Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 11/4/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a nice mask: cheap and effective! I wouldn't repurchase because I literally do not think I will ever finish this tub. I mix this with equal parts powder and apple cider vinegar (smells horrid) but this dries quickly to the point where my face won't move. I scrub this off with a washcloth and my skin is left smooth and squeaky clean, as well as donning what looks like a fresh sunburn. I don't think this really DEEP cleans the pores (nothing will touch the ones on my nose) but my skin does feel nice and smooth afterwards. My skin has stayed relatively clear, but I'm not sure I can attribute that entirely to the mask but more so to the creams and serums I apply afterwards. I think this is too harsh to use daily, so I normally try and use it twice a week or so. Overall, a good buy for a good price.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i hv oily skin this prosuct give me 100 % result no oil on face used a twice a week feeling good excellent result

on 8/2/2017 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This clay do what it claims: detoxfying your face and letting your pimples out. However, note that too much of this breaks your skin out. I have irritated skin and breakouts so I use this occasionally. And no, after taking it off, I don't see any smoothness or what. It's just more whiteheads coming out. (Bcoz it pulls everything out). But that's basically it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this on my skin since I was a pre-teen.....and at 37 I still use it once a week. It helps so much with controlling oil, clearing up blemishes, shrinking pores. It saved me as a teenager when I had horrible skin issues. Yes your skin is red for a while after and you need a good moisturizer. Yes it smells funny-it's ACV and clay, so don't expect something that smells like roses. This is a mask, not a facial treatment, so take it for what it is and don't expect it to be like a day at the spa.
I don't think this is for everyone but if you have the skin type it's made for it can be your best friend for skin care.

on 3/6/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I am a bit torn about this mask. First the pros - it definitely works for me. I have oily, non-reactive skin and the main concern I have are sebaceous filaments (oxidized oil trapped around a hair follicle/pore) on my t-zone. They look like blackheads, but are different. Anyway, this mask is the only thing that immediately rids me of any appearance of the little black oily dots. The effect stays around for about a week and then I have to do the mask again. Since my face will continue to make the oil and some of it is good and necessary, I accept that the temporary effect of the mask is as good as it's going to get with any product.

The cons are numerous however. The mask is very harsh and drying, especially if you mix it with only ACV as directed. I can never do straight ACV on my face, so I always dilute it with 50% water/50% ACV, it still works and even diluted is very harsh.

It is also very drying, despite the fact that I have very oily and non-reactive skin, on occasion, I felt like it depleted my moisture barrier too much, as I experienced stinging even the next morning.

It smells bad and is very uncomfortable to wear. It smells like ACV and dirt, which is basically what it is. As it dries, there is a very intense pulsating feeling, which I find very uncomfortable. It also stings most of the time it's on and it pulls your skin very tightly, so much so that it slightly distorts my face (especially around the eyes).

It takes a long time to dry and is hard to wash off.

Despite the many cons, I still make myself use this mask every 7-10 days or so, because not having the little black dots on my t-zone is worth it to me. However, if you are sensitive or have delicate skin, I would be very cautious using this.

On a final note, I see suggestions of adding honey to it for a more moisturizing effect. It's true, if you use honey in the mix the mask will not be nearly as drying, but for me, the honey prevented the mask from drying it out properly and pulling out the oil out of my t-zone and it was rendered essentially useless.

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3

on 10/26/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product doesn't give me outstanding or noticeable results like it says on the packaging. I bought it after I saw many people's review saying they saw obvious results from the first use.
I don't know if I'm mixing it wrong or something. I use 1 part clay powder to 1 part apple cider vinegar as recommended but the mixture still comes out as a clumpy texture. I use a plastic bowl and plastic mixing tool set that other reviewers suggested to buy with it because using metal destroys the properties in the clay (or something along those lines).
I keep it on for 15-20 mins and while it's drying I do feel that tingling, tightening sensation which makes me feel like, oh shit! the clay mask is working and actually doing something for my face, but after I've washed it off with warm water I feel like my face looks exactly the same as before I used it. I have an oily t-zone but my face is also quite dry. I don't know if the clay clears my pores or anything, my face is still just as oily, yet super dry the next day. I moisturise with an oil free product after each use. My face does feel super soft for a bit though!
I bought this product a couple months ago this year and I've been using it regularly once a week. I use it religiously just because I paid a lot for it and don't want to let it go to waste. The Indian Aztec Clay & the pure Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar came to quite a bit of ££'s you know.
After this finishes I will be looking for another clay that might be more helpful for my skin.

on 8/17/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My oily peri menopausal skin was driving me nuts then I discovered this angel in a pot. I can honestly say my skin has never looked better (sans the wrinkles of course.) To get the true benefits it must be mixed with ACV. It dries down to a rock solid consistency on the face giving a "pulsing" sensation as it does - this is normal. I leave in on for 30 mins (can't take any more than that) then simply rinse it off. Top tip - dampen the mask with water before trying to remove otherwise it can smart! I have spent ££££££ on face masks etc & this is by far the best, and the cheapest. Highly recommend this.

on 6/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

So I have been using this around two years now. I love it it's great and does exactly what it says on the tin. Completely clean skin although i find it does dry the skin quite a bit and is a little harsh so now I'm having a break from it for a while and will probably order again soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mask is crazy effective, lasts forever, and costs almost nothing - all of which make it one of my favorite masks of all time. I bought it on the recommendation of my BFF who is a skin care freak and was not disappointed. It's a green powder that you can mix with any liquid of your choice to make the actual mask; I have tried milk, coconut oil, and water all with great results, but I personally like to mix it with apple cider vinegar for maximum tingling and cleansing. The apple cider vinegar makes a fairly thin mask, so I add more powder than liquid (2:1 or 3:1 ratio) to make a consistency that I like. I let the mask set for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water or a warm wash cloth. The mask mixture has a strong acidic smell with the apple cider vinegar than can be pretty powerful, but it fades as the mixture dries. It fizzes and bubbles as you mix it, and I would recommend mixing it in and with plastic or ceramic bowls/tools so that you don't corrode any metals with the acidic mixture. When the mask is applied it tingles a lot and feels cool, but the tingling fades as the mask dries. It hardens as it dries and makes it a little more difficult to move your face until it's washed off. Once washed off, my skin feels glowy, soft, and exceptionally clean - I feel like my pores are literally sucked clean when it's finished. I cannot recommend this product enough!