Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/5/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to make masks for my family's skin and hair. I have natural hair as does my daughter but my son and fiancée use it as well. The hair mask I make using this clay (with water, apple cider vinegar, and a variety of oils - castor, jojoba, almond, and avocado) leaves the hair super moisturized. I have very sensitive skin so I haven't used it on my face but my children and fiancée have and they love it. I would recommend the hair mask for anyone with dehydrated hair. Use it once to twice a week for best results and you will see a change in the way your hair looks and feels.

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.

on 7/22/2013 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is one of my *favouritest* products EVER. I'd use this about once or twice a week, and this clay would just clear up all the dry flakes and about 90% of my congested pores (there are always those nasty ones that only the Biore strips could help). Also, those red spots that you just *know* will be giving you acne hell in a day or two unless you do something about them, this product will definitely help you in clearing them up. And also, this product is definitely so NOT expensive!!! For under $10, you have this quantity that would last for about 9-12 months, as you'd need just a spoonful of it, which you can then just mix with regular water. Loves it. No weird flowery scents, no stinging sensations, just great, pure clay product. Super highly recommended, even for those with highly sensitive, acne-prone, easily clogged-up skin such as mine!!!

on 7/16/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The drawing power of this stuff was proven to me after I put it on a brown recluse bite that was getting hugely infected on the side of my knee. I was about to head to the doctor, but tried this instead. I covered the whole red area with a thick layer of this stuff and put a big waterproof bandage over it to keep it moist. It pulled out the whole infection in about 24 hours. It saved me from needing antibiotics and a huge doctor bill (or possibly worse...just google pictures of staph infections from a recluse bite! Ugh!). I know this is a gross story, but I wanted to get it out there that this can be used for more than just beauty purposes.

I do use this as a face mask, as well, and find that if I use it around my "Time of the Month," it completely eliminates and prevents the blemishes I usually get around my chin and jawline. Yes, it leaves your skin red for an hour or so, but the benefits are totally worth it.

on 7/1/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this mask as a replacement for evanhealy's Green Tea Clay mask and it failed. First of all, the packaging is not very convenient, but most powdered masks are packaged in jars, except this big, bulky, plastic jar is not easy on the eyes like others. Second and most important, this clay is just a nightmare to prepare. I took about a teaspoon in the palm of my hand and added an equal amount of water to it. As I mixed, I noticed it began to clump up and ball into small dry clay bits so I added more water and it just became more and more clumpy but water-y. It was a mess and impossible to apply to my face. So I removed it with tissue and threw in the trashcan, as I read a reviewer mention it can clog pipes.
After using EH's Green Tea mask this not only pales in comparison, but fails to an ultimate low. I've never tried a powdered mask like this one. It was rather strange when it clumped up and became hard to dissolve for a creamy paste application.
So I would not recommend this mask.

Update: I've changed my rating for this mask because I now use it only with Apple Cider Vinegar and it works fantastic. I think the label states you can use it with water, but I do not think that's optimal as it clumps and does not spread easily. The ACV gives it a bit of an expanding, foamy action and the clay becomes easier to apply on face. Of course, like any clay, this can be a bit drying therefore, it is important to moisturize afterwards. I will use it more often when temps are higher, in the colder months I use Now Foods Moroccan clay. The big container makes this a very good value.

on 9/18/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my old usual mask, Queen Helene Mint Julep. I just don't like using products with added fragrance or color. This fits the bill. Its the same clay you find in almost all commercial clay masks, with the benefit of it not having anything else. I make mine with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and a dollop of honey. I find that the honey keeps it from being to drying, plus honey is a great natural humectant and has anti-bacterial properties.

I leave it on about 20-30 min and then wash off. I find that the best way to get it off is too thoroughly wet the face, let the water soak into the mask and then gently scrub it off the face. You will get the added benefit of exfoliation.

This also works as a hair mask, which I had read about as a way to deep clean the hair and scalp. It really works. Wet you hair, towel blot and mix up a generous amount of mask. my hair is about 3 inches past my shoulder and I used about 1/4 cup of the clay powder added to 1/4 cup mixture of half water/half ACV and a tablespoon of honey. I may also add a little more water as I like this thinner than the mask I make for the skin.

Section off the hair. I make 4 sections. Work the mask into the hair in scalp making sure it is all coated. You can find some youtube videos on how to do this if you look up "clay mask for hair". I then wrap my head up in a plastic bag, and cover with a towel. You don't want this to dry. Leave in about 20-30 min and then rinse thoroughly. I wash it out with Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner. But a conditioner wash with a cheap conditioner like Suave Coconut will work too. Don't use a traditional shampoo, its too drying. I find that I restore my hair softness faster if I do an ACV rinse after washing it, but its not necessary though your hair may feel a little stiff if you don't. Follow with a deep treatment. I like Curl Junkie Curl Fix, and I leave it overnight on the day I do a clay mask. Then next morning I rinse and style as usual. My hair will feel lighter, have a lot of shine and be very clean.

on 2/2/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I have combo skin and over the past year, horrible breakouts. This is the first thing I've used that actually seems to be working. After I wash, I mix w/ apple cider vinegar to a paste consistency. Apply to face (I only apply to jawline and cheeks...forehead and nose are drier), wait 20 min and rinse off with cool water. After the redness is gone (about 30 min) I apply Differin gel. By the next morning, any blemishes are dried out. This is when I use a good moisturizer with salicylic acid. Things are starting to look better for my skin finally!