Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 10/13/2018 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This clay has been a staple in my beauty routine for many years. I mix a small amount with Apple Cider Vinegar and let it dry after I steam my face first.
Has a extreme tightening effect, pulls white head/black heads out and helps to heal acne. Once a week is best.

on 7/9/2018 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS CLAY MASK! It literally made my skin's condition so much better. My skin is now smooth, soft, supple, glowing, clean and minimized my pores. I use raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered, with the mother apple cider together with it and fizzes right up when mixed and using plastic utensils to stir the clay I use a brush to apply it to my face and leave it on until it dries and cracks. The pulsating effect is real here and feels very satisfying, tightening of the face kinda hurts but very tolerable. I use it 2x a week and sometimes more when my skin is breaking out, dull-looking and stressed. This is the greatest clay mask I have ever used. MUST-HAVE guys! and definitely worth the hype!

on 6/30/2018 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin, mainly my tzone and I get a few pimples and the odd cystic spot.
I saw the rave reviews and I much prefer clay masks for my skin type, so I thought I would try it.
I bought the 2lb/32oz size so it will last ages. I was pleased that the expiry date is 04/2020!
From reviews that I read, people were using a tablespoon, which is 15ml, of equal parts clay and cider vinegar. I tried that and found it to be too much. It was too thick on my face. So I use a dessert spoon amount which is 7.5ml and I found that that is a really good amount for me. It’s easy to mix up and form a good face mask consistency.
I use Aspall, Raw Unpasteurised Organic Unfiltered Cyder Vinegar and contains the Mother.
I mix equals parts in a plastic bowl and use a brush to apply on to clean, dry skin.
I haven’t got sensitive skin so I left it on for 20 minutes the first time I used it but now I leave it on for 25-30 minutes. You can feel the mask pulsating! That amount of time works best for me.
To remove, I wet a face cloth and hold it to my face to wet down the mask and then wash off. My skin is red but not sore or uncomfortable at all. I dry my face by patting lightly with a microfibre towel. Then I immediately apply a thick moisturiser. I like La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume or Nivea Creme, the one in the blue packaging. This works straight away to keep my skin soft and topped up with moisture.
After around 30 mins the redness has gone and I am left with lovely, soft skin. My pores are so much smaller, spots have reduced and continue to reduce and I’m glowing! I also have less spots and much clearer skin in general. I am less oily and more glowing now, which I love. I find makeup applies better and more flawless.
I use this twice a week as it’s more beneficial to use it regularly. This is cruelty free and natural and beats all of the other masks that I have tried, low end and high end. I just love it and will keep using this, it’s a staple in my skincare routine. I would definitely recommend trying it. It’s so worth it and very good value.

on 4/25/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for... a good six months or so now and I bought it with the intention of using it weekly. I was wanting it to help with my oily, acne-prone skin. At first, I used it weekly but because I am a lazy, I use it a lot less now which I think is actually better for me. I use it about every 2 weeks or once a month. I mix it with equal parts ACV and sometimes a small spoonful of manuka honey (which has antibacterial properties).
It was definitely a process to get the hang of how to use it in the most gentle way possible. I leave it on about 10 minutes just until it gets hard, and I remove it with a warm/hot washcloth. I tried washing it off with just warm water, washing it off with face wash, and the washcloth is what works best and is the least harsh on my skin.
I have noticed it reduce my active pimples, and it seems to reduce the appearance of my pores as well. I also feel my skin more plump afterwards. It also helps reduce my clogged pores.
For sure, I think it's too harsh for dry skin. It works for me, and I would repurchase it but the jar is so big that I don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.
I also have to note that I think the name of the product is cringe-worthy but not that it really matters.

on 11/4/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a nice mask: cheap and effective! I wouldn't repurchase because I literally do not think I will ever finish this tub. I mix this with equal parts powder and apple cider vinegar (smells horrid) but this dries quickly to the point where my face won't move. I scrub this off with a washcloth and my skin is left smooth and squeaky clean, as well as donning what looks like a fresh sunburn. I don't think this really DEEP cleans the pores (nothing will touch the ones on my nose) but my skin does feel nice and smooth afterwards. My skin has stayed relatively clear, but I'm not sure I can attribute that entirely to the mask but more so to the creams and serums I apply afterwards. I think this is too harsh to use daily, so I normally try and use it twice a week or so. Overall, a good buy for a good price.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i hv oily skin this prosuct give me 100 % result no oil on face used a twice a week feeling good excellent result

on 8/2/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This clay do what it claims: detoxfying your face and letting your pimples out. However, note that too much of this breaks your skin out. I have irritated skin and breakouts so I use this occasionally. And no, after taking it off, I don't see any smoothness or what. It's just more whiteheads coming out. (Bcoz it pulls everything out). But that's basically it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this on my skin since I was a pre-teen.....and at 37 I still use it once a week. It helps so much with controlling oil, clearing up blemishes, shrinking pores. It saved me as a teenager when I had horrible skin issues. Yes your skin is red for a while after and you need a good moisturizer. Yes it smells funny-it's ACV and clay, so don't expect something that smells like roses. This is a mask, not a facial treatment, so take it for what it is and don't expect it to be like a day at the spa.
I don't think this is for everyone but if you have the skin type it's made for it can be your best friend for skin care.

on 3/6/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am a bit torn about this mask. First the pros - it definitely works for me. I have oily, non-reactive skin and the main concern I have are sebaceous filaments (oxidized oil trapped around a hair follicle/pore) on my t-zone. They look like blackheads, but are different. Anyway, this mask is the only thing that immediately rids me of any appearance of the little black oily dots. The effect stays around for about a week and then I have to do the mask again. Since my face will continue to make the oil and some of it is good and necessary, I accept that the temporary effect of the mask is as good as it's going to get with any product.

The cons are numerous however. The mask is very harsh and drying, especially if you mix it with only ACV as directed. I can never do straight ACV on my face, so I always dilute it with 50% water/50% ACV, it still works and even diluted is very harsh.

It is also very drying, despite the fact that I have very oily and non-reactive skin, on occasion, I felt like it depleted my moisture barrier too much, as I experienced stinging even the next morning.

It smells bad and is very uncomfortable to wear. It smells like ACV and dirt, which is basically what it is. As it dries, there is a very intense pulsating feeling, which I find very uncomfortable. It also stings most of the time it's on and it pulls your skin very tightly, so much so that it slightly distorts my face (especially around the eyes).

It takes a long time to dry and is hard to wash off.

Despite the many cons, I still make myself use this mask every 7-10 days or so, because not having the little black dots on my t-zone is worth it to me. However, if you are sensitive or have delicate skin, I would be very cautious using this.

On a final note, I see suggestions of adding honey to it for a more moisturizing effect. It's true, if you use honey in the mix the mask will not be nearly as drying, but for me, the honey prevented the mask from drying it out properly and pulling out the oil out of my t-zone and it was rendered essentially useless.

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3