Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

So far so good. My skin felt SO smooth after. I mixed it with slightly more than equal parts ACV. You only need very little powder. The trick is to put it on before you shower, then it comes off really easily. The only thing is, it tightened the skin around my nose and lifted it so while I was using it my nose looked like a piggy nose!!! Did this happen to anyone else?

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.

on 9/7/2017 12:12:00 PM

This is a powerful mask and I don't recommend it to the most sensitive of skins. When I started using it, I had very durable skin and I thought this was definitely on the strong side.

The price is great and it definitely gives your skin a good clean. I like how it stimulates the blood flow on your face. I almost used to use it as a good exfoliator because it leaves your skin very smooth afterwards, like it's taken away the top layer of dead skincells. I would then use another mask (the Elemis Lavender Repair Mask) and I felt like it sunk much better into the skin and calmed my face down even more.

However, I wouldn't say it does miracles. It did not cure my acne - I actually hardly noticed any difference on the spots and actually worried that this mask was agitating them even more. It did not make all my blackheads disappear. Maybe it made a slight difference, but nothing noticeable and nothing like what a good BHA does to my skin. I would also be cautious to have it on for too long as it can cause whiteheads to rise to the surface. Before using this, my forehead wasn't one of my problem areas, but because I had this mask on for too long (around 20 minutes until it dried), my forehead became really spotty and the only thing that calmed it down was tea tree oil.

These days I only use it on my nose if I want a good spring cleaning on my nose.

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Such an amazing mask! I've had great results using this. My skin is left so smooth & soft, the next day my face is looking healthy & glowy too (: This mask brings any clogged pores to a head & they heal so much faster! I use 1 tsp braggs apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp water and 1tbs powder. I leave it on for 45min then rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer. I do this once a week.

on 5/2/2017 5:38:00 PM

Standard clay mask IMO. Wasn't blown away by this by any means. Maybe if you have oily or even normal skin, this would be better. However, I have dry skin and this did that no favors. I much prefer the Dead Sea mask over this. I found this very uncomfortable. I ended up giving it to a friend (who doesn't have dry skin, BTW) and she did not really care for it either as she felt the same way about it as I did. (dry and uncomfortable)

on 4/27/2017 2:28:00 PM

Ok, I've used this for about a month now so I figured it was time to review.

I have combination non-reactive skin and get random zits/hormonal acne. With the use of this (currently every third day), I have noticed that my pores on my cheeks and nose absolutely look smaller and it seems to have helped reduce the appearance of random whiteheads. It is slowly seeming to even my complexion out a bit, which is more than I can say for most of the chemical peels I've tried and pretty much everything else under the sun. It's not something sudden, at least for me, but it's a very gradual process that does seem to be getting better with time.

I mix with ACV only, which doesn't seem to irritate my skin, which I know others had problems with. One of the tips I read on amazon was that when you go to remove it, put a warm heated washcloth over your face for about 30 seconds to loosen the clay, then use that to gently rub the mask off. Let the washcloth dry out overnight and crackle the clay out in your grass or whatever, so you don't get it down in your drain, then wash it like normal. Works like a charm! Also, I use the super soft baby washcloths instead of regular ones because they're gentler on my skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, I should have done my homework in advance before I purchased this product. It's made of the same clay as cat litter!!! Ugh. Allegedly, it's the best reviewed product on Amazon, but the reviews are fake. Anyway, here is a funny article I found on this stuff and company. Who doesn't have a computer these days?

on 3/2/2017 2:57:00 PM

I have sensitive combination skin and am constantly trying new products to find "the one" to help with problem areas and still hydrate my dry, flaky areas. I purchased Aztec Secret a while back because of all the amazing reviews and because I believe in all natural products. First off, in order for it to work you need to combine it with Apple Cider Vinegar and secondly, it gets messy! Although my skin felt clean after, it was very drying and made my flaky areas even worse. It also has an unpleasant smell that I had a problem with. Facials are supposed to be healing, fresh, like a DIY at home spa treatment. No secret here, I think you get what you pay for which is a cheap product touting amazing results that wasn't a winner for me.

on 1/29/2017 11:04:00 AM

Review #1. Used it for 3 weekends (once a week) and still see no effect. There was an initial breakout when I used it (not too many but I can feel the bumps) Not sure if bumps and pimples are work stress-related. Will post an update here after I use it longer