Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

1 review

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/30/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have been using this clay as a mask off and on for at least ten years. It definitely gets the job done. I came check out the reviews today because I am considering using it as part of my MU routine to deal with my extreme oiliness (any suggestions?).

However, I'm reading some of the reviews with people giving their recipes for use and I want to caution first time users to think twice about using them. The clay itself is very strong and it can strip the skin when just used with water. That doesn't always happen but if you have never used it and haven't figured out how long to leave it on for the best results and comfort level, you could easily experience redness and irritation. Using just water limits the possibility of harsh reactions.

The side of package does suggest adding ACV and I have done that plenty of times. It works well. But along with removing toxins and debris, the mask exfoliates skin and adding ACV increases that effect. Including essential oils may cause even more discomfort.

I'm not saying not to use them but remember YMMV and just ease into it. The clay will work no matter what you mix with it. In addition to AVC and water, I have used turmeric (great anti-oxidant, anti-irritant), honey, yogurt, eggs, neem powder (excellent antiseptic, anti-bacterial), grapeseed oil and maybe one or two other things. Each has given me the results I was looking for. But I started slowly with just water and worked up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials