Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 7/9/2018 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS CLAY MASK! It literally made my skin's condition so much better. My skin is now smooth, soft, supple, glowing, clean and minimized my pores. I use raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered, with the mother apple cider together with it and fizzes right up when mixed and using plastic utensils to stir the clay I use a brush to apply it to my face and leave it on until it dries and cracks. The pulsating effect is real here and feels very satisfying, tightening of the face kinda hurts but very tolerable. I use it 2x a week and sometimes more when my skin is breaking out, dull-looking and stressed. This is the greatest clay mask I have ever used. MUST-HAVE guys! and definitely worth the hype!

on 6/30/2018 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin, mainly my tzone and I get a few pimples and the odd cystic spot.
I saw the rave reviews and I much prefer clay masks for my skin type, so I thought I would try it.
I bought the 2lb/32oz size so it will last ages. I was pleased that the expiry date is 04/2020!
From reviews that I read, people were using a tablespoon, which is 15ml, of equal parts clay and cider vinegar. I tried that and found it to be too much. It was too thick on my face. So I use a dessert spoon amount which is 7.5ml and I found that that is a really good amount for me. It’s easy to mix up and form a good face mask consistency.
I use Aspall, Raw Unpasteurised Organic Unfiltered Cyder Vinegar and contains the Mother.
I mix equals parts in a plastic bowl and use a brush to apply on to clean, dry skin.
I haven’t got sensitive skin so I left it on for 20 minutes the first time I used it but now I leave it on for 25-30 minutes. You can feel the mask pulsating! That amount of time works best for me.
To remove, I wet a face cloth and hold it to my face to wet down the mask and then wash off. My skin is red but not sore or uncomfortable at all. I dry my face by patting lightly with a microfibre towel. Then I immediately apply a thick moisturiser. I like La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume or Nivea Creme, the one in the blue packaging. This works straight away to keep my skin soft and topped up with moisture.
After around 30 mins the redness has gone and I am left with lovely, soft skin. My pores are so much smaller, spots have reduced and continue to reduce and I’m glowing! I also have less spots and much clearer skin in general. I am less oily and more glowing now, which I love. I find makeup applies better and more flawless.
I use this twice a week as it’s more beneficial to use it regularly. This is cruelty free and natural and beats all of the other masks that I have tried, low end and high end. I just love it and will keep using this, it’s a staple in my skincare routine. I would definitely recommend trying it. It’s so worth it and very good value.

on 6/6/2018 7:55:00 AM

I have acne-prone skin and a very oily T-zone, the rest of my face is normal. Acne has been my major skin issue since forever. I bought this mask online after discovering Lush's mask of magnaminty. I love that mask, but it's quite expensive so I started looking for a more affordable one, then I came across Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It's more expensive in Europe than in the US, I think I paid about €22 for 0,5 kg. You really don't need a lot of clay though so this tub lasts forever.

My favourite way to prepare a mask is by using 1 plastic coffee spoonful of clay (those spoons you often find in a pack of coffee), 1 coffee spoonful of apple cider vinegar, two drops manuka essential oil and then I add a bit liquid honey. I get a smooth paste every single time. This mask always improves the condition of my skin. I always use it at night and my skin is so much better when wake up the following morning. My pimples have disappeared or are reduced, my pores look cleaner and my skin is less oily and really glowy and soft. I use the mask once or twice a week, I leave it on for 20 minutes and yes my skin is flushed once I wash the clay off, but the redness fades fairly quickly. I also put an old piece of cloth on the plughole of the drain so the bits of clay don't clog it.

This mask is amazing for people who suffer from acne prone and oily skin just like me, though I agree that this may be too potent for people with dry skin. Definitely get this if you have oily skin and acne, this face mask blows all other, expensive and high end masks out of the water and it's 100% natural and free of any harmful chemical ingredients! If you want the mask to be gentler for your skin, add more honey to the mixture, if you want to give your skin a thorough treatment, forget the honey and let the clay suck all of the dirt and sebum out of your pores!

I only can confirm what everyone is raving about: This stuff gives you a better skin condition.
What I achieve by using this 5-6 days a week:
- glowy, smooth skin (that wasn't possible before)
- bye bye pimples (this takes about 3-5 uses to get rid of them)
- extraction of whiteheads works like a charm now (you still have to use tools to get them outta your pores, though)
- no dryness, less oily skin
- less need of concealer/foundation because skin gets better and better (yessss, I can focus more on my eyes and lips now)
- confidence rises.

