Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 25-29
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.8

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

on 3/3/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing product, I use this on my face and my back, I have back acne and over the years it left me with scars. I felt insecure about wearing anything that shows my back and I keep my hair long. I was breaking out badly at one point and had to do something so after hearing reviews I bought this and omg it's a god send. I use this with apple cider vinaged once a week on my face and back. I also use this clay mixed with yoghurt, honey, turmeric and leave it in the fridge and use it every second day on both my face and back for 20 minutes. I think the yoghurt helps clear my scars but now I have no more back acne and no pimples on my face. Now just waiting for my skin to repair itself. I'll have to try it in my hair and see how that goes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have a combination dry skin. i have issue with acne scar. i've been using it for 3 weeks. i use it 2-3 times a week for 10mins not more. eventho this mask dries my skin a bit, but i still love it. I think i should use it once a week, since i dont have new pimple anymore (thanks to honey and AVC too)

but i found its really work for small pimple, it makes it dry and heal faster and rarely leave any scar or dark spot after the pimple's gone.

dont forget to use your moisturize after wear this mask. i use aloe vera gel to cool it down ..

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

BEST FACE MASK HANDS DOWN!!! This mask does wonders! You can literally feel the mask pulsating and tightening your skin! I use product once during week and every sunday after a long weekend. This mask keeps my face hydrated and fresh. Skin feels incredibly soft after use and looks detoxified. Great investment!

this stuff is so amazing. i have horrible dry and cracked skin. it makes it so smooth and even. definetly one of my favorites

This is by far the best mask I own. It is inexpensive and works really well with ACV. I wouldn't recommend using it with water, it gets clumpy and weird.

After using this, my skin feels so good and all my acne is severely diminished. It feels really great when its on, and it kind of pulses. If you keep it wet, it's easier to remove and I don't notice a difference in the results.

Your face will be pink for a while after, but if you leave this mask on for more than 20 minutes, your face with be as red as a fire hydrant for several hours. Also if you leave it on too long it gets really hard to take off and painful to get off - especially if it managed to get in your eyebrows.

on 1/10/2013 8:52:00 PM

This clay really is great, like everyone says. I used it maybe 2 or 3 times with water, and I could never get it to mix right. It also didn't make my face "pulsate" and didn't do much for me. When I mixed it with apple cider vinegar, WOW! There was a huge difference. Yeah, it smells terrible and makes my face red for about an hour after I use it, but it fixes deep pimples and even exfoliates. I think a major bonus to this mask is the "pulsating" - blood rushes to your face and I think the circulation helps your skin remove toxins, etc. I never had any breakouts after using this either.

I recommend using this at night and applying a good night cream afterward. It will soak into your skin and your skin will look great the next morning. Don't bother using it if you don't have ACV - using water is just not the same.

on 9/18/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just used Aztec Secret for the first time. I have normal/combination skin with pores slightly bigger than I'd like and blackheads on and around my nose and a couple on my chin. Those are officially ALL GONE.

I mixed according to the instructions, half ACV, half Aztec Secret and added a few drops of tea tree oil for its cleansing properties.

HUGE CAVEAT: I had read a couple reviews and they stuck in my head (some people said they slept with this mask on) so my friend and I left the mask on for 1.5hrs. Do NOT do this! At least not the first time! And I would not add tea tree oil, not to this mask at least. Only after I saw my face did I kick myself for not reading the instructions and relying on a few people's reviews (and my friend who had fallen asleep with this concoction on probably wanted to kick me as well). Anyway, it has been over 2hrs since I took off the mask and my skin still looks like I have second degree burns on my right cheek. I put apricot kernel oil on my face after washing the mask off and hoped for the best. I will definitely use this again WELL after my face heals. I will try it with ACV again for a much shorter period of time and, otherwise, I'll try it with water to see if it was the ACV. Either way, this mask removed blackheads I didn't even know existed until there were all these empty pores.

