Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

HOLY GRAIL! I’ve read so much reviews about this so I wanted to give this a try and it really worked for me. It made my skin look fine and tighter and supple. TIP for acne-prone skin/oily-combination skin: Use apple cider vinegar, activated charcoal powder and tea tree oil with it! I use body shop’s tea tree oil because it helps with the acne! The oil also makes the clay mask’s smell more bearable. This is my go-to skincare product whenever I feel like I’m going to have a breakout. I use this and the bumps would subside a bit, if not completely. Use this once a week. While using it, it is better to wait until the mask dries out!! (Sometimes, it takes me 30 minutes for the mask to dry out). I love this so much because my pores are tighter and my blackheads are gone (i honestly dont know how that works but i am always surprised whenever i wash the mask off and all the impurities subsided) Dont forget to moisturize after using this mask!

on 1/23/2019 11:08:00 PM

WOW THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL! I am on my 2nd tub of it. I started getting bad breakouts when I started grad school and this was the only thing that helped and didn’t irritate my skin. I have the most sensitive skin of anyone I’ve met. I’ve had an allergic reaction to CeraVe and Cetaphil but never this. You HAVE to mix it with ACV and don’t apply it like a normal mask, it needs to be thick. Wait until you can feel it start to make your skin pulse and itch a bit and then wash it off. Your skin will be bright red, but it is the only thing that has worked on my breakouts. It helps get rid of scars and I’ve even used it when my skin is having a reaction. If it doesn’t give you great results the first time, keep adjusting your ACV to clay ratio and how thickly you apply it. It took me a few tries!

on 1/6/2019 4:22:00 AM

I was looking for a cheaper version of my long term favourite- Nu Skin mud mask. This was the most economical with good reviews.
I purchased a small size in a little kit and used it for the first time at about 5pm New Year's Eve. Big mistake!!! While it didn't sting in the slightest, it left my skin bright red! And I mean bright red!!! Needless to say I had to cancel my plan for the night.

I'll try again but I'll mix 50/50 water and ac vinegar and do it before bed.

It doesn't come close to Nu Skin but it's hip pocket friendly so I'll stick with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Who would have that a very simple clay mask sourced from 'Death Valley' could make such a difference? Twice a week I apply a thick layer of this on my face and wait until it's dried out before splashing with warm water and then removing with a damp wash cloth. Sure, my skin looks slightly irritated for 15 or so minutes but give it a couple of hours (or better still overnight) and my skin is at its very best. I follow with a sleeping mask such as PC Skin Recovery Mask which is ideal as no fragrance in it to irritate and locks in any moisture that's depleted after masking.

I mix with an equal part of ACV and water before applying and leave on for a maximum of 20 minutes. Have also tried with cold brewed green tea instead of ACV/water mixture and liked this equally as much if not more so. Pores are smaller, cleaned out and skin smoother too. Any acne seems to dry up in half the usual time. I would only use this if you're anywhere between normal to oily. Definitely wouldn't suggest for dry skin types unless you add honey to the mix but even then don't leave on for more than 5 minutes.

Also be aware that clay although great for puffiness is generally too drying (if left to dry out) to use around the eye area. If using there be sure to spray with a water mist or spritzer and keep it moist, otherwise if it dries out repeatedly every time you use, this could contribute to dryness and fine lines as skin is very thin around eyes. Had to mention as I've noticed some MUA reviewers are using around eye area and probably unaware.

Can't believe I've only just gotten around to using Aztec Secret clay mask now. I never imagined something so basic (it's literally 100% bentonite clay) could pack such a punch. A new staple in my skincare routine!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been wanting to try this mask for a while after hearing all the good things about it. Normally I use Queen Helene or St. Ives, which both contain kaolin clay, so I already know it works. However, Aztec is 100% kaolin and contains no parabens or preservatives, and you mix it yourself with equal parts of either water or ACV. I already use ACV on a regular basis as a toner and it does wonders for cleaning out my pores and evening out my skin, so I assumed it would be even more effective mixed with kaolin. Oh boy, the reviews are right! This mask is powerful. You can really feel it cleaning your pores. It smells horrible, but then again so do Queen Helene and St. Ives, and that's how you know they work! The mask hardens after a few minutes, so much so that your face feels like it's covered in concrete, but it's a good feeling, especially around the eyes when you haven't slept well. The drying of the mask is what makes you feel like your face is "pulsating", and it just means that the clay is drawing out the gunk (bacteria, sebum, old makeup) from your pores. After a while, it will start to crack and your face will resemble the Salt Flats of Bolivia. But when you wash off the mask, you're left with baby-soft skin! Yes, your face will be red at first and you will have to moisturize, but the deep-cleaning action of the mask is what helps clear acne and reduce the size of your pores. I'm trying it also as a spot treatment for cystic pimples, since I know it works with the other masks I mentioned. Just dab a bit of tea tree oil on the pimple and cover with a tiny bit of this mask, leaving it on overnight. The oil will kill the bacteria and the clay will draw it out. It should be tame in the morning, no need for acne meds or harsh ointments!

