Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference- my skin is normal with an oily T-zone at times. I don't think this mask lived up to the hype or at least up to all the glowing reviews on Amazon. Yes, it makes your skin pulsate, but aside from that it seemed average. It's pretty similar to other masks in terms of soaking up oil and maybe leaving your skin a little smoother afterwards but nothing exceptional. A personal preference- I decided I don't really like mixing with another ingredient (you can either use water or apple cider vinegar according to the package), it's just another step to deal with. I also don't like the smell of this stuff either. I don't need my masks smelling like flowers or anything, but this was a little too earthy and muddy for my liking so it definitely doesn't help the experience. I have a lot of it left and am looking to give it away, not worth it for me to keep.

on 7/9/2018 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS CLAY MASK! It literally made my skin's condition so much better. My skin is now smooth, soft, supple, glowing, clean and minimized my pores. I use raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered, with the mother apple cider together with it and fizzes right up when mixed and using plastic utensils to stir the clay I use a brush to apply it to my face and leave it on until it dries and cracks. The pulsating effect is real here and feels very satisfying, tightening of the face kinda hurts but very tolerable. I use it 2x a week and sometimes more when my skin is breaking out, dull-looking and stressed. This is the greatest clay mask I have ever used. MUST-HAVE guys! and definitely worth the hype!

on 6/30/2018 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin, mainly my tzone and I get a few pimples and the odd cystic spot.
I saw the rave reviews and I much prefer clay masks for my skin type, so I thought I would try it.
I bought the 2lb/32oz size so it will last ages. I was pleased that the expiry date is 04/2020!
From reviews that I read, people were using a tablespoon, which is 15ml, of equal parts clay and cider vinegar. I tried that and found it to be too much. It was too thick on my face. So I use a dessert spoon amount which is 7.5ml and I found that that is a really good amount for me. It’s easy to mix up and form a good face mask consistency.
I use Aspall, Raw Unpasteurised Organic Unfiltered Cyder Vinegar and contains the Mother.
I mix equals parts in a plastic bowl and use a brush to apply on to clean, dry skin.
I haven’t got sensitive skin so I left it on for 20 minutes the first time I used it but now I leave it on for 25-30 minutes. You can feel the mask pulsating! That amount of time works best for me.
To remove, I wet a face cloth and hold it to my face to wet down the mask and then wash off. My skin is red but not sore or uncomfortable at all. I dry my face by patting lightly with a microfibre towel. Then I immediately apply a thick moisturiser. I like La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume or Nivea Creme, the one in the blue packaging. This works straight away to keep my skin soft and topped up with moisture.
After around 30 mins the redness has gone and I am left with lovely, soft skin. My pores are so much smaller, spots have reduced and continue to reduce and I’m glowing! I also have less spots and much clearer skin in general. I am less oily and more glowing now, which I love. I find makeup applies better and more flawless.
I use this twice a week as it’s more beneficial to use it regularly. This is cruelty free and natural and beats all of the other masks that I have tried, low end and high end. I just love it and will keep using this, it’s a staple in my skincare routine. I would definitely recommend trying it. It’s so worth it and very good value.

on 6/6/2018 7:55:00 AM

I have acne-prone skin and a very oily T-zone, the rest of my face is normal. Acne has been my major skin issue since forever. I bought this mask online after discovering Lush's mask of magnaminty. I love that mask, but it's quite expensive so I started looking for a more affordable one, then I came across Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It's more expensive in Europe than in the US, I think I paid about €22 for 0,5 kg. You really don't need a lot of clay though so this tub lasts forever.

My favourite way to prepare a mask is by using 1 plastic coffee spoonful of clay (those spoons you often find in a pack of coffee), 1 coffee spoonful of apple cider vinegar, two drops manuka essential oil and then I add a bit liquid honey. I get a smooth paste every single time. This mask always improves the condition of my skin. I always use it at night and my skin is so much better when wake up the following morning. My pimples have disappeared or are reduced, my pores look cleaner and my skin is less oily and really glowy and soft. I use the mask once or twice a week, I leave it on for 20 minutes and yes my skin is flushed once I wash the clay off, but the redness fades fairly quickly. I also put an old piece of cloth on the plughole of the drain so the bits of clay don't clog it.

This mask is amazing for people who suffer from acne prone and oily skin just like me, though I agree that this may be too potent for people with dry skin. Definitely get this if you have oily skin and acne, this face mask blows all other, expensive and high end masks out of the water and it's 100% natural and free of any harmful chemical ingredients! If you want the mask to be gentler for your skin, add more honey to the mixture, if you want to give your skin a thorough treatment, forget the honey and let the clay suck all of the dirt and sebum out of your pores!