UPDATE: It's the next day, it has been about 20hrs and I woke up and the burn mark is now darker. I am extremely upset that in the quest for perfect skin I have what looks like a potential scar on my face. This obviously is not because of an ingredient on the mask but due to me leaving it on too long or perhaps having put too much vinegar or the tea tree oil, who knows. Just wanted to emphasize following the instructions with respect to time, I don't know how some of these reviewers sleep in this mask...definitely try it out for 10 minutes or so and see how it feels...you can always go a little longer the second time. I may have to go to a dermatologist.

UPDATE: upon the suggestion of a kind reviewer, I went out and bought vitamin E oil and luckily aloe grows wild here. I cut fresh aloe and gently patted it onto the three areas of my face where I had developed what looked like scabs and followed it with the vitamin E oil. I did this about 3-5 times per day I think (essentially, any time I realized that my skin was not oily, I put the aloe and vitamin E back on) and only put on my usual spf 100 when I had to walk outside. Usually I am all for letting my skin breathe, especially since my skin usually reacts negatively to any type of topical medication. In this case, however, I was afraid of the scabs getting dry and 'breaking off'. After just a few days, the burns seemed somewhat lighter. After a week the scabs started gently coming off on their own. About 9 days later, the last of the scabs gently rubbed off and the only thing that was left was beautiful skin!

Check out my pictures of my burn and how it looked after a week of using Vitamin E and fresh aloe every day.

Another reviewer told me that a good treatment after a burn like that was egg yolk (with omegas if possible) with turmeric. If my skin ever goes haywire again after an overzealous treatment, I'll make sure to try this!

UPDATE: I just used the mask again for the first time since the horrible burn. I used about 2 tbsp of the powder, about 3 tbsp water, 1 tbsp Rose & Glycerin water, only a couple drops of ACV to take out some of the clumps and I put in a drop of lavender EO instead of tea tree and I left it on for 15 minutes. Not using all ACV definitely leaves this stuff clumpy but oh well. I do find that the blackheads are still on and around my nose which was not the case last time. I put on a Bioré strip right afterward and my nose looked totally clear.

on 2/19/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

WOW! I was browsing the product aisle at Whole Foods yesterday and came across this mask. At $10, I thought why not? But before I used it I read the reviews -- then I couldn't wait to try it after all the rave! So today I used it, mixed with ACV and Manuka Honey.

(NOTE: This type of honey (Manuka) is unbelievable. It's very expensive, but worth every penny. It's something like 100x more disinfecting than tea tree oil. Also, you get a lot in the jar and you only need a little at a time. I mix it with dissolved aspirin as a mask -- it's just amazing and I notice a difference after just one application. If I'm super dry, I'll even sleep with it on my face. When I wake up, not only am I not dry, but the lines are gone.

Anyway, this Indian Healing mask has shown the most improvement in just one application than any other mask. My skin was glowing and so soft. I swear old acne spots are a lot lighter. I didn't even have time to leave it on more than 10 minutes.

I really recommend mixing it with the honey and ACV. I think the ACV alone would strip the skin, but the honey allows all the products to work in harmony without drying you out. I've tried the Queen Helene mask and it did nothing for me.

Lastly, I think applying a thin layer is best. From the reviews I read, if the mask is too thick, it will not harden and do its job.

UPDATE... 5 weeks later (March 25, 2008)

I still LOVE this stuff. Actually it's my favorite thing that i use. i can use it as i often as i want. I ge the best results by using my microdermasion (which is just an oil of olay brand from costco), then i mix the clay powder with ACV to form a thick paste. I really only use like a teaspoon of the powder -- a little goes a long way. Above I described mixing the mask with ACV and honey. Now I only mix it with the ACV, as I think it clears things up a little more. I leave it on as long as i can, even up to 45 minutes. Your face will be blotchy with redness. This goes away within a few minutes.

After the mask is washed off, i'll rub Manuka Honey all over my face and sleep with it on (see my review above). This is not comfortable by any means and it's sticky, so put a towel over your pillow. But I'm one of those people who is willing to sacrifice for good skin, so it's fine for me. I'm also single, so there's no one to complain about it ;-)

I tend to "pick" my face (the worst thing I can do). This causes breakouts and redness. If I've been picking, then I do the mask then honey thing, it's all gone by morning. No redness, no zits.