Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.7

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/17/2017 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this mask because I can spice it up with tea tree oil, honey, coconut oil or whatever I feel like! It doesn't include lots of chemicals. Just apple cider vinegar and clay. Boom. I love the coldness of the mask when I put it on, kind of like a mousse. My skin feels so soft after. The only negative is taking it off! Plus it can get itchy as it dries. It gets really hard and cracked so taking it off is a bit of a chore but overall I'm pleased with this product.

on 8/4/2016 1:27:00 PM

indin

on 8/29/2014 6:15:00 PM

My favorite Mask!

I would never have found this stuff without reading about it on reviews on this site. Then, I looked at Acne.org (where it was reviewed highly) and Amazon (also reviewed highly)---there's a lot of consistency. Plus, I found it on Amazon for less than 10 dollars. For the tub you get, this will last you forever.

It does, after about 10 minutes for me, feel like its "pulsating." It also is extremely tightening---to the point that it is a little bit uncomfortable. The directions say to mix it with apple cider vinegar, which I do and do not find to be irritating (though a bit smelly). Organic, raw apple cider vinegar is best with the "mother" still in it as many reviews mention. I notice some reviews say it works with water as well but I have not tried that. I imagine it may be a bit more challenging to mix, as with the apple cider vinegar---it fizzes and makes it easier. Also, the directions say to keep this away from metals (with mixing or storage). I put it in a little plastic bowl and store with a wooden stick.

I was a bit concerned that it would be too drying based on some of the reviews. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I do sometimes get a bit of dry skin afterwards, but if you follow this up with jojoba oil (see the reviews for that with acne prone skin), you can get great results if you are prone to dry skin. It does lead my skin red as it warns that it might---due to increased circulation---so this is definitely best as a before bed kind of thing. The redness lasts a few hours for me.

This pulls everything to the surface---it's like having ultra powerful biore pore cleansing strips all over your face. Highly recommend.

OK, I definitely hear all the reviews talking about how difficult it is to mix up a real paste that can be used as a mask. I've had a tub of this product for about 2 years and have only used it 5-6 times because when I would add water, I would end up mixing... and mixing... and hammering at the lumps in the bowl... and finally smearing what little paste resulted from my efforts onto my face. Disappointing.

HOWEVER, tonight I took a look at some of the positive reviews and I tried the apple cider vinegar. Wow, what a difference! I put the ACV into the bowl first, I added the exact same amount of Aztec Secret and it mixed up like pudding - quickly, few lumps, nice consistency, easy to spread. I also tried mixing it with a plastic spoon, and then a spatula, and so the advice not to use a metal spoon appears to be good advice, maybe. Anyway, I didn't have any trouble with the plastic spoon.

The ACV is a little stinky; not a big deal, since you don't leave it on a long time. For the first time, this product feels like a real mask on my face. Visit the Aztec Secret website and follow the directions - it will cut down on your disappointment. And don't forget - you can always doll it up with a little mint oil, or vanilla, or honey, or something else that smells nice if the ACV really bothers you. Go sparingly - essential oils are deceptively strong and could irritate the skin if used excessively. Good luck!

This mask is amazing! I have used it for 2 weeks and it really calms down my acne.

on 12/14/2006 2:49:00 PM

After reading the reviews here I got curious and went looking for this product. It is currently unavailable in Canada but on my last stop in the States was able to pick it up at the Vitamin Shoppe.
Was it worth it?
Absolutely. I suffer from tiny whiteheads in my chin and around my nose. I mix the Aztec powder with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner and my God, the results are spectacular. My skin has cleared up like never before and justs looks and feels healthy and clear and clean.
The packaging suggests mixing the powder with apple cider vinegar but I think as long as you mix it with anything which is good for your skin to begin with like lemon juice, rose water etc. it should work just fine, depending on your skin type.