Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow!! Just WOW!! This stuff is magical! I use it once a week and a few days right before that time of the month to prevent breakouts. I recommend this to everyone! I mix it with Apple cider vinegar instead of water. the price is amazing and it lasts forever!!

on 9/7/2017 12:12:00 PM

This is a powerful mask and I don't recommend it to the most sensitive of skins. When I started using it, I had very durable skin and I thought this was definitely on the strong side.

The price is great and it definitely gives your skin a good clean. I like how it stimulates the blood flow on your face. I almost used to use it as a good exfoliator because it leaves your skin very smooth afterwards, like it's taken away the top layer of dead skincells. I would then use another mask (the Elemis Lavender Repair Mask) and I felt like it sunk much better into the skin and calmed my face down even more.

However, I wouldn't say it does miracles. It did not cure my acne - I actually hardly noticed any difference on the spots and actually worried that this mask was agitating them even more. It did not make all my blackheads disappear. Maybe it made a slight difference, but nothing noticeable and nothing like what a good BHA does to my skin. I would also be cautious to have it on for too long as it can cause whiteheads to rise to the surface. Before using this, my forehead wasn't one of my problem areas, but because I had this mask on for too long (around 20 minutes until it dried), my forehead became really spotty and the only thing that calmed it down was tea tree oil.

These days I only use it on my nose if I want a good spring cleaning on my nose.

I love to use this to reset my skin from the chemical it gets from all the makeup and skincare. Definitely detoxifies the skin and leaves it clean. I would recommend to use an extra hydrating moisturizer tho as it tends to dry out the skin after use. This mask is best mixed with apple cider vinegar AND honey.

This mask is my life saver. I know this sounds crazy but let me tell you my little story why: I have combo skin, and I suffer from several pimples from week to week. Last week I did a stupid thing: I thought baby powder would help drying out my pimples. On two following nights, I applied a generous layer of baby powder with a Beauty Blender on the areas where I had pimples or little bumps. I went to bed without removing the powder. After those nights my skin texture changed. I had bumpy skin texture all over my face and my skin changed from combo to dry skin. Foundation showed up in a horrible way, I couldn't wear it since my skin has become sensitive and so dry like I've never experienced it before. It was horrible since I didn't know what could help me fast. Then I thought about this product and its effect. I applied this clay with apple cider vinegar to my face, removed it with warm water after it was dry on my face and applied a rich moisturizer. Day after day my skin texture felt smoother, like it would become my old skin again. Today, I can confirm that one use of this mask brought back my beloved smooth skin texture. I'm so glad I believed the hype about this mask because without it I'd still suffer from my mistake. I've used this mask before this story happened a few times. But this was the the ultimate proof that this clay really works. And I'll never use any other clay mask again (ok, maybe healing earth, maybe).

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not good not bad

lets go back to a year ago. i was breaking out (like crazzy) and nothing helped. my father bought this for me on amazon. first off, its not the most nice thing to put on your face. the consisticy was lumpy and slimy. i put it on my face. left it on for 20 minites. washed it off. the pimple on my forhead (that was super ugly and made me look like a ghouel) was not so red anymore and less puffy. you wanna know something? i was with my bestie when i put this on and we laughed and joked about us being wicked witches of the west. 4 stars for the consisisy. oh, and it got mixed with water.

on 6/3/2017 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Got this a few months ago in Toronto after watching and reading tons of reviews. The first time i tried it i only used water and the clay to make my mask and it turned into a lumpy paste. It was very okay to say the least. The next time i mixed it with apple cider vingear?! It was amd has been amazing! It pulls everything out the skin and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh. I leave it on at least 15-20 mins and prefer it to get hard. One of the best masks i have ever used. Great price and tons of product.

The Indian Healing Clay does a good job when it comes to removing the dirt and grease from my face. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh without making it feel dry or irritated. Nice for people with oily and combination skin.

Found this in the health and wellness aisle of HEB for almost $7.00
Lasts for a super long time and you get a lot of product! I don't use measuring spoons or anything, I simply mix a bit of the clay along with a mixture of ACV & water until I get a consistency that I like. It gets super tight and pulsates but it's not uncomfortable at all. Once I'm ready to remove I place a warm wash cloth on top to make the clay easier to remove and thus having less go down the drain. I follow up with my Clarisonic to get everything out of my pores and finish with a good moisturizer or oil.
My complexion is smoother and brighter and I use this once every other week.
*simply shake out the dry clay from your washcloth once it's fully dry.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Such an amazing mask! I've had great results using this. My skin is left so smooth & soft, the next day my face is looking healthy & glowy too (: This mask brings any clogged pores to a head & they heal so much faster! I use 1 tsp braggs apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp water and 1tbs powder. I leave it on for 45min then rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer. I do this once a week.