Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 36-43
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 3/13/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new HG! Faster results than Queen Helene's Mint Julep Clay Mask. I used it mixed only with water because I have sensitive skin. Have not tried it mixed with Apple cider vinegar or honey yet, but it already works miracles.

It dried up my small forehead pimple with 2 applications. It also drew out the head of 2 cheek pimples. But it did nothing for my deeper pimples.

I applied a thin layer all over my face to let it dry faster. Letting it completely dry helps to tighten your face and actually exfoliated some of my dead skin which I removed after with tweezers. Perfect pre-extraction mask for easy extraction after. Very glad I tried this. I followed this up with an Innisfree mask for hydration as it can be rather drying. Love!

on 8/23/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is insane!! It's like no other mask you'll use as it really draws out all the impurities and brings blood flow to the skin. I didn't love it the first couple of times but think I've worked out how to get the best out of it. My tips:

Leave it on till it's really dry, not just 'touch' dry. You will feel your face pulsating, this is a sign that the blood flow is increasing.

To take off: It's impossible to remove by peeling or rinsing so here's my tip - splash your face so the mask is soft once again. Scrape off using the blunt edge of a plastic knife or small spatula.

It says the large tub will do 10-15 masks but this is rubbish, I get a thick layer from one tsp of clay so it will last me forever.
Try it!!

on 3/26/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its OK
pain and makes a mess but it does feel like after like your pores appear cleaner (if that makes sense..LOL)
No redness or irritation or overdrying but i have oily thick skin
I leave on for 15-20min

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, dirt cheap, highly effective and easily adaptable to all skin types. I mainly use this on my chin and nose where I am oily and get blackheads/Whiteheads. I do an allover mask once a week. I mix 2 Tablespoons of clay, 2 tablespoons of Braggs ACV and 1 tablespoon of water and mix with non-metal utensils (Metal will make it less affective). Bentonite clay has been used for centuries to remove Toxins and impurities from the body. You can also ingest it for stomach/Digestive issues and for internal healing. It's not only great for clogged pores, acne, blackheads but also great for spider bites, poison ivy, chicken pox (Use in a bath), snake bites, wounds and I have even seen it used on psoriasis patients. It's awesome stuff from nature.

I started using Bentonite clay internally for ulcers and it healed them within a matter of a week. I don't take this brand internally, I buy clay from Mountain Rose herbs that comes from Wyoming. But I do use the Aztec for my face. For those gals with acne, hormonal or otherwisde, this mask if used correctly can heal your face, draw out oil and clogged pores, smooth out the texture of your skin. I do suggest that those with very sensitive skin be careful. the pulling action of Bentonite can almost hurt. you will be red afterward for about an hour.

For Sensitive Skin- 2 Tbsp clay, 1 tbsp of Glycerin, 1 or 2 tbsp of distilled water. Glycerin is very soothing to red, irrited or rosacea prone faces.

For normal skin- I would use the Clay with just the ACV. You can add essential oils but many times these oils add to irritation. If you want to add a bit of moisture to this I suggest a little bit of olive oil or sweet almond oil.

For acne- Clay and Acv are wonderful for acne. I do suggest if you have irritated acne to be carefull with the ACV. ACV can burn the skin in areas that have clusters of acne. So do a test patch area. I suggest adding Manuka honey to the mask or tea tree oil. Manuka honey is 100 times more antibacterial than tea tree and less irritating. It will also moisturize a bit and smooth out red marks.Calendula is also great if you have inflamed acne. It will calm it down and reduce redness.

And the secret to removing this stuff, is to apply it in a light layer to begin with, it does not have to be thick to work. Just even coverage. Wait until after it pulsates a bit and dries and then jump in the shower. Let the hot water wash over your face, it will moisten and loosen the clay for much easier removal. Wash with a gentle cleanser, I then tone with Colloidial copper spray or witch hazel and then moisturize. My skin is as soft as a baby's.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product based on all the great reviews I read on this site. I've been using the product for three weeks, and have been very happy. I have acne prone skin, with an oily T-zone, but rosacea, too. The pores in my T-zone are very large. This mask makes my face very smooth, and actually minimizes my pores. I haven't had any breakouts since using the mask; I don't know if that's coincidence or the mask working. I use it every third day. I've tried mixing it with both water and apple cider vineager. The mask dissolves much better in the apple cider vineager, and I prefer a thin consistency, and don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes. If I let it get to the pulsating point, it's been on too long, and it leaves my face red and blotchy. UPDATE: This product has just become too drying with continued use. I've tried leaving it on for shorter durations and I can no longer tolerate it on my face.