Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 36-43
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Found this in the health and wellness aisle of HEB for almost $7.00
Lasts for a super long time and you get a lot of product! I don't use measuring spoons or anything, I simply mix a bit of the clay along with a mixture of ACV & water until I get a consistency that I like. It gets super tight and pulsates but it's not uncomfortable at all. Once I'm ready to remove I place a warm wash cloth on top to make the clay easier to remove and thus having less go down the drain. I follow up with my Clarisonic to get everything out of my pores and finish with a good moisturizer or oil.
My complexion is smoother and brighter and I use this once every other week.
*simply shake out the dry clay from your washcloth once it's fully dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this on my skin since I was a pre-teen.....and at 37 I still use it once a week. It helps so much with controlling oil, clearing up blemishes, shrinking pores. It saved me as a teenager when I had horrible skin issues. Yes your skin is red for a while after and you need a good moisturizer. Yes it smells funny-it's ACV and clay, so don't expect something that smells like roses. This is a mask, not a facial treatment, so take it for what it is and don't expect it to be like a day at the spa.
I don't think this is for everyone but if you have the skin type it's made for it can be your best friend for skin care.

Clogs sink. Stings and makes skin so tight while drying. Didn't improve skin at all

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, I should have done my homework in advance before I purchased this product. It's made of the same clay as cat litter!!! Ugh. Allegedly, it's the best reviewed product on Amazon, but the reviews are fake. Anyway, here is a funny article I found on this stuff and company. Who doesn't have a computer these days?

on 1/5/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will always have this in my beauty routine. Best mask ever. Better than some high end masks I've tried. No matter what, I always come back to this one. It unclogs my pores, making my skin feel cleaner and looking clearer.

on 1/3/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

tldr; no visible changes. No irritation for papulopustular rosacea, even using the apple cider vinegar.

I wanted to like this as it is highly recommended but it didn't really do anything for me. I mixed it according to the instructions with apple cider vinegar and applied as a mask. There was the tightening sensation as it dried. Washing this off was a B*TCH - it was simultaneously flaky and stuck on? I used a wet cloth in the end but it made such a mess that I am happy it didn't clog my drain (I was really worried tbh and you should keep hot water running in your sink while removing).

My skin immediately after felt very clean, in a dry, not pleasant way. My pore size remained unchanged (the most notable effect I've heard of). I think this may be an effective drying mask for those with acne prone skin, but since I don't suffer from that, I'm passing on it. My husband is using it (he has oilier skin than me) but he also doesn't think it's a miracle product.

on 10/24/2016 6:21:00 PM

Er... really? I cannot say I share the enthusiasm. I used it twice and didn't see any improvement afterwards. Worse, my fine lines were deepened. I would like to give it time, as it is unfair to the product to comment after only two uses, however seeing my skin de-pumped and my fine lines enhanced, I find it really hard to convince myself to try it again.

on 4/26/2016 8:37:00 PM

Best mask I have ever tried. I have very oily acne prone skin.
I mix this with a little turmeric and apple cider vinegar. The results have been amazing!!

on 2/22/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It is my first time to use the product. I have sensitive dry skin but i do not have pimples. I found the product interesting as it has many good claims on youtube about skincare.
First, i mixed an oatmeal with water and mixed the water of it to a clay powder. I was heaitant to use the AC vinegar coz of my skin sensitivity.And with some rosewater from burt's bee just to make a good consistency of the mixture. Apply applying and as it dries on my face, i could feel some stinging, minty and itchy feeling as well as the tightening too which actually so hard on your face. After few minutes, I rinsed it with warm water and the oatmeal mixture left, i used it on my face instead of facial soap.Then wallah! Though my face turned red but not that really bad, i found my skin smooth, clean and fresh.Then i chased with my serums and moisturizer. I love the product and will continue till i will be able to see its progress on my beauty journey. I believe that this product can do so much on my journey to anti aging too.
I recommend you to try this. Patience is a virtue anyway.
After 1st use, i saw result on me.

on 11/29/2015 4:42:00 PM

I first heard of this product as a treatment for bites, and then stumbled upon the reviews for using it as a mask. Everyone seemed to love it so Amazon prime got it to me quickly. I didn't mind mixing or the discomfort of wearing it but what I have minded is how that one hour of wearing it left me with so many new, large, temperamental breakouts. I know some say that this will happen as part of some purging process, but I can't risk using this again. I haven't broken out like this in many years and it happened hours after using this mask. Not for me.