I only can confirm what everyone is raving about: This stuff gives you a better skin condition.
What I achieve by using this 5-6 days a week:
- glowy, smooth skin (that wasn't possible before)
- bye bye pimples (this takes about 3-5 uses to get rid of them)
- extraction of whiteheads works like a charm now (you still have to use tools to get them outta your pores, though)
- no dryness, less oily skin
- less need of concealer/foundation because skin gets better and better (yessss, I can focus more on my eyes and lips now)
- confidence rises.

The price is amazing! I could imagine an expensive brand charging about 50$ for being the same product.

I recommend using raw apple cider vinegar. Apply a thin layer (I use 2.5m l/ 1/2tsp of the powder and 2.5ml / 1/2tsp of apple cider vinegar) and remove when you have enough of it or til it's dry everywhere where you applied it. A medium or thick layer needs more product, more time to dry and is harder to remove. So it's true, use less, win the most!

PS: Nardo Visgo has an amazing set for measuring spoons: their 10-Piece Thickened ABS Plastic Measuring Spoons/Cups Set on amazon. I bought it with my own money, without recommendations or codes (yes, this ain't an ad). I even bought it another time after a week.

I really don't understand all the rage over this mask. I bought it off of Amazon, thinking it would be some sort of miracle-worker from all the reviews I had read. I have dry skin, which is relatively sensitive, so I only kept the mask on for about 7 minutes on average. Before I started using this product, my acne was only prominent on my chin and a bit on my left cheek (which was getting better slowly). After using this mask for about 2-3 weeks, I started breaking out on my right cheek and forehead (which I had worked so hard to clear up!). Definitely do not recommend this mask for sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin.

on 5/17/2018 2:29:00 AM

I use this mask at night around 2 times a week with ACV & leave it on till its fully dry which takes around 45 mins, I then remove this with a warm wet face cloth.

First impression is that once I wash this mask off my face is bright RED and dry, my pimples look irritated and when I use toner (Son & Park Beauty Water or rose water) it stings all over. Though miraculously when I wake up the next morning my skin looks lush, much more brighter and 'glowy' as opposed to the days I don't use this mask, the redness is completely gone, my skin feels really soft and my pimples are smaller; though this mask only helps me with those slightly larger painful pimples, whiteheads & those annoying stubborn small spots on the forehead, this does not in the slightest help with blackheads. I have noticed that scaring from acne goes much quicker although I wouldn't put all credit into this product but into the moisturiser I use after I use this mask (rosehip oil). This mask is very very drying you have to use a moisturiser afterwards, I did the mistake of not doing this at first and woke up with my nose peeling & some dry areas on my cheeks.

I have used this for over a year, I really recommend this product to anyone that wants a powerful treatment against acne. I have no pimples now, I just get the occasional one around my time of month which is fine as after using this product it will disappear within 3 days or so. I wish this product came with a plastic scoop though since I almost always make more than I need.

on 5/12/2018 2:02:00 AM

I applied this aztec indian healing clay on my face. I mixed it with ACV and rinse it after 25 minutes. It made my face red especially on the left side of my face so I am not continuing it. It's a little bit itchy too. It's not worth the hype. Use it at your own risk.

on 4/29/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Huh. My niece and I tried this out recently and I don't really see what the buzz is about.

You mix equal parts water with this clay powder, and all I have to say is that it's easier hand-whisking egg whites to stiff peaks than mixing water with this stuff. You'll get pellets of powder that refuse to make an even consistency.

With it on - I don't know? It feels like wet mud, which it basically is. After rinsing it off, my skin felt dry and tight - which isn't a plus for my already dry skin type. Definitely had to moisturize immediately after.

This product is skippable.

I read many good reviews of this product and they recommended to use this with ACV. I used it for the 1st time and it made my skin tight and itchy (plus) smell is awful. My mom and bro can't stand with that smell. ok leave it for a while. After mixing this clay mask with ACV and applied it on my face without eyes and lips area. I waited for to dry it out and then I washed it off with lukewarm water. After washing off, my skin was getting red. so, I applied loads of moisturizer and let my face then cool. I feel still confident bc a lot of people said that product works well on their skin. After one or two days, acnes are appeared on skin and my skin suddenly change to very oily skin. I won't recommend for this product if you are sensitive to clay mask or if you don't have any acnes or pores, try another mask. this one is really awful for me.