Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.2

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.

on 5/2/2017 5:38:00 PM

Standard clay mask IMO. Wasn't blown away by this by any means. Maybe if you have oily or even normal skin, this would be better. However, I have dry skin and this did that no favors. I much prefer the Dead Sea mask over this. I found this very uncomfortable. I ended up giving it to a friend (who doesn't have dry skin, BTW) and she did not really care for it either as she felt the same way about it as I did. (dry and uncomfortable)

on 4/27/2017 2:28:00 PM

Ok, I've used this for about a month now so I figured it was time to review.

I have combination non-reactive skin and get random zits/hormonal acne. With the use of this (currently every third day), I have noticed that my pores on my cheeks and nose absolutely look smaller and it seems to have helped reduce the appearance of random whiteheads. It is slowly seeming to even my complexion out a bit, which is more than I can say for most of the chemical peels I've tried and pretty much everything else under the sun. It's not something sudden, at least for me, but it's a very gradual process that does seem to be getting better with time.

I mix with ACV only, which doesn't seem to irritate my skin, which I know others had problems with. One of the tips I read on amazon was that when you go to remove it, put a warm heated washcloth over your face for about 30 seconds to loosen the clay, then use that to gently rub the mask off. Let the washcloth dry out overnight and crackle the clay out in your grass or whatever, so you don't get it down in your drain, then wash it like normal. Works like a charm! Also, I use the super soft baby washcloths instead of regular ones because they're gentler on my skin.

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

on 9/9/2016 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this package off of amazon for around 7 dollars for a large jar. It is a green powder that you mix with liquid of your choice to make a mask. Here is my favorite recipe:

I mix one tablespoon of aztec with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a half a teaspoon of tumeric. If I happen to have acne I add in either a drop of tea tree oil or toner. You could also mix in rose water.

It foams up and you paint it on your face. The smell is not totally terrible but apple cider vinegar is strong. It will tighten ALOT as it dries. To the point where the mask cracks and you can't talk without moving your face.If you dont like that feeling I suggest moving your face a lot while it is setting so it cant lock in place. Sometimes it is extra strong and I can feel it pulsating (for me personally I take that as a sign it is working!) I leave it on until it is totally dry (usually a half an hour). Then I apply warm water to my face and let it loosen up the mask. DO NOT TRY TO WASH IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING IT WITH WATER FIRST! And do not peel it off. ouch ouch ouch. Then I wash it off. HERE'S the deal... I am fair skinned. I do not dilute the mix with water. After removing the mask, my face is as red as a tomato for at least an hour.

I try to do this mask once a week before bed. When I wake up my skin just looks and feels better. If used regularly it really does diminish dark spots, however, they do appear again after discontinuing. This mask is really really good. And amazing for the price. I dont find it too harsh (breaking capillaries or drying out my skin excessively.

If you have the opportunity to try this mask I highly recommend it. I did see some reviews on amazon where it seems to have bad reviews with some people. If you are worried, definitely spot check first.

on 7/29/2015 10:02:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask and apply it on the regular at least once a week. Put on a favorite show and let it sit usually 30 min, I mix it w milk (lactic acid for exfoliation ) and garlic as well as few drops of fresh lemon juice. Smell doesn't bother me, results are amazing. I usually make a batch of it once a month and freeze it in small bags so that it's not a chore but rather spa like expirience. I think you could come up w infinite recepies but I love this one the best since milk makes it really creamy and lovely to put on. I've tried Bulgarian rose oil and milk too and it's amazing. To note my skin is very acnegenic and this keeps it nice and clear. Five stars all around .

