Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/4/2016 1:27:00 PM

indin

on 8/29/2014 6:15:00 PM

My favorite Mask!

OK, I definitely hear all the reviews talking about how difficult it is to mix up a real paste that can be used as a mask. I've had a tub of this product for about 2 years and have only used it 5-6 times because when I would add water, I would end up mixing... and mixing... and hammering at the lumps in the bowl... and finally smearing what little paste resulted from my efforts onto my face. Disappointing.

HOWEVER, tonight I took a look at some of the positive reviews and I tried the apple cider vinegar. Wow, what a difference! I put the ACV into the bowl first, I added the exact same amount of Aztec Secret and it mixed up like pudding - quickly, few lumps, nice consistency, easy to spread. I also tried mixing it with a plastic spoon, and then a spatula, and so the advice not to use a metal spoon appears to be good advice, maybe. Anyway, I didn't have any trouble with the plastic spoon.

The ACV is a little stinky; not a big deal, since you don't leave it on a long time. For the first time, this product feels like a real mask on my face. Visit the Aztec Secret website and follow the directions - it will cut down on your disappointment. And don't forget - you can always doll it up with a little mint oil, or vanilla, or honey, or something else that smells nice if the ACV really bothers you. Go sparingly - essential oils are deceptively strong and could irritate the skin if used excessively. Good luck!

This mask is amazing! I have used it for 2 weeks and it really calms down my acne.

on 7/20/2009 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like using this with ACV...I have combination and sometimes dry skin and this mask has never dried out my skin and most clay based masks do. I use it once or twice a week for 20 minutes and it really cleans my skin out (blackheads), shrinks my pores and the pulsing is crazy weird, but good. My skin is red after I take it off, but the redness goes away in an hour. I have acne (along my jawline) and it helps with it...doesn't take it away =( It is really cheap and you get a ton, but the container is a little messy...that would be my only complaint about this. Otherwise it is great...great price and product.