Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 25-29
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/25/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for... a good six months or so now and I bought it with the intention of using it weekly. I was wanting it to help with my oily, acne-prone skin. At first, I used it weekly but because I am a lazy, I use it a lot less now which I think is actually better for me. I use it about every 2 weeks or once a month. I mix it with equal parts ACV and sometimes a small spoonful of manuka honey (which has antibacterial properties).
It was definitely a process to get the hang of how to use it in the most gentle way possible. I leave it on about 10 minutes just until it gets hard, and I remove it with a warm/hot washcloth. I tried washing it off with just warm water, washing it off with face wash, and the washcloth is what works best and is the least harsh on my skin.
I have noticed it reduce my active pimples, and it seems to reduce the appearance of my pores as well. I also feel my skin more plump afterwards. It also helps reduce my clogged pores.
For sure, I think it's too harsh for dry skin. It works for me, and I would repurchase it but the jar is so big that I don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.
I also have to note that I think the name of the product is cringe-worthy but not that it really matters.

on 4/17/2018 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! I try to use this once a week, I find it really helps exfoliate and brighten my skin. If I’m having any problem areas this usually helps tone it down. It smells funky when used with apple cider vinegar but totally worth it. A little goes a long way. After it begins to dry you can feel the pulsating which I really like. You’ll notice a bit of redness temporarily afterwards but it goes down pretty quickly.

on 3/22/2018 3:19:00 PM

The product lasts a long time which is great, and it’s nice to mix it with vinegar or honey or other things to create a DIY mask depending on your needs but I wouldn’t call it a miracle mask. Great for the price though. You can feel your face pulsing while it dries.

on 1/12/2018 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yessss. I've been using this for years to help my acne. It really makes a difference for me. It dries like cement and that's my only complaint. Will purchase again and again.

I´ve used this only once but I have to say, it´s GREAT for oily skin.
My skin is the oiliest, seriously. I need to blot less than an hour after washing my face.
I used this mask on my t-zone only and my skin has been wonderfully matte for the last 2 days, it does feel tighter than usual but hey, i´d never makeup could last this long on my face so I love it :D
I feel the need to mention though, it´s called Aztec Secret and the label has a picture of a pyramid that´s in Chichen Itza, which is Mayan, not Aztec (fun fact, lol).

on 9/19/2017 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i dont think this help with my congested pores. i feel like it dont do anything. it din't really make my skin red at first. but after my first chemical peel, my skin did turn red after using this. i think my skin top layer is mostly dead skin thats why initially before i did any chemical peel it dont turn red. but still my pores still very clogged.

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Such an amazing mask! I've had great results using this. My skin is left so smooth & soft, the next day my face is looking healthy & glowy too (: This mask brings any clogged pores to a head & they heal so much faster! I use 1 tsp braggs apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp water and 1tbs powder. I leave it on for 45min then rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer. I do this once a week.

on 3/3/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing product, I use this on my face and my back, I have back acne and over the years it left me with scars. I felt insecure about wearing anything that shows my back and I keep my hair long. I was breaking out badly at one point and had to do something so after hearing reviews I bought this and omg it's a god send. I use this with apple cider vinaged once a week on my face and back. I also use this clay mixed with yoghurt, honey, turmeric and leave it in the fridge and use it every second day on both my face and back for 20 minutes. I think the yoghurt helps clear my scars but now I have no more back acne and no pimples on my face. Now just waiting for my skin to repair itself. I'll have to try it in my hair and see how that goes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Live this stuff. It sucks out oils on your face. I suggest keeping it longer than 20mins so maybe 30mins. Then wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then moisturise. Skin feels fresh and renewed. Try it. Def something to try :)