I feel like this REALLY cleans out my pores!
note: I have sensitive, combo skin and this doesnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all!
I've only used this as a face mask & acne spot treatment.
I purchase this at the vitamin shoppe, or order online. It's totally worth it because you get SOOOO much product and only use a little bit at a time. I can barely use it all up before it expires. Considering how much product you get it really isn't a bad price.
I mix equal parts of this powder with bragg organic apple cider vinegar (highly suggest this mixture, it is definitely better than just mixing with water)

I mix it in a bag, then rub on my face and leave on for about 15 minutes.
The sensation is hard to explain, it is like a pulsing/pulling/tightening feeling!! I can't handle it for more than 15 minutes until I have to take off the mask. my face is a little red afterwards but that goes away. I take it off with water then usually use a gentle hydrating cleanser like cerave or even cetaphil, then put on a gentle moisturizer since the mask can leave me dry.
but once I use this, HOLY COW my skin is sooooo clear and I feel like all the gunk in my pores is out. it feels SO CLEAN
once a week I do it all over my face and other than that I use it as a spot treatment or just around my nose/tzone/acne prone areas.
the only cons are the smell, it's kind of messy, takes time to prepare, and difficult to take off. The pulling feeling it gives when it's on your face is odd, but not a big deal. the end result is definitely worth it

IMPORTANT:
When you mix this with water or the organic apple cider vinegar it makes this gross paste. (if you spill some powder, vacuum it up.. do not use a damp towel to wipe it up bc it'll turn into that paste). That paste should NOT be put down your drain. this is why I mix it in a plastic bag, put it on my face via plastic bag so nothing has to be washed. IMPORTANT: when you take off the mask do not let any go down the drain!! I use damp paper towels then throw them in the trash.

I'm so sick of masks not doing anything, so this mask is totally worth the extra trouble. It is more time consuming than squeezing product from a tube and jumping in the shower to rinse off. I'm seriously so lazy but I will definitely spend time on this mask. Once you do it a couple times it's not a big deal
I know it's hard to find, smells bad, you have to be extra careful, can't go down the drain, feels weird, etc but I SWEAR THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH IT. it has made such a difference in my skin. I've stopped using other face masks because this one is amazing. it seriously gets my pores soooo cleaned out. definitely worth it. it's my secret weapon and i highly recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. This. Stuff.

… I've struggled with congested skin for years - the only time I've been truly happy with my face was a two-year stint on a now discontinued birth control. It's not that bad - my pores are small, but each one is clogged with a small grain of sebum or sebaceous filament that I have to manually extract every night. My skin is oily deep underneath, and super-dry on top. Also, since I'm no longer on BC, I get several (read - 3 to 5) cysts that take forever to heal during my period (though Mario Badescu's drying cream has definitely helped.) I've had a little help from MUAC's retinol and Paula's BHA - they make me look fresh, but still - clogs, refilling every day. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing for me - nothing for the clogs, nothing for the cysts.

I'd read about this stuff in a magazine once, but somehow forgot about it. Now, with my skin worse than ever, overproducing oil after a long dry Chicago winter, and too much dairy that made me break out in five major cysts, I decided to go for a clay mask. I looked at GlamGlow, but decided I'd rather spend 70 bucks on a good serum versus a generic mud mask - and then I remembered this stuff.

I used it for the first time last night, and wasn't overwhelmed… It was easy to use (1 to 1 with apple cider vinegar), the pulsating was kind of hilarious (though I couldn't laugh; the mask had stretched my skin SO tight, as if it had been botoxed all over!)... I wiped it off with a warm washcloth, and was more pleased than shocked at the results. My skin looked fresher, it (surprisingly) didn't dry me out, and some small plugs came out easier than normal, but otherwise there were still filaments, a few PMS cysts trying to come out. So I slapped a mini-mask on the cystic spots as a spot-treatment in those areas and left it on for about three more hours.

When I washed that off - I was stunned. The cystic lumps had disappeared. Completely. My skin was a little red, but I went to bed super happy and optimistic, hoping the effect would stick. When I woke up this morning - Oh. My. God.

I was looking at the best skin of my life. No clogs had reappeared. The cystic red spots were gone without a trace. Everything glowed, and my face actually felt lighter, and more supple, where it usually feels weighed down and tired - probably from the excess oil. This is something I plan to use every other day as maintenance, versus a weekly special treatment, since it seems to have absorbed all excess oil from deep inside my skin and actually PREVENTED congestion.

It's so cheap, and there's so much of it, I can't imagine anyone not trying it out. It actually is the miracle for my congestion I've always wanted. HG.