Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/25/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for... a good six months or so now and I bought it with the intention of using it weekly. I was wanting it to help with my oily, acne-prone skin. At first, I used it weekly but because I am a lazy, I use it a lot less now which I think is actually better for me. I use it about every 2 weeks or once a month. I mix it with equal parts ACV and sometimes a small spoonful of manuka honey (which has antibacterial properties).
It was definitely a process to get the hang of how to use it in the most gentle way possible. I leave it on about 10 minutes just until it gets hard, and I remove it with a warm/hot washcloth. I tried washing it off with just warm water, washing it off with face wash, and the washcloth is what works best and is the least harsh on my skin.
I have noticed it reduce my active pimples, and it seems to reduce the appearance of my pores as well. I also feel my skin more plump afterwards. It also helps reduce my clogged pores.
For sure, I think it's too harsh for dry skin. It works for me, and I would repurchase it but the jar is so big that I don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.
I also have to note that I think the name of the product is cringe-worthy but not that it really matters.

on 4/24/2018 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

firstly, the packaging is sturdy and the price is fairly reasonable - $17 for 908g; you'd only need about less than 5g per usage too.

also, in case if you didn't know it is called the world's most powerful mask because it literally makes your face pulse (also when u wash it off expect ur face to turn red for a while), that's all.

how i used this mask was as directed - 1:1 ACV & this and i left it on for 15-20minutes.

THE REVIEW:

now, why two stars? initially i only wanted to give a star, but i realised that it has helped my forehead clear up almost instantly whereas very painfully broke my cheeks and temples out; i have never broken out this badly before, and i did this mask 2 times in a span of 3 weeks (once a week, rest one week, did it again on the third week) on two Sundays to confirm that this was the product that caused me to break out. note that my nose doesn't really break out and also my chin it's in its own world, nothing will cure the pimples but nothing would inflict more damage. so what happened to the affected areas??

THE GOOD - my forehead
this mask instantly cleared my forehead up (well, almost). what was on my forehead was those little pesky bumps that never goes away, i think loads of people understand what i'm saying. so if your problem is that, this mask is for you! however, note it's only for the multiple tiny tiny bumps.

THE BAD - my temples and cheeks
woah, if only i could insert a photograph on my cheeks. my cheeks are very prone to whiteheads and pimples but i don't get acne - if i do it's only during that time of the month where i will get around 3. if not on usual days it's just plenty of whiteheads that will never come out; these bumps are like the ones on my forehead but a lot more bigger and irritating and they really make my face look extremely dirty under light. i have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks as well as some pimples but nothing too serious. for my temples, i have hyper pigmentation, whiteheads and though not all the time but pimples there too.

so now that i have described my skin issues (FYI i have oily, fair skin and i'm 17 for those who are curious) if you have these issues i would recommend you to stay far far away from them. but that's up to you of course hahaha

what happened was after the mask as said my face was red and just like every other mask your face would feel clean. however at night (i applied it in the afternoon) i noticed my face breaking out and in the morning it was so bad. i had ACNE on my cheeks and it hurt sooo bad, my hyper pigmentation become extremely red - redder than ever and i grew even more whiteheads! my skincare after the mask was toner and moisturiser btw so nothing too crazy but enough to supply back what was lost in my skin after the mask. i grew pimples as well. it's just so bad. however i'm letting my skin rest and it's healing already so that's good (i used a cotton pad face cleanser).

so yes, to conclude:

buy this if your problems are those little pores that are clogged (oh i forgot to mention my forehead doesn't get acne or pimples but whiteheads are possible)

if not, don't bother

thanks for reading, let me know if this review was helpful ❤️

on 4/17/2018 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! I try to use this once a week, I find it really helps exfoliate and brighten my skin. If I’m having any problem areas this usually helps tone it down. It smells funky when used with apple cider vinegar but totally worth it. A little goes a long way. After it begins to dry you can feel the pulsating which I really like. You’ll notice a bit of redness temporarily afterwards but it goes down pretty quickly.

on 4/5/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to make masks for my family's skin and hair. I have natural hair as does my daughter but my son and fiancée use it as well. The hair mask I make using this clay (with water, apple cider vinegar, and a variety of oils - castor, jojoba, almond, and avocado) leaves the hair super moisturized. I have very sensitive skin so I haven't used it on my face but my children and fiancée have and they love it. I would recommend the hair mask for anyone with dehydrated hair. Use it once to twice a week for best results and you will see a change in the way your hair looks and feels.

on 3/22/2018 3:19:00 PM

The product lasts a long time which is great, and it’s nice to mix it with vinegar or honey or other things to create a DIY mask depending on your needs but I wouldn’t call it a miracle mask. Great for the price though. You can feel your face pulsing while it dries.

Bought this because it was so hyped about and said to do miracles on your skin. It hasn't changed my skin what so ever. I have a lot of acne and blackheads on my face and thought this would help me clear my skin more. After using it for 1-2 months I've seen no difference. I mixed equal parts clay and apple cider vinegar and left it on for about 20 minutes. The only thing it did for me was making my skin super soft, which is nice, but it's supposed to do more than just that. The good thing though is how much product you get for a good price. This will last you for months and even years (if it works for you)!

on 3/13/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new HG! Faster results than Queen Helene's Mint Julep Clay Mask. I used it mixed only with water because I have sensitive skin. Have not tried it mixed with Apple cider vinegar or honey yet, but it already works miracles.

It dried up my small forehead pimple with 2 applications. It also drew out the head of 2 cheek pimples. But it did nothing for my deeper pimples.

I applied a thin layer all over my face to let it dry faster. Letting it completely dry helps to tighten your face and actually exfoliated some of my dead skin which I removed after with tweezers. Perfect pre-extraction mask for easy extraction after. Very glad I tried this. I followed this up with an Innisfree mask for hydration as it can be rather drying. Love!

on 3/11/2018 3:29:00 PM

This product feels SO GOOD! I love how tight it makes my face feel. I love how soft my skin feels after. I love how clean my face feels after. I really have to put this in my top 3 favorite face masks. Add this to your weekly routine. I really recommend it. It is so cheap too. One thing I will say tho is please make sure you use apple cider vinegar. Also when your face turns red after don't worry, it's normal. Love this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I only tried this product because of the hype it was getting. It was sold out everywhere but I managed to snag myself one tub.

The first few times I tried this (I used ACV and leave it on for at least 15 minutes), I didn't see much difference. I felt my face pulsate when the mask was on but I didn't notice anything different the morning after. I was still hopeful because of the reviews it got online. So I basically wanted it to work soooo bad. I started out by using it every day for 4 days then switched to twice a week. I'm on my third week now, and the other night, while I had the mask on, my face felt SOOOO itchy! It was unbearable. The mask has only been on for like 12 minutes but I couldn't take it anymore. When I rinsed it off, my face was super red. There were red patches all over. I figured it will go away eventually but the next morning, I woke up and my face still had the ugly red patches. It seemed like my pimples were irritated :( Until now, I can see red patches, although they're lighter now. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but I'm now scared to use it again.

I wanted for this product to work its magic on me, but I think I'm done trying.

on 2/23/2018 11:39:00 PM

I desperately wanted to like this. The majority of the reviews are so good. I finally managed to clear my clogged pores and control my breakouts, using a very gentle skincare routine. However, I wanted to fade the marks...and fast, so I thought this might help. Now I wish I never tried this product. 2 uses later, my pores are all congested again and I’ve broken out in several large painful bumps, even in places I never breakout. I wanted to make sure it was this mask, so I spaced out the times I tried it, and sure enough, the next day the breakouts & irritation was the same. Never again will I buy into the hype....