Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/17/2018 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! I try to use this once a week, I find it really helps exfoliate and brighten my skin. If I’m having any problem areas this usually helps tone it down. It smells funky when used with apple cider vinegar but totally worth it. A little goes a long way. After it begins to dry you can feel the pulsating which I really like. You’ll notice a bit of redness temporarily afterwards but it goes down pretty quickly.

on 3/22/2018 3:19:00 PM

The product lasts a long time which is great, and it’s nice to mix it with vinegar or honey or other things to create a DIY mask depending on your needs but I wouldn’t call it a miracle mask. Great for the price though. You can feel your face pulsing while it dries.

on 3/11/2018 3:29:00 PM

This product feels SO GOOD! I love how tight it makes my face feel. I love how soft my skin feels after. I love how clean my face feels after. I really have to put this in my top 3 favorite face masks. Add this to your weekly routine. I really recommend it. It is so cheap too. One thing I will say tho is please make sure you use apple cider vinegar. Also when your face turns red after don't worry, it's normal. Love this product!

So far so good. My skin felt SO smooth after. I mixed it with slightly more than equal parts ACV. You only need very little powder. The trick is to put it on before you shower, then it comes off really easily. The only thing is, it tightened the skin around my nose and lifted it so while I was using it my nose looked like a piggy nose!!! Did this happen to anyone else?

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.

I´ve used this only once but I have to say, it´s GREAT for oily skin.
My skin is the oiliest, seriously. I need to blot less than an hour after washing my face.
I used this mask on my t-zone only and my skin has been wonderfully matte for the last 2 days, it does feel tighter than usual but hey, i´d never makeup could last this long on my face so I love it :D
I feel the need to mention though, it´s called Aztec Secret and the label has a picture of a pyramid that´s in Chichen Itza, which is Mayan, not Aztec (fun fact, lol).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

on 9/7/2017 12:12:00 PM

This is a powerful mask and I don't recommend it to the most sensitive of skins. When I started using it, I had very durable skin and I thought this was definitely on the strong side.

The price is great and it definitely gives your skin a good clean. I like how it stimulates the blood flow on your face. I almost used to use it as a good exfoliator because it leaves your skin very smooth afterwards, like it's taken away the top layer of dead skincells. I would then use another mask (the Elemis Lavender Repair Mask) and I felt like it sunk much better into the skin and calmed my face down even more.

However, I wouldn't say it does miracles. It did not cure my acne - I actually hardly noticed any difference on the spots and actually worried that this mask was agitating them even more. It did not make all my blackheads disappear. Maybe it made a slight difference, but nothing noticeable and nothing like what a good BHA does to my skin. I would also be cautious to have it on for too long as it can cause whiteheads to rise to the surface. Before using this, my forehead wasn't one of my problem areas, but because I had this mask on for too long (around 20 minutes until it dried), my forehead became really spotty and the only thing that calmed it down was tea tree oil.

These days I only use it on my nose if I want a good spring cleaning on my nose.

I love to use this to reset my skin from the chemical it gets from all the makeup and skincare. Definitely detoxifies the skin and leaves it clean. I would recommend to use an extra hydrating moisturizer tho as it tends to dry out the skin after use. This mask is best mixed with apple cider vinegar AND honey.

This mask is my life saver. I know this sounds crazy but let me tell you my little story why: I have combo skin, and I suffer from several pimples from week to week. Last week I did a stupid thing: I thought baby powder would help drying out my pimples. On two following nights, I applied a generous layer of baby powder with a Beauty Blender on the areas where I had pimples or little bumps. I went to bed without removing the powder. After those nights my skin texture changed. I had bumpy skin texture all over my face and my skin changed from combo to dry skin. Foundation showed up in a horrible way, I couldn't wear it since my skin has become sensitive and so dry like I've never experienced it before. It was horrible since I didn't know what could help me fast. Then I thought about this product and its effect. I applied this clay with apple cider vinegar to my face, removed it with warm water after it was dry on my face and applied a rich moisturizer. Day after day my skin texture felt smoother, like it would become my old skin again. Today, I can confirm that one use of this mask brought back my beloved smooth skin texture. I'm so glad I believed the hype about this mask because without it I'd still suffer from my mistake. I've used this mask before this story happened a few times. But this was the the ultimate proof that this clay really works. And I'll never use any other clay mask again (ok, maybe healing earth, maybe). EDIT 11/02/2018 (FEBRUARY): This stuff is addicting. It is that amazing! I have used my big jar and it's empty. It lasted for over a year! And I do not always mix a thin layer. Before I went out of this mask, I bought the standard size on since the big one wasn't available at this time anymore (ugh). But I saw it the other day and bought it even though I have 1 unused standard jar and 1 that is still more than half full. This is a godsend! I use it on my body, too, especially my chest/breasts, feet and underarms. My skin improves use by use and I hope they will never be out of stock in Death Valley because this would be the nightmare of many ASIHC fans.