on the body, so rest assured nothing's gonna go to waste regardless ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has done wonders for my skin! I use it once a week and it shrinks any existing pimples, prevents breakouts, and cleans out my pores. It leaves my skin feeling clean, which I love in a mask. It also fades my dark acne marks. It won't make them go away after one use, of course but it will help them heal faster. The only problem I have with this mask is that it can be a little painful when it dries. It feels as if it is pulling and tightening my skin. I can stand the feeling but towards the 10 minute mark it can get intense. But, for what it does to my skin I can endure the uncomfortable feeling for 20 minutes. I would recommend this product for people with acne and occasional breakouts, you will see amazing results.

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not good not bad

on 6/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Everyone raves about this product but I don't see the reason to by this somewhat expensive clay. I made the mask but afterward, my face felt splotchy and red and stiff. A few days later my face felt fine and my acne substained, I just could not give any more stars than what I have given just because of what happened afterward.

on 5/26/2017 12:56:00 AM

Oh la la, I found solution for my forever pimple face, I have used aztec clay mask + ACV for a month now, twice a week, 10min each time, I can clearly see my acne has gone 90%, some small pimple still there but much better than before, I have tried over the counter products but nothing work, Aztec clay mask is a treasure for me now, more over it is cheaper than expensive product I had tried even Glam glow mask. Only note that I would share is you need to test few time to find out best duration of time you leave the mask on your face, it is also depend on the texture of mask you make thick or liquidity mask so adjust time accordingly, first I leave it 20min and it make my skin supper dry & flaky, later I leave only 10min and seems my skin love it, noticeable pimple & black head has gone is a good sign for me. Good luck for anyone still struggling with acne.