Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been wanting to try this mask for a while after hearing all the good things about it. Normally I use Queen Helene or St. Ives, which both contain kaolin clay, so I already know it works. However, Aztec is 100% kaolin and contains no parabens or preservatives, and you mix it yourself with equal parts of either water or ACV. I already use ACV on a regular basis as a toner and it does wonders for cleaning out my pores and evening out my skin, so I assumed it would be even more effective mixed with kaolin. Oh boy, the reviews are right! This mask is powerful. You can really feel it cleaning your pores. It smells horrible, but then again so do Queen Helene and St. Ives, and that's how you know they work! The mask hardens after a few minutes, so much so that your face feels like it's covered in concrete, but it's a good feeling, especially around the eyes when you haven't slept well. The drying of the mask is what makes you feel like your face is "pulsating", and it just means that the clay is drawing out the gunk (bacteria, sebum, old makeup) from your pores. After a while, it will start to crack and your face will resemble the Salt Flats of Bolivia. But when you wash off the mask, you're left with baby-soft skin! Yes, your face will be red at first and you will have to moisturize, but the deep-cleaning action of the mask is what helps clear acne and reduce the size of your pores. I'm trying it also as a spot treatment for cystic pimples, since I know it works with the other masks I mentioned. Just dab a bit of tea tree oil on the pimple and cover with a tiny bit of this mask, leaving it on overnight. The oil will kill the bacteria and the clay will draw it out. It should be tame in the morning, no need for acne meds or harsh ointments!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference- my skin is normal with an oily T-zone at times. I don't think this mask lived up to the hype or at least up to all the glowing reviews on Amazon. Yes, it makes your skin pulsate, but aside from that it seemed average. It's pretty similar to other masks in terms of soaking up oil and maybe leaving your skin a little smoother afterwards but nothing exceptional. A personal preference- I decided I don't really like mixing with another ingredient (you can either use water or apple cider vinegar according to the package), it's just another step to deal with. I also don't like the smell of this stuff either. I don't need my masks smelling like flowers or anything, but this was a little too earthy and muddy for my liking so it definitely doesn't help the experience. I have a lot of it left and am looking to give it away, not worth it for me to keep.

I only can confirm what everyone is raving about: This stuff gives you a better skin condition.
What I achieve by using this 5-6 days a week:
- glowy, smooth skin (that wasn't possible before)
- bye bye pimples (this takes about 3-5 uses to get rid of them)
- extraction of whiteheads works like a charm now (you still have to use tools to get them outta your pores, though)
- no dryness, less oily skin
- less need of concealer/foundation because skin gets better and better (yessss, I can focus more on my eyes and lips now)
- confidence rises.

The price is amazing! I could imagine an expensive brand charging about 50$ for being the same product.

I recommend using raw apple cider vinegar. Apply a thin layer (I use 2.5m l/ 1/2tsp of the powder and 2.5ml / 1/2tsp of apple cider vinegar) and remove when you have enough of it or til it's dry everywhere where you applied it. A medium or thick layer needs more product, more time to dry and is harder to remove. So it's true, use less, win the most!

PS: Nardo Visgo has an amazing set for measuring spoons: their 10-Piece Thickened ABS Plastic Measuring Spoons/Cups Set on amazon. I bought it with my own money, without recommendations or codes (yes, this ain't an ad). I even bought it another time after a week.

on 5/17/2018 2:29:00 AM

I use this mask at night around 2 times a week with ACV & leave it on till its fully dry which takes around 45 mins, I then remove this with a warm wet face cloth.

First impression is that once I wash this mask off my face is bright RED and dry, my pimples look irritated and when I use toner (Son & Park Beauty Water or rose water) it stings all over. Though miraculously when I wake up the next morning my skin looks lush, much more brighter and 'glowy' as opposed to the days I don't use this mask, the redness is completely gone, my skin feels really soft and my pimples are smaller; though this mask only helps me with those slightly larger painful pimples, whiteheads & those annoying stubborn small spots on the forehead, this does not in the slightest help with blackheads. I have noticed that scaring from acne goes much quicker although I wouldn't put all credit into this product but into the moisturiser I use after I use this mask (rosehip oil). This mask is very very drying you have to use a moisturiser afterwards, I did the mistake of not doing this at first and woke up with my nose peeling & some dry areas on my cheeks.

I have used this for over a year, I really recommend this product to anyone that wants a powerful treatment against acne. I have no pimples now, I just get the occasional one around my time of month which is fine as after using this product it will disappear within 3 days or so. I wish this product came with a plastic scoop though since I almost always make more than I need.

I read many good reviews of this product and they recommended to use this with ACV. I used it for the 1st time and it made my skin tight and itchy (plus) smell is awful. My mom and bro can't stand with that smell. ok leave it for a while. After mixing this clay mask with ACV and applied it on my face without eyes and lips area. I waited for to dry it out and then I washed it off with lukewarm water. After washing off, my skin was getting red. so, I applied loads of moisturizer and let my face then cool. I feel still confident bc a lot of people said that product works well on their skin. After one or two days, acnes are appeared on skin and my skin suddenly change to very oily skin. I won't recommend for this product if you are sensitive to clay mask or if you don't have any acnes or pores, try another mask. this one is really awful for me.

on 4/17/2018 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! I try to use this once a week, I find it really helps exfoliate and brighten my skin. If I’m having any problem areas this usually helps tone it down. It smells funky when used with apple cider vinegar but totally worth it. A little goes a long way. After it begins to dry you can feel the pulsating which I really like. You’ll notice a bit of redness temporarily afterwards but it goes down pretty quickly.

on 3/22/2018 3:19:00 PM

The product lasts a long time which is great, and it’s nice to mix it with vinegar or honey or other things to create a DIY mask depending on your needs but I wouldn’t call it a miracle mask. Great for the price though. You can feel your face pulsing while it dries.

on 3/11/2018 3:29:00 PM

This product feels SO GOOD! I love how tight it makes my face feel. I love how soft my skin feels after. I love how clean my face feels after. I really have to put this in my top 3 favorite face masks. Add this to your weekly routine. I really recommend it. It is so cheap too. One thing I will say tho is please make sure you use apple cider vinegar. Also when your face turns red after don't worry, it's normal. Love this product!

So far so good. My skin felt SO smooth after. I mixed it with slightly more than equal parts ACV. You only need very little powder. The trick is to put it on before you shower, then it comes off really easily. The only thing is, it tightened the skin around my nose and lifted it so while I was using it my nose looked like a piggy nose!!! Did this happen to anyone else?

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.