Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.1

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As someone with congested, sensitive skin, this clay mask has been a wonderful occasional revival treatment for me. I don't get a lot of breakouts, but my cheeks and chin are prone to small clogged pores while the sebaceous filaments on my nose sometimes feel rough and appear raised. I feel so lucky that local health stores carry something dirt-cheap and reliably effective!

I have been using this product whenever my skin needs some serious cleansing(about once a month, sometimes longer) and it has worked wonders. I don't know if my skin could handle using it more often than every week or so, but when I do get the chance to slather this on, I'm always excited for the smooth, glowing skin the mask leaves behind. It is a beautiful thing.

In case anyone is looking to use this for the first time, a helpful tip is to use a warm, very wet paper towel or washcloth and press it against your face to loosen the hardened clay before attempting to rinse clean. It isn't easy to just splash this stuff away once you've let it firm up for fifteen to twenty minutes and any harsh scrubbing might just end up doing more harm than good.

I highly recommend using apple cider vinegar to neutralize the pH and avoiding plain water. In my experience, the clay powder just mixes unevenly and doesn't have the same toning, texture-refining qualities. If you want to get the most out of this little gem, you'll have to find a non-metal utensil due to metal causing this clay to lose the negative charge that makes it so powerful. It actually sucks the positive-charged toxins from your complexion, leaving you feeling thoroughly detoxified.

I'll repurchase this whenever I run out, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon with the hefty tub six bucks can get you!

on 6/5/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this product out because I saw many videos on youtube on how it can help with acne scars. I have very sensitive skin so when my skin doesn't agree with a product, it's instant breakout. The price for this product was great & so was shipping. Since my skin is very sensitive, I decided to use water instead of apple cider vinegar. I felt more safe with water honestly. I followed the instructions & left it on until it dried. I immediately felt it tightening my face & a little tingle. Once it dried I washed it off & I put a napkin over my sink drain so the clay wouldn't clog it. I was really surprised. My face felt super smooth & it was a little red but it eventually went away. I saw my pores have gotten smaller & all my white/blackheads were gone. My forehead was starting to get really itchy but i thought that was normal. The next morning the itch has spread to the side of my face & around my lips. I was literally scratching every second & didn't know what was going on. The rash went on for a week & a half. I love how this product works & really wanna use it again, it did a good job but I'm honestly scared that it would give me a bad rash again. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this also. It would make me feel comfortable on trying it out again.

on 3/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Tried this the other day with my boyfriend. The texture is thick and smooth to touch, definitely fun to put on and we had a good laugh and some funny pictures from the experience. Results: He liked it, left his skin soft; my skin is sensitive and it broke me out. Not terribly but I have three small new pimples suddenly after having my acne pretty much under control for weeks now. I love clay and am sure it works for some but wasn't my cup of tea.

on 3/12/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

THIS IS SUPERB!!! First time, I mixed it with apple vinegar, well the smell wasn't good but this mask is even better than my glamglow youthmud. My blackhead and whitehead seem disappeared. And the price is cheaper than any masks.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'v been using this clay mask for a few months now with water & Braggs ACV.

I initially used it with water a couple times & it did help slightly with bringing my pimples to a head, it didn't do much for my existing pimples/pores/blackheads. I figured I would take the plunge & use this with ACV since a lot of people raved about it.

Within a few uses I had small itchy red bumps on my inner cheeks & decided to completely stop using it with ACV & go back to water since it helped a tiny bit.

I used it every night, with water, for 2 weeks with no real improvement in my skin or acne with the exception of some pimples coming to a head. I decided to try with ACV again, but I diluted it with water. I would scoop out the bentonite clay into my bowl, pour enough ACV to break up 50% of the clay & added water to fully "saturate" the clay to make the consistency for my mask. Once again my face broke out in those tiny, itchy, red bumps on my inner cheeks.

It's been about 6 months since I start using this mask, only with water now, anywhere from 1-3 times a week with no real improvement on my skin. I spilled some of this clay before cause I accidentally knocked the opened container into the sink so there isn't much left at the bottom of this container. Once I use it up I don't think I'll buy it again. I'm considering trying the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. My younger cousin who's going through some hormonal/teenage acne has been using it & I've seen his skin slowly clearing up (although he is using other acne products)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff! It's definitely not for everyone because it is pretty strong (especially when mixed with raw ACV), but if you don't have super sensitive skin, this works super well for clearing everything up! I've been lucky to not have massive breakouts, but have had problems with lots of tiny clogged pores all over my forehead and general oiliness. I started using this with ACV twice a week a few days apart. Once over my entire face, then again in just my t-zone and chin. I leave it on for anywhere from 15-45 minutes. And yes, it will make your skin pretty red. For some people it might get really bad, but after about half an hour my face was back to normal. all in all, It really helped unclog my pores, reduce general oiliness, and smooth out my skin tone and texture.

This is by no means a miracle product, it really does take time. I was using it for nearly two months before I saw a noticeable difference, but given that time it has changed my skin more than any other thing I've tried! I stopped using it for a month or so just to see what would happen, and my face got pretty oily pretty quickly. It's really cheap and lasts forever, so I would give it a try. If you don't like it, I bet you can find a friend or someone who can use it!

on 1/18/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this both with apple cider vinegar and with just water and I can honestly say this doesn't do anything for my skin except make me break out. I understand that it is designed to pull out any dirt that clogs pores but it just leaves me with redness and eventual scars from the newly formed breakouts. My friends rave about this but I will just stick with my Origins Charcoal mask.

This mask really helps tighten the skin and bring the dirt from your pores to the surface. They suggest to use it once or twice a week but i see the best results when i use it consecutively, like three days in a row. It really helps control acne and blackheads and acts as a great at home facial. I usually wash my face, use the mask, then use blackhead pore strips, apply a salicylic acne treatment and then my face lotion.

I've mixed it with just water and just apple cider vinegar and can't say i can figure out any difference except that my face will be more red after treatment when using the ACV. I stick to the ACV though because it's what it recommends. My skin can get very dry on its own so sometimes if my skin in particularly dry, i'll add some drops of castor oil or jojoba oil into the mix to get some moisture in there.

Love this product, bought it for my mom and my friend too.