Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 44-55
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 3/2/2017 2:57:00 PM

I have sensitive combination skin and am constantly trying new products to find "the one" to help with problem areas and still hydrate my dry, flaky areas. I purchased Aztec Secret a while back because of all the amazing reviews and because I believe in all natural products. First off, in order for it to work you need to combine it with Apple Cider Vinegar and secondly, it gets messy! Although my skin felt clean after, it was very drying and made my flaky areas even worse. It also has an unpleasant smell that I had a problem with. Facials are supposed to be healing, fresh, like a DIY at home spa treatment. No secret here, I think you get what you pay for which is a cheap product touting amazing results that wasn't a winner for me.

on 11/29/2016 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good facial mask, I was really impressed at the overall outcome of this product. Although I was a bit upset about all the talk I heard about the feeling that it gives your face as it works, I have yet to feel it tingle at all, I guess that's because I don't have too much bacteria in my skin, but the coolness of it was really nice. I had no problems mixing it with the raw vinegar, it mixed very well, but don't use too much of the clay because it will swell up on you and you'll have way too much to work it. But my face was so soft, nice and smooth afterwards, I would use this product at least 2-3 times a week, but where I live it is very hard to find. The price is very cheap, I once bought it for about $7, but haven't found it since then for that amount, now it's a bit pricey. My experience was great, I applied it and left it on for about 20-25 minutes until it was dry and then rinsed it off, which took a little time, but it was worth it. If I had to and I am going to purchase this again and this time get the larger one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this multi-use, clay powder! I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a mask, but this deep-cleaning wonder is perfect for me. Clay masks are for drawing impurities out of the skin and this one does just that and it's 100% clay...unlike most other "clay" masks. It's a simple concept but gives great results. The price is excellent and the product lasts forever. The first few uses may cause a few, scattered zits but those are just from all the embedded crud being brought to the surface. To keep it from being too drying, I use a heavy layer of Josie Maran Argan Oil to replenish moisture immediately after rinsing the clay off. Coconut oil works great too. Using it at bedtime allows for the redness to fade. It is AWESOME (and cheap) as a full body mask too. It deep-cleans my back and chest so I rarely have breakouts in those areas any more and the exfoliation keeps me from getting ingrown hairs when I shave. I could go on-and-on with all the uses for this stuff (clay hot and cold packs for sore muscles, clay hair/scalp mask, clay foot soak...etc.etc.) but you'll find your own if you try it.

on 8/17/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My oily peri menopausal skin was driving me nuts then I discovered this angel in a pot. I can honestly say my skin has never looked better (sans the wrinkles of course.) To get the true benefits it must be mixed with ACV. It dries down to a rock solid consistency on the face giving a "pulsing" sensation as it does - this is normal. I leave in on for 30 mins (can't take any more than that) then simply rinse it off. Top tip - dampen the mask with water before trying to remove otherwise it can smart! I have spent ££££££ on face masks etc & this is by far the best, and the cheapest. Highly recommend this.

on 1/31/2016 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

An intense mud mask. This gets top results for a low price for me: smoother skin, tighter pores, and a general sense of cleaning. Follow it up with a 10 minute hydration mask like Dr. Roth and you'll a nice at home facial.

Especially great after a late night out.

on 2/4/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing! I tried this after reading the excellent reviews here and on Amazon and, having just finished my first tub, haven't been disappointed. Like others have said, it feels continuously tighter as you wear it, and I find that the longer I leave it on, the redder my face looks after I wash it off. Unlike others, I don't -- and never have -- experience breakouts after using the product, which I mix with plain tap water and apply once a week. My pores appear smaller, my skin tone looks a little more even and my face feels softer since using this mask. For the price, it can't be beat!

on 10/28/2014 9:19:00 AM

I discovered this Secret thanks to MA reviews, popped in in the "Latest Reviews" awhile back.

Good golly Miss Molly. Another WIN in my skincare regimen.

I've been using it with a combination of the ACV (apple cider vinegar, I hadn't a clue what people were referring to when I read that) and a touch of water.

Simply wonderful.

I have no objections to paying a lot for products, I'm vain and love looking good, but I've been weening myself from all the chemicals -- or many of them.

This is a stellar mask, not a second rate substitute. Leaves my skin glowing, firm, and stimulated (rosy and full of good circulation).

Absolutely love it. Thanks MUA members for turning me onto it.

(And the price, ridiculously cheap. I got a HUGE jug of it and a measuring spoon/brush kit at the big A retailer for almost nothing.)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Amazing stuff! I love the way this mask make my skin look and feel. Yes, it can be very uncomfortable feeling as you're waiting for it to dry, but it's worth it!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

WHAT A MESS!! I am reviewing this from the prospective that I have two teenagers with acne, and a 21 year old that takes excellent care of her skin, but just need/wanted a good pore cleansing. So: mistake number 1: doing all three masks at the same time. When I opened the jar, I spilled a quarter of it on the bathroom floor! There's no inner seal...so watch out when you open it! It drys FAST...so we had to get that stuff up quick! We used pure apple cider vinegar...and mixed a batch for three. My teen daughter was crying because it itched and hurt, my teen son was unaffected and my 21 year old said she felt the pulsating sensation, but it didn't do much for her except irritate her skin. All three of them had beet red faces. It gets in your hair, clothes, and you must use a bowl to rinse it off...otherwise...it will clog your drains. I'm 45 with very good skin , and I use the Alba sea mask...which I love. I'm very leary about using this because I have no acne...and that's what I bought it for.....my teen daughter's acne. After that fiasco, never again. My son will probably use it up or we'll give it away...since it's priced right...no big loss...but not the promised miracle...:(

on 2/22/2014 3:43:00 PM

This stuff is AWESOME! I mix one Tblsp of mask mix with one Tblsp of ACV & it's exactly enough to cover my entire face. You don't want to apply too much and have the mask too thick because it will take forever to dry. I leave it on until all the wet areas on my face are dry then use a warm sponge to moisten it then peel peices of it off and put the peices in a paper towel & dispose of it in the trash as opposed to washing it down the drain because it will clog your pipes.

The first time using this, it drew out the impurities right away, acne cysts that hadn't yet surfaced were purged from my skin. It was amazing how it all just came to the surface.

I will defintely buy this again but it seems this tub will last a very long time. It cost only $6.99 at Whole Foods :)