Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 36-43
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/30/2018 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin, mainly my tzone and I get a few pimples and the odd cystic spot.
I saw the rave reviews and I much prefer clay masks for my skin type, so I thought I would try it.
I bought the 2lb/32oz size so it will last ages. I was pleased that the expiry date is 04/2020!
From reviews that I read, people were using a tablespoon, which is 15ml, of equal parts clay and cider vinegar. I tried that and found it to be too much. It was too thick on my face. So I use a dessert spoon amount which is 7.5ml and I found that that is a really good amount for me. It’s easy to mix up and form a good face mask consistency.
I use Aspall, Raw Unpasteurised Organic Unfiltered Cyder Vinegar and contains the Mother.
I mix equals parts in a plastic bowl and use a brush to apply on to clean, dry skin.
I haven’t got sensitive skin so I left it on for 20 minutes the first time I used it but now I leave it on for 25-30 minutes. You can feel the mask pulsating! That amount of time works best for me.
To remove, I wet a face cloth and hold it to my face to wet down the mask and then wash off. My skin is red but not sore or uncomfortable at all. I dry my face by patting lightly with a microfibre towel. Then I immediately apply a thick moisturiser. I like La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume or Nivea Creme, the one in the blue packaging. This works straight away to keep my skin soft and topped up with moisture.
After around 30 mins the redness has gone and I am left with lovely, soft skin. My pores are so much smaller, spots have reduced and continue to reduce and I’m glowing! I also have less spots and much clearer skin in general. I am less oily and more glowing now, which I love. I find makeup applies better and more flawless.
I use this twice a week as it’s more beneficial to use it regularly. This is cruelty free and natural and beats all of the other masks that I have tried, low end and high end. I just love it and will keep using this, it’s a staple in my skincare routine. I would definitely recommend trying it. It’s so worth it and very good value.

on 3/13/2018 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new HG! Faster results than Queen Helene's Mint Julep Clay Mask. I used it mixed only with water because I have sensitive skin. Have not tried it mixed with Apple cider vinegar or honey yet, but it already works miracles.

It dried up my small forehead pimple with 2 applications. It also drew out the head of 2 cheek pimples. But it did nothing for my deeper pimples.

I applied a thin layer all over my face to let it dry faster. Letting it completely dry helps to tighten your face and actually exfoliated some of my dead skin which I removed after with tweezers. Perfect pre-extraction mask for easy extraction after. Very glad I tried this. I followed this up with an Innisfree mask for hydration as it can be rather drying. Love!

Found this in the health and wellness aisle of HEB for almost $7.00
Lasts for a super long time and you get a lot of product! I don't use measuring spoons or anything, I simply mix a bit of the clay along with a mixture of ACV & water until I get a consistency that I like. It gets super tight and pulsates but it's not uncomfortable at all. Once I'm ready to remove I place a warm wash cloth on top to make the clay easier to remove and thus having less go down the drain. I follow up with my Clarisonic to get everything out of my pores and finish with a good moisturizer or oil.
My complexion is smoother and brighter and I use this once every other week.
*simply shake out the dry clay from your washcloth once it's fully dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this on my skin since I was a pre-teen.....and at 37 I still use it once a week. It helps so much with controlling oil, clearing up blemishes, shrinking pores. It saved me as a teenager when I had horrible skin issues. Yes your skin is red for a while after and you need a good moisturizer. Yes it smells funny-it's ACV and clay, so don't expect something that smells like roses. This is a mask, not a facial treatment, so take it for what it is and don't expect it to be like a day at the spa.
I don't think this is for everyone but if you have the skin type it's made for it can be your best friend for skin care.

Clogs sink. Stings and makes skin so tight while drying. Didn't improve skin at all

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, I should have done my homework in advance before I purchased this product. It's made of the same clay as cat litter!!! Ugh. Allegedly, it's the best reviewed product on Amazon, but the reviews are fake. Anyway, here is a funny article I found on this stuff and company. Who doesn't have a computer these days?

on 1/5/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I will always have this in my beauty routine. Best mask ever. Better than some high end masks I've tried. No matter what, I always come back to this one. It unclogs my pores, making my skin feel cleaner and looking clearer.

on 1/3/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

tldr; no visible changes. No irritation for papulopustular rosacea, even using the apple cider vinegar.

I wanted to like this as it is highly recommended but it didn't really do anything for me. I mixed it according to the instructions with apple cider vinegar and applied as a mask. There was the tightening sensation as it dried. Washing this off was a B*TCH - it was simultaneously flaky and stuck on? I used a wet cloth in the end but it made such a mess that I am happy it didn't clog my drain (I was really worried tbh and you should keep hot water running in your sink while removing).

My skin immediately after felt very clean, in a dry, not pleasant way. My pore size remained unchanged (the most notable effect I've heard of). I think this may be an effective drying mask for those with acne prone skin, but since I don't suffer from that, I'm passing on it. My husband is using it (he has oilier skin than me) but he also doesn't think it's a miracle product.

on 10/24/2016 6:21:00 PM

Er... really? I cannot say I share the enthusiasm. I used it twice and didn't see any improvement afterwards. Worse, my fine lines were deepened. I would like to give it time, as it is unfair to the product to comment after only two uses, however seeing my skin de-pumped and my fine lines enhanced, I find it really hard to convince myself to try it again.

on 4/26/2016 8:37:00 PM

Best mask I have ever tried. I have very oily acne prone skin.
I mix this with a little turmeric and apple cider vinegar. The results have been amazing!!