Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 25-29
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/19/2017 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i dont think this help with my congested pores. i feel like it dont do anything. it din't really make my skin red at first. but after my first chemical peel, my skin did turn red after using this. i think my skin top layer is mostly dead skin thats why initially before i did any chemical peel it dont turn red. but still my pores still very clogged.

on 8/2/2017 12:05:00 PM

I've tried lots of masks and yes this one isn't packaged the prettiest or has the best website but trust me, you can't get better than this. My skin felt so incredible after, even after just one use!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Such an amazing mask! I've had great results using this. My skin is left so smooth & soft, the next day my face is looking healthy & glowy too (: This mask brings any clogged pores to a head & they heal so much faster! I use 1 tsp braggs apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp water and 1tbs powder. I leave it on for 45min then rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer. I do this once a week.

on 3/3/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

amazing product, I use this on my face and my back, I have back acne and over the years it left me with scars. I felt insecure about wearing anything that shows my back and I keep my hair long. I was breaking out badly at one point and had to do something so after hearing reviews I bought this and omg it's a god send. I use this with apple cider vinaged once a week on my face and back. I also use this clay mixed with yoghurt, honey, turmeric and leave it in the fridge and use it every second day on both my face and back for 20 minutes. I think the yoghurt helps clear my scars but now I have no more back acne and no pimples on my face. Now just waiting for my skin to repair itself. I'll have to try it in my hair and see how that goes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Live this stuff. It sucks out oils on your face. I suggest keeping it longer than 20mins so maybe 30mins. Then wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then moisturise. Skin feels fresh and renewed. Try it. Def something to try :)

on 1/29/2017 11:04:00 AM

Review #1. Used it for 3 weekends (once a week) and still see no effect. There was an initial breakout when I used it (not too many but I can feel the bumps) Not sure if bumps and pimples are work stress-related. Will post an update here after I use it longer

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow,no words to describe other than it really does the job!My skin feels clean and supple.Ever since i started using this clay mask i don't get breakouts as often as i used to. I strictly use this mask twice a week,and YES IT IS THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL FACIAL MASK! and BTW I use apple cider vinegar to mix the clay;half and half.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

THE BEST MASK EVER! Let me give you some background on my skin. I was on a course of antibiotics and another medication for personal health reasons for about 8 months. I had no idea it would destroy my gut flora (good bacteria). Man I had the worst breakout in my life! Deep painful cystic pimples, blackheads, whiteheads. I stopped the medications. For a year I tried different things to get rid of my acne. Nothing helped my skin until I started taking probiotics to repopulate my stomach with good bacteria to get my hormones in check. A month later I started using this mask and OMG it has helped so much!! It brought clogged pores to the surface. I started off doing it twice a week but cut back to once a week because it dries your skin out. Just apply moisturizer afterwards. I mix one tablespoon of the powder with one tabelspoon braggs acv, adding more or less of each to get the right consistency. Make sure to use a plastic spoon and bowl. I leave it on for 45 min then wash off with warm water. My skin is left smooth and soft. It's been about a month using the mask. I don't breakout anymore just the clogged pores coming out. I still have acne marks and hyperpigmetaion but I'm fine with that. I'm so happy I cured my acne naturally! No need for accutane, birth control, proactiv etc (: I found my holy grail mask!! Totally recommend it and probiotics if you're dealing with digestive, hormonal acne.

on 10/26/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product doesn't give me outstanding or noticeable results like it says on the packaging. I bought it after I saw many people's review saying they saw obvious results from the first use.
I don't know if I'm mixing it wrong or something. I use 1 part clay powder to 1 part apple cider vinegar as recommended but the mixture still comes out as a clumpy texture. I use a plastic bowl and plastic mixing tool set that other reviewers suggested to buy with it because using metal destroys the properties in the clay (or something along those lines).
I keep it on for 15-20 mins and while it's drying I do feel that tingling, tightening sensation which makes me feel like, oh shit! the clay mask is working and actually doing something for my face, but after I've washed it off with warm water I feel like my face looks exactly the same as before I used it. I have an oily t-zone but my face is also quite dry. I don't know if the clay clears my pores or anything, my face is still just as oily, yet super dry the next day. I moisturise with an oil free product after each use. My face does feel super soft for a bit though!
I bought this product a couple months ago this year and I've been using it regularly once a week. I use it religiously just because I paid a lot for it and don't want to let it go to waste. The Indian Aztec Clay & the pure Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar came to quite a bit of ££'s you know.
After this finishes I will be looking for another clay that might be more helpful for my skin.

on 10/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

You know, I think this is about the best beauty purchase I've made in a very long time (and the most cost-effective :P). I had seen many beauty bloggers raving about Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay for years, but I was finally done in when I came across it on an article about skin products everyone in their late twenties "needs" (not that this is by ANY means only for people in their late twenties, anyone can benefit from a deep pore cleanse). I put this into my Amazon shopping cart, and it was all history from there.

Wow. What a gem. The product itself is a gray powder that comes in a massive jar. For 1lb of product (which is a TON), I paid about $16 CAD. You have the option of either mixing the powder (which is all natural calcium bentonite clay. Simple as that) with either water or apple cider vinegar. I've only used it with ACV, as I've heard it creates a much better consistency than water...Not to mention ACV in itself has tons of skin benefits (aids in cell turnover, balances pH levels, kills bacteria etc). There are no specific measurements. Just use enough clay and ACV to create a thick paste. WARNING: Do not use a metal utensil to mix this, as the clay is charged and the metal interferes. I just use a wooden spoon.

Anyhow, after creating your mix (a messy, but worthwhile process), apply it to clean, damp skin. The jar suggests a 5-15 minute time-frame, and I find that 10 minutes works best for me. Just be careful and listen to your skin (be extra cautious if your skin is sensitive). This is NOT a mask you want to keep on any longer than suggested, as it can dry out and irritate the skin, which has happened to me.

However, when used correctly, this little guy is a lifesaver. It hardens on the face and you can literally feel it pulsating and "sucking" the gunk out of your pores. The first time I used this I literally could not believe how smooth and clean my face felt. You really don't realize how much dirt, sweat, makeup and general gunk are clogging your face until you clear it all out. And what's more? This will literally pull "hidden" pimples to the surface. So don't be surprised if you break out after using this for a few days, it's just all the gunk rising to the surface and being expelled, to reveal clear, healthy skin. Even my pesky nose blackheads had surfaced!

I had gotten to a point that my skin was so congested and clogged that I felt like my skincare products weren't even sinking in. They just sat on my face! Even regular exfoliation was't working, but this came through like a charm. After a treatment, your skin will literally drink up whatever products you apply afterwards. It's kind of amazing actually.

Anyhow, long story short, this is a Godsend and I will never be without it again. I don't use it all the time (and I would NOT suggest using it more than once per week), but when my skin feels clogged and congested, this is a miracle. The results are both instantaneous and cumulative overtime. I want to give a jar of this to everyone I know for Christmas. That's how strongly I feel about it. Funny isn't it? With the plethora of overpriced products that claim to reverse aging, revert your skin to an almost newborn state, and repair your credit, it's often the most simple, natural, and cheap products that work best.

5/5 and then some.

BTW- The only downside to speak of is how hard to come by this product seems to be. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and have never seen it in stores, so I have to order online. I'm not sure if it's even really sold in stores anywhere.....But truth me, it's well worth the wait to order online if you have to. If you struggle with clogged pores or just want a good old detoxifying face treatment, you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting this.