Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

on 3/3/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing product, I use this on my face and my back, I have back acne and over the years it left me with scars. I felt insecure about wearing anything that shows my back and I keep my hair long. I was breaking out badly at one point and had to do something so after hearing reviews I bought this and omg it's a god send. I use this with apple cider vinaged once a week on my face and back. I also use this clay mixed with yoghurt, honey, turmeric and leave it in the fridge and use it every second day on both my face and back for 20 minutes. I think the yoghurt helps clear my scars but now I have no more back acne and no pimples on my face. Now just waiting for my skin to repair itself. I'll have to try it in my hair and see how that goes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this multi-use, clay powder! I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a mask, but this deep-cleaning wonder is perfect for me. Clay masks are for drawing impurities out of the skin and this one does just that and it's 100% clay...unlike most other "clay" masks. It's a simple concept but gives great results. The price is excellent and the product lasts forever. The first few uses may cause a few, scattered zits but those are just from all the embedded crud being brought to the surface. To keep it from being too drying, I use a heavy layer of Josie Maran Argan Oil to replenish moisture immediately after rinsing the clay off. Coconut oil works great too. Using it at bedtime allows for the redness to fade. It is AWESOME (and cheap) as a full body mask too. It deep-cleans my back and chest so I rarely have breakouts in those areas any more and the exfoliation keeps me from getting ingrown hairs when I shave. I could go on-and-on with all the uses for this stuff (clay hot and cold packs for sore muscles, clay hair/scalp mask, clay foot soak...etc.etc.) but you'll find your own if you try it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a HUGE tub of this off iHerb 4 years ago and I still use it - it's my HG mask. Mixing a fresh batch of clay mask each usage is awesome in my opinion - no extra ingredients needed, no preservatives, completely customisable. This tub will last me another 10 yrs and my daughter will probably use it. I keep it stored in a cool dark place but the screw on lid seems fine. Packaging is plastic and cheap but effective. Not expensive at all! For anyone disliking this, please try it with apple cider vinegar as the liquid. I ran out and mixed it with water and its crap. Somehow the vinegar turns it into a mousse texture and it exfoliates as its sucking all the gunk out of your pores. I have not bought any masks since I bought this as I just don't need to. Mixing your own does cause some wastage because takes time to figure out exactly how much powder to use vs liquid. But it's still uber cost effective! I mix it in a little glass bowl that I keep in the bathroom. It's hard to remove for a clay mask as it can be applied thickly so I hop in the shower to wash off. Do it at the same time as a hair mask! I used to do this weekly but forget a lot of the time now. But when I remember and do it, my pores are so minimised they're almost gone. It's truly magical. Also I used to have oilier skin and it was great. I'm now combo/normal and it's still fine. I have left it on for up to an hour to really feel the sucking feeling but it's recommended to only leave for 15 mins. When you wash it off you'll see red marks as if you took a vacuum cleaner to your face but they go away. The sucking feeling can be addictive to those who really like a product to feel like it is doing something.

Edit: I bought a weird apple cider vinegar with honey in it - not a substitute! Doesn't create a mousse and no sucking feeling! Stick with normal apple cider next time

on 4/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

This was amazing!!

I mixed it with apple cider. Was a bit tingly but my face is so smooth now.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have a combination dry skin. i have issue with acne scar. i've been using it for 3 weeks. i use it 2-3 times a week for 10mins not more. eventho this mask dries my skin a bit, but i still love it. I think i should use it once a week, since i dont have new pimple anymore (thanks to honey and AVC too)

but i found its really work for small pimple, it makes it dry and heal faster and rarely leave any scar or dark spot after the pimple's gone.

dont forget to use your moisturize after wear this mask. i use aloe vera gel to cool it down ..

on 7/16/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me preface by saying that this is an absolute chore to put on, allow to dry, take off etc but it is the ONLY thing that has ever gotten rid of those hard to treat flesh colored bumps under the skin on my forehead. Sure, the Origins Clay Mask is great for extracting white heads but it does not hold a candle to what this can do. The reason why I can't give it five stars is because my skin gets an extremely itchy reaction while the mask is working its magic - sometimes so unbearable that I have to take it off before it dries completely. Other than that, I would repurchase due to how affordable and effective it is.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

BEST FACE MASK HANDS DOWN!!! This mask does wonders! You can literally feel the mask pulsating and tightening your skin! I use product once during week and every sunday after a long weekend. This mask keeps my face hydrated and fresh. Skin feels incredibly soft after use and looks detoxified. Great investment!

on 4/26/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mask based on the good reviews here. I was hoping it would help settle down the breakouts on my face I get from time to time but also the horrendous bout of bacne I have been battling for over a month now. Got a massive tub of it from Amazon for less than AU$20 inc shipping (can't remember exactly what I paid). I don't know if it is sold in health shops here in Australia but Amazon was convenient and I think it was sold out on iHerb.
Anyway the first few times I tried it I mixed it with water and the consistency was always a bit weird, like it wouldn't mix properly. It did do a good job of calming down my inflamed skin on my face and my back, drawing large under-skin pimples to the surface and getting rid of the crap that had accumulated in my pores.
However, last night I tried it with ACV (just Skipping Girl brand from the supermarket, nothing fancy) and wow! Results were a million times better. The mixture kind of foams up and spreads really easily. I don't think I got any of that "pulsating" feeling but I left it on my face for about 45 minutes, until it had dried, and washed it off with hot water and a face washer. I left it on my back overnight and washed it off this morning. The skin on my face was a little red but quite clear and the couple of pimples I had had subsided in size and in redness. This morning when I woke up my face looked amazing, like my pores had been vacuumed out. My skin was really even toned with no redness and the pimples were flat and far less inflamed. It did bring a couple of little whiteheads to the surface but I wasn't surprised about this. The pimples on my back are way flatter, much less painful and feel like they are on their way to healing. I plan to use this on my back and on the pimples on my face as a spot treatment until they are all healed.
For the price and the effectiveness this stuff can't be beaten.