Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 5/17/2018 2:29:00 AM

I use this mask at night around 2 times a week with ACV & leave it on till its fully dry which takes around 45 mins, I then remove this with a warm wet face cloth.

First impression is that once I wash this mask off my face is bright RED and dry, my pimples look irritated and when I use toner (Son & Park Beauty Water or rose water) it stings all over. Though miraculously when I wake up the next morning my skin looks lush, much more brighter and 'glowy' as opposed to the days I don't use this mask, the redness is completely gone, my skin feels really soft and my pimples are smaller; though this mask only helps me with those slightly larger painful pimples, whiteheads & those annoying stubborn small spots on the forehead, this does not in the slightest help with blackheads. I have noticed that scaring from acne goes much quicker although I wouldn't put all credit into this product but into the moisturiser I use after I use this mask (rosehip oil). This mask is very very drying you have to use a moisturiser afterwards, I did the mistake of not doing this at first and woke up with my nose peeling & some dry areas on my cheeks.

I have used this for over a year, I really recommend this product to anyone that wants a powerful treatment against acne. I have no pimples now, I just get the occasional one around my time of month which is fine as after using this product it will disappear within 3 days or so. I wish this product came with a plastic scoop though since I almost always make more than I need.

on 5/12/2018 2:02:00 AM

I applied this aztec indian healing clay on my face. I mixed it with ACV and rinse it after 25 minutes. It made my face red especially on the left side of my face so I am not continuing it. It's a little bit itchy too. It's not worth the hype. Use it at your own risk.

on 4/29/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Huh. My niece and I tried this out recently and I don't really see what the buzz is about.

You mix equal parts water with this clay powder, and all I have to say is that it's easier hand-whisking egg whites to stiff peaks than mixing water with this stuff. You'll get pellets of powder that refuse to make an even consistency.

With it on - I don't know? It feels like wet mud, which it basically is. After rinsing it off, my skin felt dry and tight - which isn't a plus for my already dry skin type. Definitely had to moisturize immediately after.

This product is skippable.

I read many good reviews of this product and they recommended to use this with ACV. I used it for the 1st time and it made my skin tight and itchy (plus) smell is awful. My mom and bro can't stand with that smell. ok leave it for a while. After mixing this clay mask with ACV and applied it on my face without eyes and lips area. I waited for to dry it out and then I washed it off with lukewarm water. After washing off, my skin was getting red. so, I applied loads of moisturizer and let my face then cool. I feel still confident bc a lot of people said that product works well on their skin. After one or two days, acnes are appeared on skin and my skin suddenly change to very oily skin. I won't recommend for this product if you are sensitive to clay mask or if you don't have any acnes or pores, try another mask. this one is really awful for me.

on 4/25/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for... a good six months or so now and I bought it with the intention of using it weekly. I was wanting it to help with my oily, acne-prone skin. At first, I used it weekly but because I am a lazy, I use it a lot less now which I think is actually better for me. I use it about every 2 weeks or once a month. I mix it with equal parts ACV and sometimes a small spoonful of manuka honey (which has antibacterial properties).
It was definitely a process to get the hang of how to use it in the most gentle way possible. I leave it on about 10 minutes just until it gets hard, and I remove it with a warm/hot washcloth. I tried washing it off with just warm water, washing it off with face wash, and the washcloth is what works best and is the least harsh on my skin.
I have noticed it reduce my active pimples, and it seems to reduce the appearance of my pores as well. I also feel my skin more plump afterwards. It also helps reduce my clogged pores.
For sure, I think it's too harsh for dry skin. It works for me, and I would repurchase it but the jar is so big that I don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.
I also have to note that I think the name of the product is cringe-worthy but not that it really matters.

on 4/24/2018 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

firstly, the packaging is sturdy and the price is fairly reasonable - $17 for 908g; you'd only need about less than 5g per usage too.

also, in case if you didn't know it is called the world's most powerful mask because it literally makes your face pulse (also when u wash it off expect ur face to turn red for a while), that's all.

how i used this mask was as directed - 1:1 ACV & this and i left it on for 15-20minutes.