on 10/13/2018 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This clay has been a staple in my beauty routine for many years. I mix a small amount with Apple Cider Vinegar and let it dry after I steam my face first.
Has a extreme tightening effect, pulls white head/black heads out and helps to heal acne. Once a week is best.

on 9/14/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using the product for over a year now and I decided it's a good time to write a review. I believe this product works exceptionally well at cleaning pores and pulling stubborn zits to the surface, which overall speeds up the pimple process. I believe the key is to try putting the mask on areas that need more attention. I use the mask like a spot treatment and use it twice a day on pesky pimples. You really see a difference after using the mask - the contents of the pimple is pulled up to the surface and creates a bump that was previously within the skin. I find that makes blemish spot treatments more effective when applying them right after the mask. I always mix the mask with apple cider vinegar.

I also use the clay mask on my eyebrows. I like a more fuller looking brow, so I let the mask sit on my brows while I put it on my skin. I find the pulsating properties of the mask to increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.

Overall, it's an annoying process to continually mix the clay with apple cider vinegar, and yes it can be painfu, but you can make a thinner, diluted mask to combat that. I personally feel that the pros outweigh the cons.

Also, just a small thing to consider. My skin has a tendency to be quite fragile and get broken capillaries easily. If you are the same and have areas on your face that have a tendency to have broken capillaries like the nose, make sure to not leave the mask on too long or avoid those areas altogether. The pressure of the mask can create more broken capillaries if you aren't careful.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference- my skin is normal with an oily T-zone at times. I don't think this mask lived up to the hype or at least up to all the glowing reviews on Amazon. Yes, it makes your skin pulsate, but aside from that it seemed average. It's pretty similar to other masks in terms of soaking up oil and maybe leaving your skin a little smoother afterwards but nothing exceptional. A personal preference- I decided I don't really like mixing with another ingredient (you can either use water or apple cider vinegar according to the package), it's just another step to deal with. I also don't like the smell of this stuff either. I don't need my masks smelling like flowers or anything, but this was a little too earthy and muddy for my liking so it definitely doesn't help the experience. I have a lot of it left and am looking to give it away, not worth it for me to keep.

on 7/9/2018 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS CLAY MASK! It literally made my skin's condition so much better. My skin is now smooth, soft, supple, glowing, clean and minimized my pores. I use raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered, with the mother apple cider together with it and fizzes right up when mixed and using plastic utensils to stir the clay I use a brush to apply it to my face and leave it on until it dries and cracks. The pulsating effect is real here and feels very satisfying, tightening of the face kinda hurts but very tolerable. I use it 2x a week and sometimes more when my skin is breaking out, dull-looking and stressed. This is the greatest clay mask I have ever used. MUST-HAVE guys! and definitely worth the hype!

on 6/30/2018 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin, mainly my tzone and I get a few pimples and the odd cystic spot.
I saw the rave reviews and I much prefer clay masks for my skin type, so I thought I would try it.
I bought the 2lb/32oz size so it will last ages. I was pleased that the expiry date is 04/2020!
From reviews that I read, people were using a tablespoon, which is 15ml, of equal parts clay and cider vinegar. I tried that and found it to be too much. It was too thick on my face. So I use a dessert spoon amount which is 7.5ml and I found that that is a really good amount for me. It’s easy to mix up and form a good face mask consistency.
I use Aspall, Raw Unpasteurised Organic Unfiltered Cyder Vinegar and contains the Mother.
I mix equals parts in a plastic bowl and use a brush to apply on to clean, dry skin.
I haven’t got sensitive skin so I left it on for 20 minutes the first time I used it but now I leave it on for 25-30 minutes. You can feel the mask pulsating! That amount of time works best for me.
To remove, I wet a face cloth and hold it to my face to wet down the mask and then wash off. My skin is red but not sore or uncomfortable at all. I dry my face by patting lightly with a microfibre towel. Then I immediately apply a thick moisturiser. I like La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume or Nivea Creme, the one in the blue packaging. This works straight away to keep my skin soft and topped up with moisture.
After around 30 mins the redness has gone and I am left with lovely, soft skin. My pores are so much smaller, spots have reduced and continue to reduce and I’m glowing! I also have less spots and much clearer skin in general. I am less oily and more glowing now, which I love. I find makeup applies better and more flawless.
I use this twice a week as it’s more beneficial to use it regularly. This is cruelty free and natural and beats all of the other masks that I have tried, low end and high end. I just love it and will keep using this, it’s a staple in my skincare routine. I would definitely recommend trying it. It’s so worth it and very good value.