The price is amazing! I could imagine an expensive brand charging about 50$ for being the same product.

I recommend using raw apple cider vinegar. Apply a thin layer (I use 2.5m l/ 1/2tsp of the powder and 2.5ml / 1/2tsp of apple cider vinegar) and remove when you have enough of it or til it's dry everywhere where you applied it. A medium or thick layer needs more product, more time to dry and is harder to remove. So it's true, use less, win the most!

PS: Nardo Visgo has an amazing set for measuring spoons: their 10-Piece Thickened ABS Plastic Measuring Spoons/Cups Set on amazon. I bought it with my own money, without recommendations or codes (yes, this ain't an ad). I even bought it another time after a week.

on 5/17/2018 2:29:00 AM

I use this mask at night around 2 times a week with ACV & leave it on till its fully dry which takes around 45 mins, I then remove this with a warm wet face cloth.

First impression is that once I wash this mask off my face is bright RED and dry, my pimples look irritated and when I use toner (Son & Park Beauty Water or rose water) it stings all over. Though miraculously when I wake up the next morning my skin looks lush, much more brighter and 'glowy' as opposed to the days I don't use this mask, the redness is completely gone, my skin feels really soft and my pimples are smaller; though this mask only helps me with those slightly larger painful pimples, whiteheads & those annoying stubborn small spots on the forehead, this does not in the slightest help with blackheads. I have noticed that scaring from acne goes much quicker although I wouldn't put all credit into this product but into the moisturiser I use after I use this mask (rosehip oil). This mask is very very drying you have to use a moisturiser afterwards, I did the mistake of not doing this at first and woke up with my nose peeling & some dry areas on my cheeks.

I have used this for over a year, I really recommend this product to anyone that wants a powerful treatment against acne. I have no pimples now, I just get the occasional one around my time of month which is fine as after using this product it will disappear within 3 days or so. I wish this product came with a plastic scoop though since I almost always make more than I need.

on 4/5/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to make masks for my family's skin and hair. I have natural hair as does my daughter but my son and fiancée use it as well. The hair mask I make using this clay (with water, apple cider vinegar, and a variety of oils - castor, jojoba, almond, and avocado) leaves the hair super moisturized. I have very sensitive skin so I haven't used it on my face but my children and fiancée have and they love it. I would recommend the hair mask for anyone with dehydrated hair. Use it once to twice a week for best results and you will see a change in the way your hair looks and feels.

on 3/13/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new HG! Faster results than Queen Helene's Mint Julep Clay Mask. I used it mixed only with water because I have sensitive skin. Have not tried it mixed with Apple cider vinegar or honey yet, but it already works miracles.

It dried up my small forehead pimple with 2 applications. It also drew out the head of 2 cheek pimples. But it did nothing for my deeper pimples.

I applied a thin layer all over my face to let it dry faster. Letting it completely dry helps to tighten your face and actually exfoliated some of my dead skin which I removed after with tweezers. Perfect pre-extraction mask for easy extraction after. Very glad I tried this. I followed this up with an Innisfree mask for hydration as it can be rather drying. Love!

on 1/12/2018 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yessss. I've been using this for years to help my acne. It really makes a difference for me. It dries like cement and that's my only complaint. Will purchase again and again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The only thing ever that has actually degunked my pores! So yeah, this was pure magic for me. It actually got all the yuck out of my pores or at least a ton of it which was better than the zero that my Clarisonic had been doing. And it made my pores smaller and less visible. I just mix it with water and definitely still feel the pulsing sensation. Also it didn't make my skin particularly red. This is an amazing mask for me and I recommend trying it.

I´ve used this only once but I have to say, it´s GREAT for oily skin.
My skin is the oiliest, seriously. I need to blot less than an hour after washing my face.
I used this mask on my t-zone only and my skin has been wonderfully matte for the last 2 days, it does feel tighter than usual but hey, i´d never makeup could last this long on my face so I love it :D
I feel the need to mention though, it´s called Aztec Secret and the label has a picture of a pyramid that´s in Chichen Itza, which is Mayan, not Aztec (fun fact, lol).