Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.2

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/24/2018 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

firstly, the packaging is sturdy and the price is fairly reasonable - $17 for 908g; you'd only need about less than 5g per usage too.

also, in case if you didn't know it is called the world's most powerful mask because it literally makes your face pulse (also when u wash it off expect ur face to turn red for a while), that's all.

how i used this mask was as directed - 1:1 ACV & this and i left it on for 15-20minutes.

THE REVIEW:

now, why two stars? initially i only wanted to give a star, but i realised that it has helped my forehead clear up almost instantly whereas very painfully broke my cheeks and temples out; i have never broken out this badly before, and i did this mask 2 times in a span of 3 weeks (once a week, rest one week, did it again on the third week) on two Sundays to confirm that this was the product that caused me to break out. note that my nose doesn't really break out and also my chin it's in its own world, nothing will cure the pimples but nothing would inflict more damage. so what happened to the affected areas??

THE GOOD - my forehead
this mask instantly cleared my forehead up (well, almost). what was on my forehead was those little pesky bumps that never goes away, i think loads of people understand what i'm saying. so if your problem is that, this mask is for you! however, note it's only for the multiple tiny tiny bumps.

THE BAD - my temples and cheeks
woah, if only i could insert a photograph on my cheeks. my cheeks are very prone to whiteheads and pimples but i don't get acne - if i do it's only during that time of the month where i will get around 3. if not on usual days it's just plenty of whiteheads that will never come out; these bumps are like the ones on my forehead but a lot more bigger and irritating and they really make my face look extremely dirty under light. i have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks as well as some pimples but nothing too serious. for my temples, i have hyper pigmentation, whiteheads and though not all the time but pimples there too.

so now that i have described my skin issues (FYI i have oily, fair skin and i'm 17 for those who are curious) if you have these issues i would recommend you to stay far far away from them. but that's up to you of course hahaha

what happened was after the mask as said my face was red and just like every other mask your face would feel clean. however at night (i applied it in the afternoon) i noticed my face breaking out and in the morning it was so bad. i had ACNE on my cheeks and it hurt sooo bad, my hyper pigmentation become extremely red - redder than ever and i grew even more whiteheads! my skincare after the mask was toner and moisturiser btw so nothing too crazy but enough to supply back what was lost in my skin after the mask. i grew pimples as well. it's just so bad. however i'm letting my skin rest and it's healing already so that's good (i used a cotton pad face cleanser).

so yes, to conclude:

buy this if your problems are those little pores that are clogged (oh i forgot to mention my forehead doesn't get acne or pimples but whiteheads are possible)

if not, don't bother

thanks for reading, let me know if this review was helpful ❤️

on 1/5/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will always have this in my beauty routine. Best mask ever. Better than some high end masks I've tried. No matter what, I always come back to this one. It unclogs my pores, making my skin feel cleaner and looking clearer.

on 7/12/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought into the hype and got this. I was excited for it because people were saying it gets rid of black heads. This mask did nothing for me. I've tried it with water and ACV and I still don't get the results I want. Plus it's such a pain to get off. If it actually worked for me I'd look past that, but it doesn't.

on 1/4/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best product that I have ever used for my oily, acne-prone skin. I have been using it for a couple of years now and it never disappoints. I used to have extremely bad acne and this is the one product that helped turn my skin around. I love that it detoxifies my skin and unclogs my pores. It's also completely natural and inexpensive. It is very similar to the GlamGlow clearing mask but better in my opinion. Whenever my skin starts to break out even a little I immediately reach for this and do a mask. It clears my skin almost instantly.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is amazing ! I seen a vast improvement after just one use. I use a plastic bowl and spoon to mix it (metal should be avoided). You a spoon to scoop out because if you try to pour it out it will spill everywhere. I mix mine with Bragg's ACV but if it feels too strong just use water. Sometimes I add tumeric powder just a pinch which helps to lighten dark marks and remove facial hair. I leave the mask on for 30 mins and you can literally feel it pulling out the toxins. If you have dry skin follow up with a moisturizer it can be a bit drying and use only once per week. If you have fair skin follow up with a toner to remove any tint or residue left. The clay will last you close to forever and works the best to clear my skin next to a large water intake. I purchased it at a natural market in my neighborhood but Whole Foods and Iherb have it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The most intense mud mask you will ever use!! It leaves my skin incredibly soft and shrinks any breakouts that I have at the time. I use it with apple cider, like the packaging says, and leave it on for about 20 mins. It can be a bit painful and itchy once the mud starts to dry on your face because it begins to tighten, and your face might also be red after using this but just apply a good moisturizer and after a few minutes it will go away. Also as a tip for washing this mask off, make sure you do not start rubbing it off right away. You'll want to re-moisten the mud and then rub it off. Another GREAT thing, a little goes a very long way, you'll have mud masks for months, even with the smallest container they sell.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The BEST mask for people with oily skin, and large pores. Dirt cheap too. A tub will last you a very long time.

I mix one teaspoon of the clay with one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar. I mix until I get a mousse consistency. I apply on clean face and let it dry completely. My face feels tight and it pulsates. I remove it with warm water. No need to use a washcloth, it will only irritate the skin. I rinse with cold water and then apply my moisturizer. My face looks red for a few minutes but it goes away. My skin is left glowing.

Nothing shrinks my pores like this mask. I will repurchase this mask over and over again.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
-It's a good bargain for the amount you receive (the stuff seems like it will last forever!)
-Does a great job of deep cleansing the skin
-Pulsating does happen
-Makes skin feel rejuivinated, fresh and VERY clean

Cons:
-It's a pain to make
-Can't put it down drain because it's VERY thick and drain will clog. Therefore makes it a hassle to mix, and wash off
-Didn't really heal any breakouts. Just makes skin feel very clean
-You definitely feel the mask tightening when it's drying, however it doesn't actually "suck" out blackheads/acne/toxins.

I will keep using because one, i have a TON of it, and two, it makes my face feel clean. However, it's not a HG item! Good luck ladies :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Amazing stuff! I love the way this mask make my skin look and feel. Yes, it can be very uncomfortable feeling as you're waiting for it to dry, but it's worth it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted to use this for a while before reviewing this and i can safely say this is the best and most transformative face mask i have ever used!! This stuff is absolutly amazing! And i cant believe how cheap it is! I used to believe the higher the cost of something the better! But with this i now believe the total opposite! Im used to using brand like Sisley, La Mer, La prairie and This is by far my best discovery for 2013!! Since using this I have had NO Break outs! It has evened out my Skin tone and redness on my skin is reduced!! I recommended this stuff to my cousin who suffers from acne and after 1 use the next morning her acne spots were majorly reduced! Not completely gone but SIGNIFICANTLY reduced!! That was just with one use too! I used to use this stuff with water which was great but a bit difficult to mix as it would get clumpy.. Ive recently started using it with apple cider vinegar and it mixes great and i can say it is more intense than using water with it.. I leave my mask on with water around an hour and with ACV about 45mins. You can honestly feel your face pulsate where your blood circulation is flowing throughout your face which has numerous benefits alone! This is the total SH*T!! HG FACE MASK RIGHT HERE!!