Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/19/2017 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i dont think this help with my congested pores. i feel like it dont do anything. it din't really make my skin red at first. but after my first chemical peel, my skin did turn red after using this. i think my skin top layer is mostly dead skin thats why initially before i did any chemical peel it dont turn red. but still my pores still very clogged.

on 8/17/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mask because I can spice it up with tea tree oil, honey, coconut oil or whatever I feel like! It doesn't include lots of chemicals. Just apple cider vinegar and clay. Boom. I love the coldness of the mask when I put it on, kind of like a mousse. My skin feels so soft after. The only negative is taking it off! Plus it can get itchy as it dries. It gets really hard and cracked so taking it off is a bit of a chore but overall I'm pleased with this product.

on 7/2/2017 9:48:00 AM

Of course, nothing 100% works on everybody so I figured I should give the 'other' kind of review to help those who might be a little fearful of how this thing might be too good to be true.

I've very acne-prone, sensitive skin and this mask did as promised and as everyone's raving -- gunk out, healed pimples yada yada yada. I decided to stop after four months of weekly masks because I had a face FULL of scars that I was still patiently waiting to heal, while newer pimples were still coming to surface.

This was the process with EVERY pimple: mask > all sorts of things come to surface > pimple pops (on its own) > pimple heals, bumps go down within two weeks or so > blemishes left > still waiting to lighten after three months

I understand that the skin requires more time to fully heal, but imagine this went on four months in, and my face was at least 50% clearer before I started this mask. Even with moisturizer.etc and even when I had the best concealers on, my skin looked so torn apart, dull and was obviously begging for a break. I took that as a sign to stop.

My suggestion is that if you've a very bad case of acne, don't put all eggs in one basket: try it out on one spot for a month or two before deciding if you are able to commit. This is a cult product because everyone can claim its detoxing effects; it breaks everyone's face out, it heals everyone's pimples -- but the aftermath is subjective to your own skin.

I'm now working with my dermatologist to clear everything up and have used the mask in different areas as I don't wanna waste it. I've found that it works very well on the armpits (all the gunk's out in 20 mins!) and gets rid of dead skin on the body, so rest assured nothing's gonna go to waste regardless ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has done wonders for my skin! I use it once a week and it shrinks any existing pimples, prevents breakouts, and cleans out my pores. It leaves my skin feeling clean, which I love in a mask. It also fades my dark acne marks. It won't make them go away after one use, of course but it will help them heal faster. The only problem I have with this mask is that it can be a little painful when it dries. It feels as if it is pulling and tightening my skin. I can stand the feeling but towards the 10 minute mark it can get intense. But, for what it does to my skin I can endure the uncomfortable feeling for 20 minutes. I would recommend this product for people with acne and occasional breakouts, you will see amazing results.

on 6/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Everyone raves about this product but I don't see the reason to by this somewhat expensive clay. I made the mask but afterward, my face felt splotchy and red and stiff. A few days later my face felt fine and my acne substained, I just could not give any more stars than what I have given just because of what happened afterward.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product because it was recommended to me by a friend. When I have a breakout, I use this and my pimple eventually dries. This product can dry your face so much so use it with caution. 3/5

on 5/26/2017 12:56:00 AM

Oh la la, I found solution for my forever pimple face, I have used aztec clay mask + ACV for a month now, twice a week, 10min each time, I can clearly see my acne has gone 90%, some small pimple still there but much better than before, I have tried over the counter products but nothing work, Aztec clay mask is a treasure for me now, more over it is cheaper than expensive product I had tried even Glam glow mask. Only note that I would share is you need to test few time to find out best duration of time you leave the mask on your face, it is also depend on the texture of mask you make thick or liquidity mask so adjust time accordingly, first I leave it 20min and it make my skin supper dry & flaky, later I leave only 10min and seems my skin love it, noticeable pimple & black head has gone is a good sign for me. Good luck for anyone still struggling with acne.

on 4/9/2017 10:42:00 PM

Ordered on Amazon, took some time to arrive. I have been using this product for over a year now and can really say it works! I mix it 1 tbs to 1/2 tbs apple cider into a mask and leave on for 30 minutes. It dries and cracks and then I really feel the pulsating feeling people talk about. I wash off with warm water and a wash clothes and it exfoliates like no tomorrow! My face will be red for the rest of the evening but with a good overnight cream my skin is great the next morning. It has reduced my oily skin, black heads and pimples. I stopped using it for two months and all those things came back. Will continue to use, also because you get such a huge container.

on 1/29/2017 11:04:00 AM

Review #1. Used it for 3 weekends (once a week) and still see no effect. There was an initial breakout when I used it (not too many but I can feel the bumps) Not sure if bumps and pimples are work stress-related. Will post an update here after I use it longer

on 12/15/2016 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This helps my skin clear up!

I mix one spoon of this and 3-5 drops of tea tree oil and it just does wonders.

Your face would literally pulsate if you leave it long but I've read that that does more harm than good so I don't leave it that long.