THE REVIEW:

now, why two stars? initially i only wanted to give a star, but i realised that it has helped my forehead clear up almost instantly whereas very painfully broke my cheeks and temples out; i have never broken out this badly before, and i did this mask 2 times in a span of 3 weeks (once a week, rest one week, did it again on the third week) on two Sundays to confirm that this was the product that caused me to break out. note that my nose doesn't really break out and also my chin it's in its own world, nothing will cure the pimples but nothing would inflict more damage. so what happened to the affected areas??

THE GOOD - my forehead
this mask instantly cleared my forehead up (well, almost). what was on my forehead was those little pesky bumps that never goes away, i think loads of people understand what i'm saying. so if your problem is that, this mask is for you! however, note it's only for the multiple tiny tiny bumps.

THE BAD - my temples and cheeks
woah, if only i could insert a photograph on my cheeks. my cheeks are very prone to whiteheads and pimples but i don't get acne - if i do it's only during that time of the month where i will get around 3. if not on usual days it's just plenty of whiteheads that will never come out; these bumps are like the ones on my forehead but a lot more bigger and irritating and they really make my face look extremely dirty under light. i have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks as well as some pimples but nothing too serious. for my temples, i have hyper pigmentation, whiteheads and though not all the time but pimples there too.

so now that i have described my skin issues (FYI i have oily, fair skin and i'm 17 for those who are curious) if you have these issues i would recommend you to stay far far away from them. but that's up to you of course hahaha

what happened was after the mask as said my face was red and just like every other mask your face would feel clean. however at night (i applied it in the afternoon) i noticed my face breaking out and in the morning it was so bad. i had ACNE on my cheeks and it hurt sooo bad, my hyper pigmentation become extremely red - redder than ever and i grew even more whiteheads! my skincare after the mask was toner and moisturiser btw so nothing too crazy but enough to supply back what was lost in my skin after the mask. i grew pimples as well. it's just so bad. however i'm letting my skin rest and it's healing already so that's good (i used a cotton pad face cleanser).

so yes, to conclude:

buy this if your problems are those little pores that are clogged (oh i forgot to mention my forehead doesn't get acne or pimples but whiteheads are possible)

if not, don't bother

thanks for reading, let me know if this review was helpful ❤️

on 4/17/2018 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! I try to use this once a week, I find it really helps exfoliate and brighten my skin. If I’m having any problem areas this usually helps tone it down. It smells funky when used with apple cider vinegar but totally worth it. A little goes a long way. After it begins to dry you can feel the pulsating which I really like. You’ll notice a bit of redness temporarily afterwards but it goes down pretty quickly.

on 4/5/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to make masks for my family's skin and hair. I have natural hair as does my daughter but my son and fiancée use it as well. The hair mask I make using this clay (with water, apple cider vinegar, and a variety of oils - castor, jojoba, almond, and avocado) leaves the hair super moisturized. I have very sensitive skin so I haven't used it on my face but my children and fiancée have and they love it. I would recommend the hair mask for anyone with dehydrated hair. Use it once to twice a week for best results and you will see a change in the way your hair looks and feels.

on 3/22/2018 3:19:00 PM

The product lasts a long time which is great, and it’s nice to mix it with vinegar or honey or other things to create a DIY mask depending on your needs but I wouldn’t call it a miracle mask. Great for the price though. You can feel your face pulsing while it dries.

Bought this because it was so hyped about and said to do miracles on your skin. It hasn't changed my skin what so ever. I have a lot of acne and blackheads on my face and thought this would help me clear my skin more. After using it for 1-2 months I've seen no difference. I mixed equal parts clay and apple cider vinegar and left it on for about 20 minutes. The only thing it did for me was making my skin super soft, which is nice, but it's supposed to do more than just that. The good thing though is how much product you get for a good price. This will last you for months and even years (if it works for you)!